Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Default Lancaster to north kern

My kidís dad called freaking out. Heís in msf at Lancaster (gp) and was told that him and around 30 gymuys fron his yard are being moved to a sny yard at north kern for intergration. Heís convinced they are going to get stabbed and that they basically have to start a fight so best case they can go to the shu. Honestly I really donít get why everyone canít get along since they all want to get out?

Iím so sick of the prison politics I hear. Shouldnít the main focus be getting all these people to work together and live together peacefully? If that what this intergration is trying to do? I hate that I have to worry about his dumbass and I hate that heís convinced that come Monday, shits going to go down.

Grr.
The Following User Says Thank You to didntcthiscomin For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (06-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Ok my husband is in svsp and was just told he is being shipped out to Kern valley and he is up for early release July 7, are you kidding me? This is totally going to mess up his chance for early release cause I don't believe b.p.t. Is gonna take this into consideration with him being the first wave going in. He has been in and out his entire life and decide at 54 yrs old that it was time to make a change and quit playing prison politics so he dropped out, so now he is gonna have to fight his way out again? I am so scared for him, he is a tough guy and can handle his own but not with those odds. Is there anything we can Do? I have been calling everyone and surprise surprise no one has been calling me back, the ombudsmen for my prison, the counselor, the only one who has been talking to me is a LT. at s.v.s.p. I will sue c.d.c.r. if anything happens to him, they are putting a gun to there head and saying do this. Please help with any advice
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Default Lancaster to north kern

Quote:
Originally Posted by didntcthiscomin View Post
My kid’s dad called freaking out. He’s in msf at Lancaster (gp) and was told that him and around 30 gymuys fron his yard are being moved to a sny yard at north kern for intergration.
Is your kids dad a level 1? Going to north kern

Last edited by miamac; 06-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: added quote for clarity
Old 06-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 17,709 Times in 6,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyez68 View Post
Ok my husband is in svsp and was just told he is being shipped out to Kern valley and he is up for early release July 7, are you kidding me?
What level is your husband? KVSP has two, non-integrated SNY, Level 4 yards and a minimum yard.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyez68 View Post
Is your kids dad a level 1? Going to north kern
You didn't mention which yard at SVSP? Miamac and sidewalker are asking for the specifics for better focus on this discussion. You should also include the level of the yard. SVSP has three level 4 yards, one level 3 SNY and one level 1 GP. Which one?

Assuming he is on level 1 GP, they are within stated policy sending him to SNY yard. People have posted about being moving to a Kern or North Kern SNY yard? We need to know what yard there. Is this a 1, 2, 3, or 4 SNY yard. If it is a level 1 or 2 this is consistent with CDCR new policy on integration.

CDCR explicitly stated "All firehouses, Minimum-Support Facilities (level 1 yards), and Camps will transition by October 2018". Between now and October CDCR will be actively moving many GP and SNY inmates at these levels.

If your husband is on the level 1 yard at SVSP I do not think there is anything you or he can do about it. If he refuses they will discipline and that could threaten the July early release possibility you mentioned.

We need to know prison, yard, and level being shipped from and shipped to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-02-2018), Sarianna (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 17,709 Times in 6,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by didntcthiscomin View Post
My kidís dad called freaking out. Heís in msf at Lancaster (gp) and was told that him and around 30 gymuys fron his yard are being moved to a sny yard at north kern for intergration.
I just realized you probably mean Min Security Facility. It's not an acronym we see often.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (06-02-2018), Sarianna (06-02-2018), sidewalker (06-03-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 10:12 PM

He’s in a minimum security or support facility at la county - Lancaster. I believe that is level one? I have no clue. I know why I went theyto visit I got a special color card and they told me to say minimum. I just know he said they are moving 30 from that yard (they are gp) to a north Kern pc yard with 100 plus inmates already established. I know nothing about this prison crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
You didn't mention which yard at SVSP? Miamac and sidewalker are asking for the specifics for better focus on this discussion. You should also include the level of the yard. SVSP has three level 4 yards, one level 3 SNY and one level 1 GP. Which one?

Assuming he is on level 1 GP, they are within stated policy sending him to SNY yard. People have posted about being moving to a Kern or North Kern SNY yard? We need to know what yard there. Is this a 1, 2, 3, or 4 SNY yard. If it is a level 1 or 2 this is consistent with CDCR new policy on integration.

CDCR explicitly stated "All firehouses, Minimum-Support Facilities (level 1 yards), and Camps will transition by October 2018". Between now and October CDCR will be actively moving many GP and SNY inmates at these levels.

If your husband is on the level 1 yard at SVSP I do not think there is anything you or he can do about it. If he refuses they will discipline and that could threaten the July early release possibility you mentioned.

Last edited by didntcthiscomin; 06-02-2018 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Mistryp
Old 06-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I just realized you probably mean Min Security Facility. It's not an acronym we see often.
Ya I donít know what it stands for. Thatís what the lady told me to address on the envelopes when my kid wanta to send her Dad something.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrte78 View Post
GP stepping into SNY
Where my husbansd is at, PVSP, M yard (level 1) its SNY stepping into GP

Last edited by lisafields7597; 06-02-2018 at 11:58 PM..
Old 06-02-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
You can write to PLO. You'll find their information in this post. You can also write your IFC for PVSP and voice your concerns. You can find that contact info here.

From what I can read from your post, they followed Title 15 regs for disciplinary action for refusal to work. That will be hard to fight, but I would encourage your loved one(s) to file 602s if they believe they are being unfairly punished.
He already planned on it and I told him he'd better...BUT...
Just found out yesterday that my husbands boss didnt even call for work that day and said he will testify to that so looks like good news. Cant refuse to go to work if there is no work that day. Just hope all works out good and the hearing is soon so husband can come home on time

Last edited by lisafields7597; 06-03-2018 at 12:01 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to lisafields7597 For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:

My husband is in svsp level 1 yard going to north kern level 1 yard this week where there is already 100 established inmates. Sorry I am not sure how to reply these
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueeyez68 For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:10 AM

Well everyone is telling me to calm down out here but they don't know this system and c.d.c.r. I don't trust them especially after what they did to me 21 yrs ago. So ya I am scared for him all I can do is pray for him. I talked to him 5 times last night and he is waiting to be heard on his emergency 602 he quoted title 15 3379-11 "A" review for safety concerns, but I doubt it will help but like he says he would rather stay there when they bring in people. My husband is the 602 king and very good at it he helps other inmates write their's also. Lol every prison he goes to they ask him to not write so many 602's cause he usually wins. Anyways I do have prayer chains going for all of our loved ones facing this terrible time, and for all of the family's out there. God bless all of you for your support
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blueeyez68 For This Useful Post:
imlmc1965 (06-04-2018), lisafields7597 (06-04-2018), miamac (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 12:19 PM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 419 Posts

Title 15, section 3379 is a few pages of regulations covering transfers. For Blueeyez68 and lisafields7597 there is language in that section stating CDCR is not supposed to transfer inmates who are within 60 days of release. You might suggest to your husbands to review those rules. Perhaps that applies to their cases.

To date, CDCR has integrated a few places - like CHCF which contains multiple level inmates, not just level 1. A high proportion of CHCF inmates, being a medical facility, are 50 to 75 years old with walkers and in wheelchairs. Yes, they have had success integrating, but are those inmates representative? And they did the integration slower. Inmates had more say or at least faced less threats of discipline if they didn't want to integrate. Those who wouldn't integrate were moved to other facilities over several months. As they left, others who would integrate were brought in to replace them.

I do not know about Donovan, it integrated before CHCF. I do not believe it has a medical focus and similar inmate profile to CHCF. Maybe it is more representative of other CDCR facilities and inmate profiles but I believe it also was integrated slow and carefully.

CDCR is moving much faster now. More mandate with more discipline to those who won't integrate. And they are doing it in yards that have a different class of inmates than a medical facility. Yes, CDCR demonstrated integration can be done successfully. They are not doing it the same way. I am not worried it can be done. I am bothered with how they are doing it now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (06-03-2018), miamac (06-03-2018), Sarianna (06-04-2018), sidewalker (06-04-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 09:46 PM

So la county is postponing sending inmates to be intergrated to north kern for at least 1.5 to 2 months due to the stabbings at other prisons is what my kid’s dad said today. They were supposed to be moved tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Title 15, section 3379 is a few pages of regulations covering transfers. For Blueeyez68 and lisafields7597 there is language in that section stating CDCR is not supposed to transfer inmates who are within 60 days of release. You might suggest to your husbands to review those rules. Perhaps that applies to their cases.

To date, CDCR has integrated a few places - like CHCF which contains multiple level inmates, not just level 1. A high proportion of CHCF inmates, being a medical facility, are 50 to 75 years old with walkers and in wheelchairs. Yes, they have had success integrating, but are those inmates representative? And they did the integration slower. Inmates had more say or at least faced less threats of discipline if they didn't want to integrate. Those who wouldn't integrate were moved to other facilities over several months. As they left, others who would integrate were brought in to replace them.

I do not know about Donovan, it integrated before CHCF. I do not believe it has a medical focus and similar inmate profile to CHCF. Maybe it is more representative of other CDCR facilities and inmate profiles but I believe it also was integrated slow and carefully.

CDCR is moving much faster now. More mandate with more discipline to those who won't integrate. And they are doing it in yards that have a different class of inmates than a medical facility. Yes, CDCR demonstrated integration can be done successfully. They are not doing it the same way. I am not worried it can be done. I am bothered with how they are doing it now.
Husband wasnt getting transfered, hes supposed to get released on the 22nd but got a 115 discipline write up for a "work-stoppage" but turns out the CO wasnt calling for work that day anyways but he still has to have the hearing for it.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:21 AM
No Matter what

So I got word again today about Mulecreek minimum level 1, the next batch of guys to go out is supposed to be done by June 25th, The Next move is to San Quintin and Pelican bay. It’s a problem, the biggest problem is SNY integrating in to GP, GP is mainly actives who are ready to fight and impose their racial politics. SNY guys are only a hand full to 100 plus actives with weapons. The SNY yard At Mulecreek is mainly composed of Drop outs, the last thing they want is to fight.

Last edited by sanchezsela80; 06-05-2018 at 01:27 AM..
Old 06-05-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
So I got word again today about Mulecreek minimum level 1, the next batch of guys to go out is supposed to be done by June 25th, The Next move is to San Quintin and Pelican bay. Itís a problem, the biggest problem is SNY integrating in to GP, GP is mainly actives who are ready to fight and impose their racial politics. SNY guys are only a hand full to 100 plus actives with weapons. The SNY yard At Mulecreek is mainly composed of Drop outs, the last thing they want is to fight.
I can NOT believe the CDCR is getting away with this shit. As "sensitive" as this country has unfortunately become- with all the new laws protecting people's FEELINGS and shit,-you would think that they WOULDNT just turn a blind eye to a situatuon where people are being literally tossed to the wolves! I know that shit behind closed doors in prison has always had its dark side- im sure ANYONE that's done time or been close to someone thats been in prison knows that also, all too well...but this bullshit with the 50/50 yards and the way they are actually going about it is crazy! Saying that it's "crossing the line" is beyond an understatement and i REALLY dont understand how theyre getting away with it. This is some 3rd world country kinda shit. I thought there were human RIGHTS laws or whatever you'd call them that were put in place to protect inmates from this kind of shit- Aren't there?? Like the ones they made about keeping someone in solitary for indefinite amounts of time? Its "inhumane" is what i wanna say they said was the reasoning behind it.....? So if leaving a person alone in a small cell for too long is inhumane- but THIS shit isnt?? I just dont get it and im hella pissed off about it. If my old man catches another case hes NEVER coming home. He got a 10 year sentence originally and its been 18 years since then...he deserves a chance to come home at least ONCE. Like there isnt ALREADY a million ways to get caught up in prison and catch more time- without even trying- as it is. This country's definition of "rehabilitation" in prisons is a fucking joke.
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
imlmc1965 (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 08:07 AM

I talked to Tami falconer the ombudsmen for S.v.s.p yesterday and told her how scared I was for my husband with what cdcr was doing. He is in svsp level1 sny yard and being shipped out to north kern and his paperwork is going to the b.p.t. on July 7th for early release and this isn't gonna help his chances for an early release it's like cdcr is trying to stop proposition 57 so the c.o.'s don't lose their jobs w.t.h.? She said that they are doing this cause now there are to many gangs forming in the sny yards and it hurts the guys that just want to program and get the he'll out of there. Well ok but this isn't the way to do it I said. She pulled up his file and said as long as he doesn't start anything he still has a good chance of getting an early release. I laughed and asked her if she has looked at the numbers recently of guys being released under prop. 57, I think she was just trying to calm me down because we can't do anything our hands are tied. I told her anything happens to my husband I will bring a lawsuit against cdcr and I will find everyone who was injured and do a class action lawsuit. I don't care if I win I just want this country to pay attention to what is actually going on in California right now. I am just so angry and I live far away in Washington and feel so helpless right now.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:10 AM

Default playing chess is all the cdcr is doing

Iím so sick of the prison politics I hear. Shouldnít the main focus be getting all these people to work together and live together peacefully? If that what this intergration is trying to do? I hate that I have to worry about his dumbass and I hate that heís convinced that come Monday, shits going to go down.

i was in those shoes about two weeks ago. for my husband shit did go down. he is now in the shu, no property, has had no committee meeting yet either. they put him and 3 others in a dorm with over 100 sny guys. i dont care what side of the fence your man walks, it sucks all the way around. these guys are not going to play nice in the sandbox first time around. obviously the cdcr doesnt care about the consequences for its ass backwards thinking. i hope all goes well for you and yours. i know on corcorans yard only 4 sny and 4 gp go out at a time. like a damn lottery for yard. this chess game that our loved ones are being used for is pointless, expensive, time consuming, and should be time the state is using to help rehabilitate these guys and give them skills for when they come home.

Grr.[/quote]
Old 06-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Default a CO suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
I can NOT believe the CDCR is getting away with this shit. As "sensitive" as this country has unfortunately become- with all the new laws protecting people's FEELINGS and shit,-you would think that they WOULDNT just turn a blind eye to a situatuon where people are being literally tossed to the wolves! I know that shit behind closed doors in prison has always had its dark side- im sure ANYONE that's done time or been close to someone thats been in prison knows that also, all too well...but this bullshit with the 50/50 yards and the way they are actually going about it is crazy! Saying that it's "crossing the line" is beyond an understatement and i REALLY dont understand how theyre getting away with it. This is some 3rd world country kinda shit. I thought there were human RIGHTS laws or whatever you'd call them that were put in place to protect inmates from this kind of shit- Aren't there?? Like the ones they made about keeping someone in solitary for indefinite amounts of time? Its "inhumane" is what i wanna say they said was the reasoning behind it.....? So if leaving a person alone in a small cell for too long is inhumane- but THIS shit isnt?? I just dont get it and im hella pissed off about it. If my old man catches another case hes NEVER coming home. He got a 10 year sentence originally and its been 18 years since then...he deserves a chance to come home at least ONCE. Like there isnt ALREADY a million ways to get caught up in prison and catch more time- without even trying- as it is. This country's definition of "rehabilitation" in prisons is a fucking joke.
a CO i know suggested that the families ban together and file a suit. in 2008 there was a lawsuit filed by the ACLU. everything was almost identical. the one thing that stood out was that the transfer was an out of state transfer. the treatment, hardship, ect was not honored. at hat time no real outline for transfers was in place it was pointed out. well now there are policies and the cdcr is breaking their own rules. no consequences? i have emailed and sent letters to congress, and every other political dept,. i also wrote letters to the news, papers, along with opinion pieces, radio stations, and every organization that i can find from d.c. to this side. including the justice dept because they are federal. the inmates and families where i am close to are trying to start a class action lawsuit and i am hoping sooner than later it becomes a reality. if there is any luck i will let you know and then it becomes the more the merrier! instead of each of us fighting one prison we need to all fight the cdcr. there is truth to the saying strength in numbers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WIFEYRUIZ For This Useful Post:
imlmc1965 (06-06-2018), jesus07v (06-06-2018), mariamrod21 (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 AM

Just let me know what to do. Money is always nice to have but i just want my husband to walk out of those gates- in one piece. And im down for anything and everything i can do to make that a reality for him. He deserves that more than anyone deserves ANYTHING. And I really appreciate it- i hope we can make a difference!
Old 06-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Two Hearts One Soul

WifeyRuiz, I agree, we all need to stand together and fight for our loved one. My son was put up for transfer from Sierra Conservation Center to San Quentin. I called the counselor, Ombudsman, emailed OIG, Congressman and the Prison Law Office. CDCR has practiced stating the same line. Let me know what I need to do to help.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:58 AM
his one and only wife

WifeyRuiz, can you please link or post the regs regarding transfers that you say are being violated? I can't find anything
Old 06-06-2018, 02:22 PM

Default its real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
This maybe a trial thing just at this institution also. They will really have to screen both groups before mixing GP/SNY Time will tell .
they are doing it and many are being hurt and something must be done now..many have been hurt already...
Old 06-06-2018, 02:24 PM

i need to know who to take this too..it is out of control.please lets stop this together..