Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Two Hearts One Soul

Ladies, I am very concerned for my son who will soon be transferred to San Quentin. At this point it seems that CDCR will continue with transfers. It is time to PRAY with all we have for our loved ones. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man or women avails much. I have people praying for my son and have to believe that God will protect him. Here are some scriptures to encourage everyone. I will include all those who have commented on this site and all men who are in the process of being moved.
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon formed against you shall prosper
Psalm 91: 9-11
If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
crystalvisions (05-28-2018), imlmc1965 (05-27-2018), ms.k.lee (05-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 05:27 PM

From the posted notice from CDCr, the original reason for SNY was being abused. Further, gangs were forming on SNY. They needed to change the yards back to pre-1990’s. They are using Rehabilitation and program options as the reason to undo a system that no longer works instead af addressing the gang issues in prison. They expect inmates to navigate the real world upon release. However, CDCR can’t manage the gang issue themselves within the confines of a prison they are supposed to be in control of.

They are aware this new policy change is fraught with issues resulting in violence. That is why they were prepared. That, I believe, is why the CO told the inmates to “get it done”, knowing the current inmates had weapons. Expecting violence, let it play out, corral the ones called upon to do the violence. Rinse and repeat.

Meanwhile our loved ones are the guinea pigs in this bad experiment gone wild. And the one’s committing violence against fellow inmates have just lengthened their time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yyyyzzzz For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,084 Times in 453 Posts

This has many concerned not knowing what is going on, and hearing scary stories. You tell someone a story. Everyone changes it a little and after it has been retold many times it's not the same story anymore.

Integration has been done at RJD. I don't know how that transpired. I have not heard any bad stories. Then it was done at CHCF. I do know something about how that transpired. It followed, more or less, how official CDCR notices have described the process. Inmates were given a very short time to decide if they wanted to participate or not. Those who did not - they lost privileges while CDCR found a new bed for them at another prison. That did take many months. CHCF spent many months, almost a year in fact, partially to fully integrating GP and SNY who agreed to participate.

It has now over a year since CHCF started. I am not aware of any uprisings that it caused. I am in contact with inmates at CHCF. They were all uncertain and scared and unhappy and didn't know what to do at the outset. They're OK now.

Parsing through this thread apparently Mule Creek is integrating. As has been case in other integrations there are unhappy people. We need to be certain that what we report is accurate and happening. A lot of people reading this are getting upset and I think unnecessarily. I have read through CDCR today online, thus far no reports there about major incidents. Maybe there are smaller incidents - but riots would appear somewhere in print or online.

Look, CDCR has been doing this for over 2 years. Slowly but they have had success and they are unlikely to stop the program. The process of how they do it is important. Valid complaint that they use discipline to force it. Valid complaint if they are doing it too fast. Likely other valid complaints. Mia has posted links on how to write and have your voice heard at CDCR and Prison Law Office (PLO). PLO has done great things for inmates for many years now. They are asking for feedback, so send it to them. But check and double check. No heresay...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (05-25-2018), miamac (05-25-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 06:50 PM

CCI has also successfully integrated their level 1 yard. As far as I know full integration is only being done on level 1's and possibly trickling into 2's. They know it won't be easy on 3 and 4 and what the warden at CCI has told people is they want to see it successfully done statewide on 1 and 2 yards before moving on. At the risk of sounding rude, level 1 yards don't tend to have as many violent offenders so the risk is much lower of violent riots. ...Im not doubting anyone who is relaying messages from MCSP but right now there's no lockdown, no press release which are both pretty standard for big incidents.....no links to the video. I hope all the men are safe but the best thing is to write PLO with facts, they are good about fighting for prisoner rights.....The men also have avenues for filing 602 appeals....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (05-25-2018), miamac (05-25-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 06:55 PM

D yard at Salinas Valley is a 4 yard and theyve already made it into an "integrated yard". Idk about any other 4 yards but my husband is currently on DYard at SVSP so i know this info is for sure correct. They did it like 2.months ago or somewhere around that time. Just fyi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
CCI has also successfully integrated their level 1 yard. As far as I know full integration is only being done on level 1's and possibly trickling into 2's. They know it won't be easy on 3 and 4 and what the warden at CCI has told people is they want to see it successfully done statewide on 1 and 2 yards before moving on. At the risk of sounding rude, level 1 yards don't tend to have as many violent offenders so the risk is much lower of violent riots. ...Im not doubting anyone who is relaying messages from MCSP but right now there's no lockdown, no press release which are both pretty standard for big incidents.....no links to the video. I hope all the men are safe but the best thing is to write PLO with facts, they are good about fighting for prisoner rights.....The men also have avenues for filing 602 appeals....
Old 05-25-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
This has many concerned not knowing what is going on, and hearing scary stories. You tell someone a story. Everyone changes it a little and after it has been retold many times it's not the same story anymore.

Integration has been done at RJD. I don't know how that transpired. I have not heard any bad stories. Then it was done at CHCF. I do know something about how that transpired. It followed, more or less, how official CDCR notices have described the process. Inmates were given a very short time to decide if they wanted to participate or not. Those who did not - they lost privileges while CDCR found a new bed for them at another prison. That did take many months. CHCF spent many months, almost a year in fact, partially to fully integrating GP and SNY who agreed to participate.

It has now over a year since CHCF started. I am not aware of any uprisings that it caused. I am in contact with inmates at CHCF. They were all uncertain and scared and unhappy and didn't know what to do at the outset. They're OK now.

Parsing through this thread apparently Mule Creek is integrating. As has been case in other integrations there are unhappy people. We need to be certain that what we report is accurate and happening. A lot of people reading this are getting upset and I think unnecessarily. I have read through CDCR today online, thus far no reports there about major incidents. Maybe there are smaller incidents - but riots would appear somewhere in print or online.

Look, CDCR has been doing this for over 2 years. Slowly but they have had success and they are unlikely to stop the program. The process of how they do it is important. Valid complaint that they use discipline to force it. Valid complaint if they are doing it too fast. Likely other valid complaints. Mia has posted links on how to write and have your voice heard at CDCR and Prison Law Office (PLO). PLO has done great things for inmates for many years now. They are asking for feedback, so send it to them. But check and double check. No heresay...

I beg to differ with you. My husband was able to call me yesterday and told me what happened the moment they got there. 9 people were stabbed he was sliced on his rib cage. Cdcr will not post what is really happening, they will post what is what they want the public to be aware of. That they are doing a good deed. This will end in deaths.

Thanks for your response. But no thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamataylorrae For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,531 Times in 6,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
You can use the information found on the flyer in this post to provide PLO with information that will assist them in looking into issues related to integration.
Please use the the contact information linked above to report your experience to PLO. I'm not keen on throwing conflicting numbers around about injuries in an open thread when there are still people who have not heard from their loved one. Again, I know the situation is tense but PLO is the very best outlet for this information. If, or when, CDC posts regarding an incident, we will link in this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (05-25-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamataylorrae View Post
I beg to differ with you. My husband was able to call me yesterday and told me what happened the moment they got there. 9 people were stabbed he was sliced on his rib cage. Cdcr will not post what is really happening, they will post what is what they want the public to be aware of. That they are doing a good deed. This will end in deaths.

Exactly. That some were not injured. We should applaud?

My son was one of the ones introduced into a GP yard. He never elected to be a SNY. He was determined by CDRC because of publicity. He was attempted to be knifed by a yard he was not supposed to be entered.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyyyzzzz View Post
Exactly. That some were not injured. We should applaud?
No one is applauding violence or near misses. What we do not want is fuel to a fire that we have no way of verifying. Please put yourself in the shoes of the loved ones who haven't had a call. Would it help to hear three different and conflicting reports of what may have occurred? Again, please take that information to the contact listed on the PLO flyer where it will make an impact and not further add to the agitation and fear for family members and loved ones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
mariamrod21 (06-06-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 07:54 PM

You have no idea what family means.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:03 PM

Thanked 1,084 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
I wasn't going to post anymore but can't let that slide. Mia most certainly does know. And she selflessly contributes to this website as much or more than virtually anyone.

Everyone has an opinion. It's OK to disagree and state your disagreement on this site. But it is not OK to make personal statements.

Post your information and opinions. But be civil.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (05-25-2018), mariamrod21 (06-06-2018), miamac (05-25-2018), patchouli (05-26-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:

My husband has been SNY for nearly seven years.

I know you're new to the site, but on PTO we try to put in the forefront of all of our posts support, accuracy and the well-being of our members and their/our loved ones inside.

I know you're upset. This is an upsetting situation. I've asked folks to do as PLO has requested and send your reports to them. That is the most effective way to help your loved one and inform the public. Turning on one another and repeating second and third-hand information only serves to divide what could be a united front in keeping our loved ones safe.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (05-25-2018), gvalliant (05-25-2018), Mamataylorrae (05-25-2018), patchouli (05-26-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 05:58 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,802 Times in 14,067 Posts

I just wanted to add a bit.....please if you have information give it to the Prison Law office. (dates, times, yard etc...)
This is going to be the way to help.

I pray for all with loved ones on sny.
It really saddens me that what WAS a good idea, has turned shitty.

How stupid to think that someone in prison will behave as if they were *free*
And to be honest.....if they have gangs in sny....why are they on that yard then????

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-26-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:54 AM

There is family. Then there is buisness/corporate.
This is to me, family. I get the CDCR’s need to balance budget, readjust policy, assure pensions, re elect DA’s in support.
However when said “policies” effect my own, it’s no longer business, it’s family.
30 inmates were moved. So far 3 of those 30, 10%, have found themselves here and posted they have heard 5, 6 or 9 of those 30 were injured. And they expect more violence. This is not speculation. This is communication. About an outrageous situation.
I have had no further communication than 1 phone call. I AM worried as all should be. Trying to not be worried is not a strategy. Being worried and acting out of that concern and fear is.
Mamataylorrae (05-27-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
My husband has been SNY for nearly seven
So, imagine he is now being zip tied and placed into individual cages after sitting down and refusing to leave established yard. And being sent to SNY not because of disavowing a gang affiliation but due to nature of case. Then released into open yard of GP who have been compiling weapons for this encounter. CO sees weapons and says get it done.
crystalvisions (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
So, imagine he is now being zip tied and placed into individual cages after sitting down and refusing to leave established yard. And being sent to SNY not because of disavowing a gang affiliation but due to nature of case. Then released into open yard of GP who have been compiling weapons for this encounter. CO sees weapons and says get it done.
I have. He's been SNY for seven but in prison 16. Because this change started quite some time ago, we've had the opportunity to discuss his plan if his yard is flipped or he is transferred. When I met my husband he was on one of the handful of Level 4 gladiator yards. I'm not new and I've had my nights of worry and tears. I touch the scar on the back of his head every visit and thank God it's "just" a scar. Please understand that is exactly why I'm asking people to report what they've been told to PLO and limit what they post here.

For those looking for that information, click here and you can read the flyer from PLO and learn where to send your reports.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-27-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 09:50 PM

Default inmates at corcoran prison

inmates were informed yesterday that the transfers to that prison were being stopped indefinitely until further notice. they were told that this was because of fights, riots, and serious injuries happening because of this stupid idea .

this is still no help to those that were transferred out and are in the shu "for their own protection" because this is the cdcr's idea of "rehabilitation" and taking all necessary safety precautions. lets overcrowd a prison that is almost 200% over capacity and hope no one gets hurt or notices.

i think trump being voted in started the stupid era for this nation. just my opinion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WIFEYRUIZ For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-27-2018), Mamataylorrae (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Agree, my husband called me as well. Transferred from MCSP to New Folsom. 3 people stabbed that he seen. After they were seen by EMT the EMT documentations was taken away by CO's. My mother in law heard from the CDCR headquarters and they report the transition is going well without incident. The 30 were told programming will start Tuesday...expect more violence.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:51 PM

Default Complaint filed

[quote=Luv0fHisLife;7722437][color=Magenta][b]Hi ladies,

I googled some information on trying to file a complaint. I hope this can help us too.

I just used the link, hopefully it'll help. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmc1965 View Post
Agree, my husband called me as well. Transferred from MCSP to New Folsom. 3 people stabbed that he seen. After they were seen by EMT the EMT documentations was taken away by CO's. My mother in law heard from the CDCR headquarters and they report the transition is going well without incident. The 30 were told programming will start Tuesday...expect more violence.
So now that’s 5 of the 30 that have found this site to post of the violence inflicted upon transfers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yyyyzzzz For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-27-2018), Mamataylorrae (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmc1965 View Post
!!!!!!Yes they are sending them righ back out to the same yard!!!!!!!
Our boys from mule creek are sticking together and not leaving anyone behind from what my husband has told me. They're being housed with the old school guys in there that are "over the politics" but tuesday will be something else.
Prayers you guys. I just want my man home safe with me
The Following User Says Thank You to Mamataylorrae For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Please follow this link, read the PLO flyer and report your experience with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-28-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 11:37 PM

This article was in The SacBee today.

California prisons phase out 'sensitive needs' yards. Critics see a rough transition.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...211942034.html
The Following User Says Thank You to jilkenma For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilkenma View Post
This article was in The SacBee today.

"Prisoners in the special needs yards will undergo a committee review before being referred to a non-designated program facility, [CDC spokeswoman Waters] said."

Really? How about the GP inmates? What does this committee decide? Or are they just making the annual committee that everyone has sound like it now encompasses a "review" of their potential to move to a 50/50. Ugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 02:11 AM
HisWifey4life

Quote:
Im losing it! My husband is one of the 30 from mule creek
my brother is 1 of the ones from Mule Creek and I have also called different places, news and attorneys and am told their hands are tied basically.. this is wrong and something needs to be done somehow, someway
crystalvisions (05-28-2018)