Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:21 AM
HisWifey4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamataylorrae View Post
I sent it and also another wife and I have posted it on twitter.
Can i please see it i need to see it[/quote]

can you at least tell us what to look the video up under because my brother has talked about the video and its been mentioned of wives having a copy and if u cant send us a link please tell us how to find it ive looked up every way thought possible and cant find anything
Old 05-28-2018, 07:38 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,291 Times in 14,282 Posts

Might want to do this via pm. ^^

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-28-2018), Sarianna (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 01:25 PM

Thumbs down

'So It's Happening At All CA Prisons Up North Or ? My Husband Is In Avenal Do You Lady's Know If It's Happening Or Is Gonna Happen There ? ? BTW May Your Love Ones Be Safe/In God's Hands , Can't Believe CDCR Would Do Something Like This Knowing Riots Fights Will Break Out .
Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,011 Times in 6,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalineNChris View Post
'So It's Happening At All CA Prisons Up North Or ? My Husband Is In Avenal Do You Lady's Know If It's Happening Or Is Gonna Happen There ? ? BTW May Your Love Ones Be Safe/In God's Hands , Can't Believe CDCR Would Do Something Like This Knowing Riots Fights Will Break Out .

They're not giving much notice for the new yards. But if the information below is correct, there is a temporary hold on moving inmates. CDC is scrambling for space and to find a way to curtail SNY gangs. Apparently this was their solution. Done appropriately, I think it could work for some. But mass movements, no.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AdalineNChris (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
They're not giving much notice for the new yards. But if the information below is correct, there is a temporary hold on moving inmates. CDC is scrambling for space and to find a way to curtail SNY gangs. Apparently this was their solution. Done appropriately, I think it could work for some. But mass movements, no.
Mia,
What information below? I must be missing something.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:43 PM

Can someone please explain to me these things in detail. 1. What is a programming yard / prison? 2. Are the problems that are occurring happening more so on regular yards they are integrating or programming yards?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalvisions View Post
Can someone please explain to me these things in detail. 1. What is a programming yard / prison? 2. Are the problems that are occurring happening more so on regular yards they are integrating or programming yards?

So now we have GP, SNY and Integrated Yards.

GP- general population
SNY- sensitive needs yard
Integrated- mixing of GP and SNY, also called non-designated yard and 50/50
The reports are coming from yards that CDC has allegedly tried to integrate. Established GP and SNY not experiencing integration are not being discussed because this transition doesn't apply to them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AdalineNChris (05-28-2018), crystalvisions (05-28-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018), sidewalker (05-29-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmc1965 View Post
Mia,
What information below? I must be missing something.
I was referring to this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFEYRUIZ View Post
inmates were informed yesterday that the transfers to that prison were being stopped indefinitely until further notice. they were told that this was because of fights, riots, and serious injuries happening because of this stupid idea .
But as we have nothing from CDC saying that this happened or didn't happen except what is posted in the SacBee:
"CDCR spokeswoman Vicky Waters confirmed more than a dozen inmates were involved in a fight there on Monday, but said no inmates or staff members were hurt. She could not provide any more details about the who was involved, saying the incident was still under investigation."

It's really difficult to give solid guidance on what to expect. We didn't expect transfers en masse, but here we are. We're all flying by the seat of our pants on this one, unfortunately. That's why I'll continue to ask folks to report experiences to PLO so they can compile them and address the issue for the whole agency on policy.

Last edited by miamac; 05-28-2018 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: format
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AdalineNChris (05-28-2018), crystalvisions (05-28-2018), imlmc1965 (05-29-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018), sidewalker (05-29-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 10:29 PM

Where does programming come into this? How are they deciding who they integrate? Established gp and sny are not being forced together?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Where does programming come into this? How are they deciding who they integrate? Established gp and sny are not being forced together?

I think there was some use of 'programming' and 'non-programming' labels, but when you read memos from PLO, LSA and CDC, they use 'integrated' and 'non-designated' to describe the mixed yards. All yards should be programming yards, unless they're ASU/SHU. CDC has insinuated that non-designated (or 50/50) yards allow more access to programming as incentive for inmates to participate.

As to how they are deciding who integrates? You'll hear various versions. Early on, GP inmates were being screened and asked to participate. But it seems that the further we move from the pilot program, the murkier the process for selection becomes. The LSA document posted a while back (Feb LSA newsletter, CDC memo) says that inmates will be screened for behaviour and good conduct. But that if they're chosen, refusal to participate can initiate disciplinary action.

Yes, GP and SNY are being 'forced' together, but once that happens the yard is now a non-designated yard for the purpose of CDC classification.

Whew! Can I throw anymore acronyms in here? :P

Last edited by miamac; 05-28-2018 at 10:47 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AdalineNChris (05-28-2018), crystalvisions (05-29-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018), sidewalker (05-29-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 10:49 PM

Smile

'Thank You !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdalineNChris For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-28-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 11:02 PM

Thanked 1,220 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Whew! Can I throw anymore acronyms in here? :P
Yeah you can

Quote:
They are all kinda the same thing, People including CDCR using different terms. 50 / 50 = integrated = programming (sorta).

CDCR puts a "literal" gun to inmates head and gives them choice to "program" or not. And give them too little information and too little time to decide. If they decide to "not program" they face penalty. That is a stupid way to implement. Maybe explain potential benefits??

At CHCF, the guys who decided to "program" about a year ago. They get fed "human" food. Roast beef about once per week for example. My friend there has gained about 50 pounds much to his chagrin.

He's had Hep C for years. They just started him on the sofosbuvir and velpatasvir. That's 4 months and about $75,000 of treatment that CDCR denies to a lot of inmates.

They have created a dog training program there. Very popular.

They have a creative writing program. Accomplished published author comes in weekly to teach. Also very popular.

Not saying all integrated yards get this programming. But they are now doing better than the guys who opted out last year.

Anyway who knows why but I think when they're trying to "sell it" they use the programming terminology. I think they are clearly doing an awful job of explaining and implementing. And that's contributing to the uproar.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-29-2018), Luvly143 (05-29-2018), miamac (05-28-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Yeah you can
Gettin' smart with me, mister?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (05-28-2018), Sarianna (05-29-2018), sidewalker (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 12:07 PM

There has been major movement on D yard at Calipatria (level 4 SNY yard). Major sweep of STG members/associates. Rumor is they're prepping it for a merge but nothing has been said for sure. All that is known is that about 100 STG members are being shipped out to Centinela or Kern Valley.
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 12:16 PM

Hopefully this info helps anyone looking for it, this is from Sac from the office of the ombudsman....as of today these are the yards being integrated, no other yards other than the ones listed have been made to a 50/50.

The Non Designated Program Facilities (NDPF) that are rolling out are on the Level 1 and 2 yards, as well as the Fire Camps and Minimum Support Facilities (MSF). This has also been the model for quite some time for the “health care” facilities, such as CHCF and CMF, as well as those areas housing the Enhanced Outpatient Programs (EOPs) and the PIP. There are Level 4 EOP units, which would be integrated, and have been for quite some time. Those areas where there are large groups of individuals going to a NDPF would be at the MSF, Fire Camp, Level I and 2 yards. Level 4 would only be integrated in their health care units, such as the PIP and the EOP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-29-2018), Oanna (07-14-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 12:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
There has been major movement on D yard at Calipatria (level 4 SNY yard). Major sweep of STG members/associates. Rumor is they're prepping it for a merge but nothing has been said for sure. All that is known is that about 100 STG members are being shipped out to Centinela or Kern Valley.

They also cleared THU (D yard) at KVSP a while back.

Keep in mind that they are bringing back out of state inmates and there will be a LOT of movement over the next year or so. Not all will be integration related. Rumors are going to fly with these changes. Some facilities are at or nearly at federal cap for capacity and so moves in order to accommodate are necessary. It's an unsettling time for us all, we'll do our best to help one another through.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-29-2018), Luv0fHisLife (05-30-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
The Non Designated Program Facilities (NDPF) that are rolling out are on the Level 1 and 2 yards, as well as the Fire Camps and Minimum Support Facilities (MSF). This has also been the model for quite some time for the “health care” facilities, such as CHCF and CMF, as well as those areas housing the Enhanced Outpatient Programs (EOPs) and the PIP. There are Level 4 EOP units, which would be integrated, and have been for quite some time. Those areas where there are large groups of individuals going to a NDPF would be at the MSF, Fire Camp, Level I and 2 yards. Level 4 would only be integrated in their health care units, such as the PIP and the EOP.
Thank you, very helpful!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:16 PM

My husband is currently at CVSP and was moved to a level 1 yard to qualify for a time reduction. . In the past month he was moved 3 times and just notified today he was one of the inmates chosen to send out to Lancaster to a non-designated yard that is currently GP. That means less of them which makes it even more dangerous. He signed a document that was circled in “disagreement” with the move but I think they are still moving him there regardless and said if he refused he could lose his ERD. He said that he’s making sure there’s a paper trail for everything with CDCR if anything might happen. He’s filed a 602 as well. I think this is a quick fix not thought out very well by CDCR that will just create even bigger issues. Wrong way to go about trying to fix gang issues in SNY and overcrowding by involving those who aren’t the problem who just want to do their time and go home are suffering because of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truyle22 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 09:47 PM

Default Ombudsmen called me back today

Told me there is nothing we can do about it. What's done is done. He did say however, that the moves are going to stop for now because of the incidents that have occurred and that the 30 from mule creek are being housed with the old school guys who "don't care about the politics" My husband was calling me everyday there for a while. He said that him and the others from mule creek were going back out on the yard today and it was either going to be all bad or all good. Has anyone heard from their loved ones today that are at new folsom?? I haven't heard from my husband.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamataylorrae For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeesgirl View Post
my brother is 1 of the ones from Mule Creek and I have also called different places, news and attorneys and am told their hands are tied basically.. this is wrong and something needs to be done somehow, someway
Yes girl,
I called multuple attourneys and i called the ombudsmen on friday and he actually called me back today and explained to me that theres nothing i can do or anyone can do, but that thet are now stopping transfers.. i explained to him its fucked up that they needed guinea pigs for this cruel experiment and that my husband was on of them. Have you heard from your brother today??
My husband hasnt called me today at all and im worried. He said today they were all going back out on the same yard they got stabbed on.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeesgirl View Post
Can i please see it i need to see it
can you at least tell us what to look the video up under because my brother has talked about the video and its been mentioned of wives having a copy and if u cant send us a link please tell us how to find it ive looked up every way thought possible and cant find anything[/quote]

I dont know why it says i posted that. I want whoever has it to send me it. Im upset that i never was linked to it. . I dont get this thread thing. It hurts my head
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamataylorrae For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamataylorrae View Post
Yes girl,
I called multuple attourneys and i called the ombudsmen on friday and he actually called me back today and explained to me that theres nothing i can do or anyone can do, but that thet are now stopping transfers.. i explained to him its fucked up that they needed guinea pigs for this cruel experiment and that my husband was on of them. Have you heard from your brother today??
My husband hasnt called me today at all and im worried. He said today they were all going back out on the same yard they got stabbed on.
I had been getting calls almost everyday. They had been on lockdown even though they could call. Today is when they were off lockdown and normal activities to start and to return to same yard.

Since no calls, my guess they are on lock down again. There was no visitation last weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yyyyzzzz For This Useful Post:
Mamataylorrae (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyyyzzzz View Post
I had been getting calls almost everyday. They had been on lockdown even though they could call. Today is when they were off lockdown and normal activities to start and to return to same yard.

Since no calls, my guess they are on lock down again. There was no visitation last weekend.

Alright so you're not getting a call today either. Yeah i was getting calls daily until today. He told me they were off lockdown today and the possibilities of what could happen, but i mean not knowing is difficult.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:35 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to make sense of all this. Someone help me!
My husband is supposed to be transferring with 30 other men to KVSP (D yard), is that an integrated yard?

Old 05-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fHisLife View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm trying to make sense of all this. Someone help me!
My husband is supposed to be transferring with 30 other men to KVSP (D yard), is that an integrated yard?
No, D yard was SNY and THU mix, but they've removed THU and it sounds like they're filling it back up now. Your husband is SNY, correct?