Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:34 PM

Default Phone lines for Electronic Monitoring

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed. I have been searching forums for days and cannot find the information I am needing. My husband is in the middle of completing the program he has to complete before he can be released on parole. One of the stipulations to his parole is electronic monitoring. His offense was 3G. Anyway, I'm under the impression he will be on 1 of two monitors TDCJ uses and from what I understand, one of those has to have an analog landline. The problem is the neighborhood I live in went digital way before I moved into it so there is no analog landline service available in the area anymore. I am wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, was there a solution and what was it? Nothing is more upsetting than to know you have spent years holding someone down, knowing they were going to come home one day, that day finally gets here and now there is a chance they can't even come to their home. This is his first parole so we have no idea what we are doing. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2019, 04:46 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,866 Times in 1,552 Posts

I've been in both situations. To the best of my knowledge from what I've seen in the last 2 years, a landline is not needed. EM, GPS and SISP are all monitoring situations where landlines can be bypassed for cellular phone capabilities. Parole goes through a company called 3M to do with monitoring.
Its easy enough to setup a landline with AT&T but if they don't have the equipment in place then, they don't have it. If not and your loved one is trying to get an approved address for parole it may be that he'll start out at a state approved halfway house if all else fails. He'll get out, but I can't see why a landline is needed or called for. None the less, take it one step at a time. He'll get out
sbrook (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 04:57 PM

He turned in our address and his sisters address for approval. We live in the same city and she does have a landline. There's a 50/50 chance he won't even need the landline as the GPS one doesn't require one, but be our luck he ends up with the RF one. I tried the AT&T route but all they offer is digital. The other companies I called offer VoIP. It's just frustrating. We still have kids at home and they don't really understand the legalities of it all. Dads coming home, but he may not be able to come HOME.

Last edited by sbrook; 11-11-2019 at 05:04 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbrook For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-11-2019), Firebrand (11-14-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 03:34 PM

I thought I would update just in case someone else has the same issue we came into contact with. I contacted Austin yesterday and was told that most monitors now work off of cell towers and she suggested I contact the local Parole Office and let them know about my landline and let them know I would need the monitor that worked off of cell towers. Called the local Parole Office and I was told in our area, they don't even install monitors that require analog landlines anymore. The only monitors they have here work off of cell towers and the only way I would have had to get an analog line was if I lived in a rural area where there is no cell reception. My husband is going to have the RF Monitor, so they will come install a little box once he is ready to be released. While I was on the phone with the Parole Office, they went ahead and approved my address so it was a win/win for me

Last edited by Firebrand; 11-14-2019 at 05:46 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbrook For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-13-2019), Firebrand (11-14-2019), SLovee (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,946 Times in 13,194 Posts

Great news, congratulations.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:51 PM

That’s such great news, congratulations!

I didn’t even think about that until I saw your post. I live in a brand new construction that doesn’t have analog phone lines and it’s not anything I would have even thought to ask. I appreciate you sharing so I can check off my list of things not to worry about (try to anyway��).

Glad it’s going to work out for you both!
The Following User Says Thank You to SLovee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 06:10 PM

It’s been a very long time coming that’s for sure! It’s long and frustrating and nerve wracking but it was and is so totally worth it.