Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 12-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum Maria! Looking forward to hearing more about your brother and how you are dealing with things etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Donation Award 

SisterJo- Welcome to the Siblings Forum! I am glad you found us -you will find lots of support here. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your brother.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:51 PM
WillieG.

Default New to PTO!

Hello everybody! Well, my little brother is in the Texas DCJ system and I just got back from seeing him for the first time in 3 years....I am so glad I finally made the trip to North Texas. I miss him so much and it was an emotional experience for me and my family. I feel so helpless and I wish I could do something to get him released. This place seems like the place to be and I hope to hear some feedback as well as advice and support.

I hope to hear from someone soon.....

Thanks!

Willie G.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Willie -you will find lots of support here! It must have been wonderful finally seeing your brother after 3 years- will you be able to visit again soon? Are you able to write to him? I am sure there are a great many of us here who can relate to how you are feeling right now. I hope you will be a frequent visitor here- it does help knowing you are not alone!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:18 PM

Hello. My brother was sentenced to 8 years in prison on 10/29. He was just recently transferred from Tarrant County to Middleton. The kind words and support that I have received here has been wonderful. I pass as much information that I can on to my nieces (his daughters) and you guys here have been great at giving information. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum dallasgal84 ! PTO is a great place for support and information so I hope you will be a frequent visitor. Will you be able to visit your brother?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Yes, I will be going this Saturday with my oldest niece to visit. Not sure how I am going to react when I see him since they have shaved his head and his beard. I can't even begin to imagine what he looks like. My niece said he looks like an elf.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
WillieG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM
Welcome to PTO Willie -you will find lots of support here! It must have been wonderful finally seeing your brother after 3 years- will you be able to visit again soon? Are you able to write to him? I am sure there are a great many of us here who can relate to how you are feeling right now. I hope you will be a frequent visitor here- it does help knowing you are not alone!
DLM-

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I will be visit him frequently. We line in Houston and he is in Lamesa, Tx (Smith Unit), so you can imaginre the drive. But I tell you wat....it was well worth it. Him seeing me, made his Christmas. I cried, my mom cried and he hugged me and sai not to worry. But it was and is hard for me to see my lil bro (he is 6 yrs younger) that way. But he understands and he is sorry for what he did. He got 6 years for agg robbery, he has done 3 so far. He has gotten his edu., a trade and is a trustee. He says that he is fine and that he is just "adjusting" to his pen-life. I just asked him to fly straight and come home. I miss my brother!!!

Thank you for responding and you can most certainly bet I will be here everyday, hour, minute and second. Thank you for your hospitality everybody.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Donation Award 

WillieG -at least he has learned a trade and is a trustee so the time was not wasted and he is half-way through the sentence- something positive to come out of all of this!
Dallasgal84- looking forward to hearing about your upcoming visit with your brother!
Old 12-25-2004, 06:50 PM

New to this - anyone listening
Old 12-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO spx-This is the forum to come to if you have (or had) a sibling in prison. if you would like to post an Intro.telling us a little about yourself you can do it here.If you have a problem/question you can start a New Thread or if you want to answer a previous thread just go to Quick Reply!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:27 PM

I am new here too. My brother is in prison in texas. I also think that is site was a awesome idea. I hope it helps alot more people.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO lookin4mybro! You will find lots of support and information here!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:52 PM

Hello everyone this is my first time on this web site I have a brother who is boscobel and I have a few questions about the place can anyone be of assistance?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Baby Sis- you will find lots of support and information here! I did a search (top of the page) and there are some posts about Boscobel in the Wisconsin Forum (if that is where your brother is). If you need any more help please ask
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Drug War Victim

Hello. Me too. I am listening if you need to talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spx
New to this - anyone listening
Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
babykat

Default Nice to know I'm not alone

I am glad that there is a site for people like me and that I am not alone. It is nice to find people to talk to about having loved ones in prison and not have them turn there face on u like u are the criminal as well. I hope to hear from some of u. Thanxs
Old 02-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum babykat- glad you found us!
Old 02-05-2005, 07:20 AM

i am so happy i found this website! my little sister (44) is being sentenced on 3/31/05 in federal court; this started 2 yrs ago; it feels like ten; my friends have been so supportive and awesome but they can't understand how i feel like i'm going to prison too, when she goes i go...i feel so upset sometimes; i'm trying to keep my emotions together but the closer it gets the more freaked out i'm becoming...i'm sad, i love her, my kids love her, we're in custody battle for my godson/nephew who i started watching when he was 6 wks old; who is now 9yrs old and i love just as i love my kids and he feels the same...i'm pissed at her...i'm selfish thinking of how she won't be there for me to lean on...i keep flashing back to when we were little kids and we'd hold hands; we still do (esp. when either one of us is upset) and that i'm having to let go of hers...okay i know; enough of my "pity party" -- but there has been no place for me to say stuff like that....thank you for being here...sorry that you have to be...but i feel like i've found a lifejacket. m
Old 02-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Donation Award 

upsetsis- Welcome to the Siblings Forum and to PTO- so glad you found us! I know how you must be feeling right now- the whole gamut of emotions and I don't think it's at all selfish to feel angry that you won't have her to lean on. It really helps though coming here and knowing others are feeling the same way. Looking forward to reading more of your posts so please keep us updated on your sister.If you haven't already you should check out the Federal Forum which is full of information.PM me anytime if you need any help etc.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Dixee in Bama

Smile New here

Hi everyone

I am new here and wanted to say hi.

I'm Denise from Alabama.
My brother is incarcerated in Elmore CF..in Alabama. His release date is set for Jan 2006. This isnt his first time in jail...he is a repeat offender.

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this site. Its great to know there are people who understand what we deal with and are going through also.
I just pray that Thomas will realize he has an alcohol problem and gets the help he needs..so this will be his last time locked up.

I look forward to reading the posts and leaving some of my own.

Have a nice day everyone
Dixee

Old 02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Dixee in Bama

Post Hello...I'm new here

Hi
I wanted to take a moment to intro myself and tell a little about my story.
I'm Dixee (Denise)..I live in Alabama.
My younger brother is incarcerated in Elmore CF in Elmore Alabama.
Thomas has an alcohol problem..which has led to many stints in numerous state facilities...mainly in Alabama.
Each time Thomas goes to jail..I lose a little more of my heart and I feel as if we the family are in jail also...in a way we are.
Thomas doesnt think he has a problem with drinking...according to him he has a problem with drinking & driving. *sigh* Until he realizes he has a problem and deals with the issue..nothing I say will make a difference I am afraid. Its like beating my head against a brick wall. I dont want to preach to him....I'm not perfect by any means...we all have our faults. I just hate to see him travel down the same road..over and over again.
I go visit him every other Sunday when I can..and I send money and 3 or 4 letters each week. I try to keep him updated on things..and send pics of my kids whom he is very close to. My boys dont understand why he isnt here with us...but they are young and not expected too.
In short...I wish Thomas would make the decisions he needs to make.... to change his life and habits ....until then all I can do is be here for him and try to support him the best I can.
When a loved one goes to prison...we all suffer.

Thanks for listening.
I am so glad that I stumbled across this group...it helps to talk with people that truly understand and have been where we are today. Friends help alot..but unless they have been in this situation..I dont think they can truly understand what goes on with us..and how this affects everyone involved.

I look forward to reading your posts and leaving some of my own.
Have a nice day y'all

Dixee

Old 04-22-2005, 04:16 PM

Hi i'm new too, my name is Breanna and my brother is a washington state transfer to Minnesota. This is a cool place to get support.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Siblings Forum Breanna! You will find lots of support here so I am glad you found us.Just ask if you need any help finding your way around.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:18 PM

Default New to the Prison System Stuff

Hi! My little brother was just sent to Middleton Unit the first of this month. My family has never been through this and we are worried sick. He talks about the stabbing that took place there last week and I am so worried.
Like I said, we are new to the system and don't know what to do or how to go about sending him money, pictures or anything that he is allowed to have.
Can anyone take me under your wing and show me the way to go about these things and help with future questions.
Thanks
"Lost Little Butterfly"