Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 06-08-2014, 02:06 AM

Default My New Husband in Jail, Vindictive Ex Husband Just Found Out

I went through a horrible marriage and divorce with my ex, who was controlling and abusive. When I filed for divorce he hardly saw our 2 girls , who were 1 and 7 at the time. A year later I met my husband and the girls loved him immediately. Suddenly my ex wanted the. All the time and took me to court for a visitation plan. My Husband and I got married and had a son. My girls adore him and love him so much. They call him Dad anf started doing so on their own 3 years ago. Well my ex found out my Husband is in jail because my daughter accidentally left a letter from my husban in her backpack and he went through it. I just receved a text, mind you, it was at 10:45 pm saying "I know about jail!" My reply was "If you have clean hands, then point the finger. Everyone makes mistakes, including the time you got that DUI. I am asleep with my son who happens to be battling an ear infection and it is 10:45 pm. Goodnight." My girls have been going to visit him and they look forward to it. I know he is going to try to take me to court and get an order blocking them from visiting. He has been very vindictive ever since I got together with my husband including falsely calling CPS on me 3 times in the past 4 years. Has anyone been through this or heard of it? Any input would help. My girls are now 12 and 5 and love my hubby so much. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to loveylove For This Useful Post:
BrokeWithoutHim (03-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Thanked 1,083 Times in 517 Posts

i really dont think he can go to court and say your husband is a bad man bc he went to jail considering he was in jail too. but he can take you back to court forever . its annoying but life. i dont know why people just dont want to get along for the best of there kids .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christik999 For This Useful Post:
BrokeWithoutHim (03-08-2017), loveylove (06-13-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Love addict

Not yet.. but I fear it is coming.. I haven't told my ex about my babe.. At first it was because I wasn't sure if we were going to make it as a couple. And then it was because I didn't want the inevitable fight I may go through with my ex.. however since my babe will be getting out in a few months I certainly am not going to rock the boat.. my ex is an asshat.. and would do whatever to hurt me..

As far as you and your ex.. realistically speaking unless your babe is a sex offender I don't believe the courts will order that your husband can't be around your children unless your ex can actually show that your husband represents a threat to their welfare.

But I don't know how about visitations.. I was told that my ex can call the prison and say he doesn't want my boys visiting.. but my boys don't go anyway.. they aren't allowed to in AL..

Everyone says that love hurts, but that's not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love, but in reality, LOVE is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.

Last edited by Shayvalleygirl; 06-10-2014 at 08:57 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Shayvalleygirl For This Useful Post:
loveylove (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christik999 View Post
i really dont think he can go to court and say your husband is a bad man bc he went to jail considering he was in jail too. but he can take you back to court forever . its annoying but life. i dont know why people just dont want to get along for the best of there kids .
My ex husband did not get jail time for his DUI. Just a fine...he is all over this issue like white on rice! I go to court Sept.16! He told the judge he wants full/sole custody now. I have had these girls for 4 years! Got through nursing school, and have been steadily working and taking care of them all this time. I don't do drugs or have a drinking issue. I have NEVER missed a beat in providing for their needs. Emotional needs included. I have all the faith in the world that he has no chance....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveylove For This Useful Post:
BrokeWithoutHim (03-08-2017), christik999 (06-13-2014), xolady (08-22-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 PM

Does your xH have money? Court fees & attorney's fees are costly. But threats are free. Calling the CPS is free, too. He sounds cowardly, and using the situation to his advantage to control you. I am sure you are strong enough to handle it, but maybe a call to a lawyer is in order, JIC. good luck, Luna
Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 AM

My ex and I were on the other side of the issue a few years ago. His first ex wife's new husband went to jail over meth charges. He'd been in and out of jail since '96(if I remember right) for various charges: drugs, auto theft, b&e, you name it, but nothing violent. We tried going to court on grounds of her making poor choices on who to have in the kids life. We had statements from the kids taken by our local child advocacy center saying they were terrified of him. The judge threw it out saying that their mother was the only one that mattered. As long as she could prove she was a fit parent he couldn't/wouldn't take the kids from her. FYI: she didn't work, lived solely on child support, ssi, and food stamps. Because she had a roof over their head, food in their stomachs, and clothes on their backs(that we bought!) she was not an unfit parent.

Other than the stress this is putting you thru you have nothing to worry about!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itwontbelong180 For This Useful Post:
loveylove (12-27-2014), xolady (08-22-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Thanked 1,083 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwontbelong180 View Post
My ex and I were on the other side of the issue a few years ago. His first ex wife's new husband went to jail over meth charges. He'd been in and out of jail since '96(if I remember right) for various charges: drugs, auto theft, b&e, you name it, but nothing violent. We tried going to court on grounds of her making poor choices on who to have in the kids life. We had statements from the kids taken by our local child advocacy center saying they were terrified of him. The judge threw it out saying that their mother was the only one that mattered. As long as she could prove she was a fit parent he couldn't/wouldn't take the kids from her. FYI: she didn't work, lived solely on child support, ssi, and food stamps. Because she had a roof over their head, food in their stomachs, and clothes on their backs(that we bought!) she was not an unfit parent.

Other than the stress this is putting you thru you have nothing to worry about!
yeah im not for taking the kids from her just bc she picked a dip shit to marry. im sure she thought he was wonderful at the time . we all make mistakes . and yes if her kids are provided for clean and healthy and happy. the husbands crimes are not her own . and she shouldn't be judged on them. i dont care if she gets welfare btdt and many of the mothers here have had too after their spouses were taken away.as far as the kids terrified of him.... they appearently did not agree with your accessment. i can tell you really dont like her or him. that can influence a child . why not just share the kids and get along and do whats best for them ? i never understand why parents want to cut each other out of their childrens lives .