Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:04 PM

Something needs to be done asap lastnight they sent my boyfriend n 29 others to yard there was 100actives on yard the guys did a sit dwn told the co they didnt want to program that the actives had wepons knifes the co didnt care told them to get out there n get it done.they were sent out n cuffs n got jumped knifes flying everywere .they fought for there lifes thank God none of them Got stuck now there saying there gana send a few out at a time wtf is wrong with them there sending them out to fet slaughtered im gana lose it something needs to b done befor they come hme n a body bag
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 01:13 PM

I can't believe these C.O's are so heartless, ohhhh yes I CAN. These C.O's want an all out blood bath!!!!!

I've emailed my local news station and gotten no response.

I don't know who else to call or email.

Ladies, all I can suggest is to PRAY & PRAY hard. I have my church praying as well. There is strength in numbers and POWER IN PRAYER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORGURL4LIFE View Post
Something needs to be done asap lastnight they sent my boyfriend n 29 others to yard there was 100actives on yard the guys did a sit dwn told the co they didnt want to program that the actives had wepons knifes the co didnt care told them to get out there n get it done.they were sent out n cuffs n got jumped knifes flying everywere .they fought for there lifes thank God none of them Got stuck now there saying there gana send a few out at a time wtf is wrong with them there sending them out to fet slaughtered im gana lose it something needs to b done befor they come hme n a body bag

Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,011 Times in 6,843 Posts

Just want to take a moment to remind everyone that not all folks have contact with loved ones through these changes. Information sharing is awesome and I'm glad that more people are commenting, but reports of fights, large scale violence...please please be careful sharing this. If it were my loved one and I hadn't heard from them yet this would set my nerves on end. Let's care for each other as we'd want to be cared for. If you have solid information, that's cool. We want to hear it. We want to know how to help those trying to improve the situation. But let's try to keep things factual so we can do that as effectively as possible.

Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Luv0fHisLife (05-24-2018), Sarianna (05-25-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:24 PM

Hi ladies,

I googled some information on trying to file a complaint. I hope this can help us too.

https://www.oig.ca.gov/pages/about-u...laint-form.php

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luv0fHisLife For This Useful Post:
imlmc1965 (05-27-2018), miamac (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

April memo from Sec. Kernan:
[...]
In this era of significant criminal justice reform, a window to address the SNY problem has emerged and the Department is taking it. We opened two of our new in-fill facilities as integrated (programming) yards. It doesn’t matter if an inmate is SNY or general population: if he or she is going to be housed at one of these facilities with enhanced programming and privileges, there could be no prison politics. California Correctional Health Care Services was next to take on the issue with the thought that if you are housed at a prison health care facility, you need to be a programming inmate. We are integrating our enhanced out-patient populations with the underlying thought that if you’re severely mentally ill, your focus should be on treatment not prison games. Further steps are planned at our fire camps and minimum-support facilities with the thought that if you are getting two days off your sentence, plus Proposition 57 opportunities, for every day served, you need to co-exist peacefully, just as you will have to in the community.

When contacting media or assistance, be sure you know the stance CDC is taking. They are heralding this as a tough-on-politics move. It's their way of weeding out those unwilling to drop active status on GP or SNY. Whether we agree or not, it is important to address this when speaking against integration because this is THEIR goal.

Last edited by miamac; 05-24-2018 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: format
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Luv0fHisLife (05-24-2018), Sarianna (05-25-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 02:45 PM

They currently have segregated the 30 from MC from new Folsom GP. 6 of the MC were stabbed. None seriously though multiple times. This segregation is momentary. Possibly being forced into yard tomorrow. They were forced into yard repeatedly while sitting out and refusing due to safety concerns amid threats. CO saw knifes and said go out and “get it done” while witnessing knifes drawn.
Inmates have voiced danger to their safety, a violation of their rights.
The fighting will only worsen.
Call local news organizations. Any video will help.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:59 PM

It could appear that CDCR may be concerned that the reduced population from Prop 57’s early release could effect employees. Forcing housing into most likely violent outcomes thus elongating sentences would offset the inmate population reduction.

Somehow we need to make our loved ones know, that by inflicting violence against newcomers, is only playing into CDCR’s hands.

Stop the violence against fellow inmates. Stay focused on getting out. Don’t “get it done” for the CO!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyyyzzzz View Post
They currently have segregated the 30 from MC from new Folsom GP. 6 of the MC were stabbed. None seriously though multiple times. This segregation is momentary. Possibly being forced into yard tomorrow. They were forced into yard repeatedly while sitting out and refusing due to safety concerns amid threats. CO saw knifes and said go out and “get it done” while witnessing knifes drawn.
Inmates have voiced danger to their safety, a violation of their rights.
The fighting will only worsen.
Call local news organizations. Any video will help.
Does this mean that calls are coming out from this yard?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:33 PM

Angry Intergration

Concern for inmates who do we call or write to in this matter do inmates in poor health get put into. GP
Old 05-24-2018, 07:35 PM

Who is the local paper near Mule Creek
Old 05-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
It could appear that CDCR may be concerned that the reduced population from Prop 57’s early release could effect employees. Forcing housing into most likely violent outcomes thus elongating sentences would offset the inmate population reduction.
The mandate is from the federal judges. They are required to stay under 137% capacity. Anything under that is up to them. So they'll still have job security. Board of Parole has more influence over population than CDC at this point and they've scaled back their approvals tremendously in the last six months. I don't expect that number to increase in the next few years.

If we believe Kernan's statement that SNY has failed and this is a "real world" scenario, I fear he's missed the original purpose of SNY and sees only a large population with an even larger problem. Making SNY go away will do nothing to discourage gang activity. It will, in some cases, put inmates at risk of real harm and potentially cost some focused and positive programming inmates opportunities to thrive.

For those contacting media or filing complaints, I would ask that you use fact and evidence based statements as much as you can. Ask someone to proof your letters for accuracy. Use their own words by quoting CDC memos and policy to justify your concerns.
crystalvisions (05-24-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

This is an announcement from Prison Law Office. They are a highly recognized powerhouse in drawing attention and influencing change within CDCR. They are asking for people to use the information on the flyer to report experiences related to the Integrated Yards. Remember...use facts, dates, numbers. Keep emotion to a minimum; they're fully aware that this is a tense situation.

Thank you, Nica, for the heads up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (128.7 KB, 53 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Nica (05-24-2018), Sarianna (05-25-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 09:44 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizgirl123 View Post
Apparently there is a rumor flying around that CDCR is doing away with SNY yards and that there will be only programming and non programming yards, has anyone heard this rumor? My husband told me this today, that another inmate said his counselor mentioned it to him. It doesn't sound very concrete to me. I can't see CDCR actually doing this but then again you never know.

OH but they are. My husband was just transfered back to an active yard and 9 of them were stabbed, he was sliced.

Someone help!?!?!?
Old 05-24-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Does this mean that calls are coming out from this yard?
My husband called me today and told me everything you just,said. He was right next to the 4 who were stabbed and ge was sliced. This is real. Please help. I have written several news stations and attorneys but am being told they can do nothing
Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORGURL4LIFE View Post
Im losing it! My husband is one of the 30 from mule creek
Old 05-24-2018, 09:57 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamataylorrae View Post
My husband called me today and told me everything you just,said. He was right next to the 4 who were stabbed and ge was sliced. This is real. Please help. I have written several news stations and attorneys but am being told they can do nothing

You can use the information found on the flyer in this post to provide PLO with information that will assist them in looking into issues related to integration.

Typically when there's a violent event the yard will be locked down, an extensive weapons search, and a "cooling off" period. This is why I asked if calls were coming out. That's an unusual privilege after an event of this weight. Thanks for posting.
gvalliant (05-25-2018), sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssteph22 View Post
Its both, GP stepping into SNY yard, GP came in swinging starting the riots at mule creek and SNY stepping into GP, when they got off the bus they were attacked and stabbed.

I also have a video that was sent anonymously from inside of the guys refusing to leave, no one wants to get stabbed going into a GP yard
My husband is there can i please see the video. He was sliced
Old 05-24-2018, 11:01 PM

I sent it and also another wife and I have posted it on twitter.[/quote]

Can i please see it i need to see it
Old 05-25-2018, 10:03 AM
his one and only wife

Hi Mia...this isn't the case at all facilities. At Centinela GP Level 4 yard we rarely locked down unless the attack was on a staff. There were stabbings on my husbands yard at least 2-3 times a month. Also now more and more because of cell phones (especially in lower level facilities) we see people getting info during lockdowns.
Quote:
You can use the information found on the flyer in this post to provide PLO with information that will assist them in looking into issues related to integration.

Typically when there's a violent event the yard will be locked down, an extensive weapons search, and a "cooling off" period. This is why I asked if calls were coming out. That's an unusual privilege after an event of this weight. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:20 AM
his one and only wife

Mia, you are so right but this is what my husband told me exactly. That the CO's are always saying that the politics on SNY are getting worse than on the mainline just in a different form. For years we have been hearing about the problems on SNY getting worse, gangs like the 25ers and Northern Riders being formed so many problems that it seems now CDCR isn't taking these guys seriously anymore, because they are labeled drop outs yet now they have created new gangs, new politics in yards that they were sent to so they could "get away" from this stuff. This is so sad to me for the inmates who actually do want to program and just do there time. The violence isn't going to stop because the GP's who are "active" all know they cannot program with SNY. They cannot stay on the yard with them and this is just bad on all sides. SNY inmates in danger, and GP inmates catching more time because of a situation CDCR put them in. I do agree that in the real world they will have to live together, but right now they are in prison and I don't think that this is the place to start getting them acclimated there are too many things beyond their control. There are so many articles about the SNY population growing and growing, and a lot of the guys (not all) have gone SNY over drugs, not because they didn't want to be active but because their habits got out of control and they couldn't pay, these guys go to SNY with a chip on their shoulders thinking they are better than other SNY and sadly they bring their own type of politics with them. The CO's don't care what happens to be honest. They allow the politics to go on in mainlines so that the guys will peacefully program and make their lives easier. They turn their heads and allow the inmates on GP to discipline each other. They have a certain respect for the politics on GP whether its spoken or unspoken, and they know these guys have to get off these yards so they are gonna let them do what they have to do. Sad but true.
Quote:
The mandate is from the federal judges. They are required to stay under 137% capacity. Anything under that is up to them. So they'll still have job security. Board of Parole has more influence over population than CDC at this point and they've scaled back their approvals tremendously in the last six months. I don't expect that number to increase in the next few years.

If we believe Kernan's statement that SNY has failed and this is a "real world" scenario, I fear he's missed the original purpose of SNY and sees only a large population with an even larger problem. Making SNY go away will do nothing to discourage gang activity. It will, in some cases, put inmates at risk of real harm and potentially cost some focused and positive programming inmates opportunities to thrive.

For those contacting media or filing complaints, I would ask that you use fact and evidence based statements as much as you can. Ask someone to proof your letters for accuracy. Use their own words by quoting CDC memos and policy to justify your concerns.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 AM

Can someone please clarify this for me, is this on the level 1 at Mule Creek?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:25 PM

A FAQ released by the CDCr regarding non designated yards.

https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Adult_Operat...-NDPF-FAQs.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly143 View Post
Hi Mia...this isn't the case at all facilities. At Centinela GP Level 4 yard we rarely locked down unless the attack was on a staff. There were stabbings on my husbands yard at least 2-3 times a month. Also now more and more because of cell phones (especially in lower level facilities) we see people getting info during lockdowns.

Yes, when it's one on one that's not uncommon. But when the issue is between two groups, it's rare to not go on lock down. But, this is CDC. They allow a lot of subjectivity in the application of their protocol. I didn't want to bluntly ask if these reports are coming from cell phones but I assumed they were. We need to be very careful about what is posted here. I hesitate to say more, but please bare in mind this is a public site and the info is accessible by everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, when it's one on one that's not uncommon. But when the issue is between two groups, it's rare to not go on lock down. But, this is CDC. They allow a lot of subjectivity in the application of their protocol. I didn't want to bluntly ask if these reports are coming from cell phones but I assumed they were. We need to be very careful about what is posted here. I hesitate to say more, but please bare in mind this is a public site and the info is accessible by everyone.
They were not on lockdown. Call from Global Telink as normal. The CO’s were expecting this as they had unusually high number of guards all with zip ties.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
They were not on lockdown. Call from Global Telink as normal. The CO’s were expecting this as they had unusually high number of guards all with zip ties.
If it was expected, why was it done at all?