Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Information Please

I contacted Rhonda Wilmelth in regards to my son's visitation form, she told me to contact Colorado DOC, but all the information I can find is in regards to anything is all of this. Does anyone have an email or phone number to find out what the status of my son's visitation approval is? I'd appreicate it!Contacts

Colorado Department of Corrections

2862 South Circle Drive
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906-4195
Telephone: (719) 579-9580
FAX: (719) 226-4755

Faith and Citizen Programs

For information concerning Faith Group Opportunities and Volunteer Programs.

Food Service

For information concerning DOC food service.

Human Resources

For general inquires about personnel services please contact Rafa Smith at 719-226-4450.

Legislative Liaison

The registered lobbyist for the Department of Corrections, presents the interests of the DOC to members of Colorado's General Assembly, regarding on-going and proposed legislative action.

Medical Services

For information addressing medical services.

Offender Services

Monitors inmate systems, which includes: Classification, Case Management, Detainers, and Inmate Movement.

Office of Planning and Analysis

For information on statistics, reporting and evaluations.

Office of Public Affairs

For any questions or information about inmates please review our Inmate Locator or FAQ page; if your questions are not answered send us an email.

Time Computation

For calculations of parole and/or release eligibility dates on an offender's sentence to DOC custody.

Victim Notification

To become a part of our Victim Notification Program contact our Victim's Assistance Office.

Webmaster

For information or suggestions on the website only.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 08:41 PM

You really need to call the facility that he is in. That number is listed on the CDOC site, to the left. Click on facilities.

Have you seen this on the CDOC site about inmates who have been transfered to OK?

Last edited by galgrif; 06-09-2007 at 08:43 PM..
Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 PM

Yes, I've seen the tranfer information...thank you. What level is 22 points?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM

Not an expert opinion by any means, but my son thinks that would be medium closed. He was medium with 17 points.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Smile

Hi Sonia...

Sean's points were 14 for Medium and went up to 19 points after being found guilty of assault. He was then moved to Medium Closed. Private prisons will not take or keep anyone whose points go up to Medium Closed. I would venture to guess that Mike will be on his way back to Colorado as soon as they can find a bed for him. That would be good news since he'd be coming back to Colorado, but it may very well upset your plans to visit since you won't know when he gets moved back.

You can have his mom call Paul Hollenbeck at Offender Services and ask if he's going to be moved back here. Paul won't be able to tell her when, but he will be able to confirm that he's on the transport list.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Cindy, Are you serious? I got an email from Dianne with Colorado CURE and she said this: No, 22 points means medium custody. He is at a private prison that has medium custody and low custody levels. Does this make sense now? Dianne
Is she right? Please let me know because I've taken the 13th and 16th off of July to go to Oklahoma to visit him. Paul at Offender Services...is that the same number listed above for CDOC? Please let me know right away....I appreciate your help!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Cool

All I can tell you is what happened to Sean. Dianne can give you information, but the reality is that DOC will send them wherever there is a bed.

I have Sean's custody sheet and it says anything over 14 points is medium closed custody. I don't know what else to tell you. I also know that DRDC added points onto Sean's custody level that they weren't supposed to (anything older than 10 years is not supposed to count). I questioned it, and their response was "it's a parole revocation and we can do what we want."

You can reach Paul through the main DOC number. He has everything in his computer. Choose the option for Offender Services. He can help you out.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Points

You say they will send him where ever they can find a bed....but he's one of the transfers from Colorado, do you think they'll send him back if he's got more points? I called his dad and told him to call the number and ask Paul. I doubt anyone will give me information because we aren't married yet. He had to sign a "release of information" form for the TC Programs, but that probably doesn't mean that they'll give me information on everything, does it? So where Mike is now isn't a medium custody? I'm not going to get my hopes up that he's being moved back to Colorado, but I would like to know becuase I'm going to see him on July 14th in Oklahoma. Thanks for the information!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

All of the private prisons are medium custody. If he accumulated more points and he is now up to 22, his custody level moved up to medium-closed. The difference between medium custody and medium-closed is the security level at the facility. Crowley (private) is medium and Arkansas Valley (medium-closed). The private prisons will NOT keep someone who is higher than medium, which with 22 points, he now is. So unless North Fork decides to keep him, he will be transferred back to Colorado. All you can do is call Paul and see what he says. I'm worried about you going to visit and him not being there. Inmate movement, especially out of state, is kept very private, as it's a HUGE security risk for people to know when inmates are being transferred (think ESCAPE). Paul can at least tell you if he's in line to be transferred, but he won't be able to tell you when...like I said, they'll have to wait for a bed here to open up for him.

Here are the 5 security levels:

MINIMUM
MINIMUM-RESTRICTED
MEDIUM
MEDIUM-CLOSED
MAXIMUM

Sean said the difference is there are more guard towers and there are two layers of fences at the medium-closed facilities (he was at Crowley first and then moved to Arkansas Valley). I can't tell you much more than that...maybe some of the other posters can tell you about the other facilities and their security features.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM

No, that helps a lot more. So Dianne must not know as much as she thinks she does, huh? I will call his dad again tomorrow and see if he called. Now my curiousity has the best of me. I really don't want to take time off of work and spend $350 to drive to Oklahoma if he's going to be moved back to colorado. If he gets moved, they can still have visitors, correct? Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it!!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Cindy, Does it have to be his parents that call or can I? I'm freaking out now because I'm afraid he'll be gone when I go to visit him next month...I have seen him for 22 years and I'm finally going to get to see him! Why would they tell his dad that he's on a transit list knowing his dad will tell him? Why wouldn't they just tell Mike he's on the list? Please let me know if I can call. THanks, Sonia
Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Cindy, Does it have to be his parents that call or can I?
Hmmm...you can try calling and see if you can get any info. They may not give you any information because you're not a family member. What they may tell you or his dad is that he will be moved, they just won't tell you guys when...they can give you an estimate though...they'll say he'll be moved in about 30 days. They just won't give you exact information.
Quote:
Dianne must not know as much as she thinks she does, huh?
Dianne knows a lot of things, but she also knows that DOC is short on beds and they move offenders wherever there are beds open, regardless of their security level.
Quote:
If he gets moved, they can still have visitors, correct?
Yes his visitor and phone list wil follow him wherever he goes.
Quote:
Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it!!
You're welcome...
Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Thank you Cindy!

I called, they said he's not on a transport list as of now, but to call and check back in a couple weeks before I drive there to see him to make sure! I was surprised they gave me that information!
Thanks again for all your help!