Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:17 AM

Hi, yes my husband is SNY.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
No, D yard was SNY and THU mix, but they've removed THU and it sounds like they're filling it back up now. Your husband is SNY, correct?

The Following User Says Thank You to Luv0fHisLife For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-30-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2018, 10:18 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,011 Times in 6,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamataylorrae View Post
can you at least tell us what to look the video up under because my brother has talked about the video and its been mentioned of wives having a copy and if u cant send us a link please tell us how to find it ive looked up every way thought possible and cant find anything
The quotes appear from other posts when you hit "reply" or the "multiquote" button on the bottom right that looks like a little chat bubble. Our site owner also switched our platform last night and it looks like it may have created some glitches because I've edited this post because of wonky quotes. I'll report it to him.
The person who said they have a video hasn't posted since then but they're likely still reading the thread. If they haven't contacted you, you're welcome to PM them.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fHisLife View Post
Hi, yes my husband is SNY.

Thank you
D yard is Level 4 SNY and according to CDC they are NOT slated to be integrated at this time (save for medical, EOP, PIP). Unless they change that plan, it should remain a SNY.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Luv0fHisLife (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 10:23 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyyyzzzz View Post
I had been getting calls almost everyday. They had been on lockdown even though they could call. Today is when they were off lockdown and normal activities to start and to return to same yard.

Since no calls, my guess they are on lock down again. There was no visitation last weekend.
I though they weren't put on lock down last week?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:24 AM

Finally some good news! I hope they keep it that way.

Thank you again --

Quote:
D yard is Level 4 SNY and according to CDC they are NOT slated to be integrated at this time (save for medical, EOP, PIP). Unless they change that plan, it should remain a SNY.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luv0fHisLife For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I though they weren't put on lock down last week?
I was going off what you said because the calls were coming through the normal Global Telink. However my son said they were not allowed out. And they were off lockdown yesterday. Also said no visits last week due to lockdown.

Might have been allowed out for calls because of family calling concerned.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:51 PM

IFC posted a link where we can email our concerns. I am so concerned for all these men. Not the smartest idea in my opinion. We got word from a wife whose husband was transfered to Mulecreek stating the altercation was far worse than they made it seem. At this point, I really dont know what I can do to keep my husband safe. After 20 years in and on the home stretch (he only has 8 more months to go) it feels like it can be taken away. Is there a seperate thread going with the prisons that have already intergrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGCooper For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 03:08 PM

I'm praying for all you and your loved ones as well as mine. This is terrible. There is a list but it doesn't look like its been edited since 2017 and it won't let me post a link until I've posted 25 times? But mir above posted it so I'm sure she can post it for you. Thank you all for all of the information.
The Following User Says Thank You to crystalvisions For This Useful Post:
MGCooper (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
They were not on lockdown. Call from Global Telink as normal.
Quote:
I was going off what you said because the calls were coming through the normal Global Telink. However my son said they were not allowed out. And they were off lockdown yesterday. Also said no visits last week due to lockdown.

Might have been allowed out for calls because of family calling concerned.
Ok. Well, I'm glad they are being kept safe and allowing them to call. That's helpful for reassurance on the outside.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:15 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGCooper View Post
IFC posted a link where we can email our concerns. [...] Is there a seperate thread going with the prisons that have already intergrated.
Do you have a link to the IFC email that is being used? Each prison has their own and then there is a statewide IFC. I suppose either would work.

There isn't a separate thread for facilities already integrated, that would be the facility forum. For example, if Folsom is integrating, you can (and I would encourage!) post in the Folsom forum. I'd like to keep this thread for general info and specific details in the facility forums in order to avoid confusion. Thank you for asking!
Old 05-30-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFEYRUIZ View Post
inmates were informed yesterday that the transfers to that prison were being stopped indefinitely until further notice. they were told that this was because of fights, riots, and serious injuries happening because of this stupid idea .

this is still no help to those that were transferred out and are in the shu "for their own protection" because this is the cdcr's idea of "rehabilitation" and taking all necessary safety precautions. lets overcrowd a prison that is almost 200% over capacity and hope no one gets hurt or notices.

i think trump being voted in started the stupid era for this nation. just my opinion
Thanks for the info. Was this info given just about one facility or an institutional wide decision?
Old 05-30-2018, 03:58 PM

So there is not just a simple description of locked down or not. Calling out or not does not represent status. There are all kinds of modified versions.
I heard they were not unlocked down yesterday. Still status quo. Other details but for now the more noise we family members can make can influence the next step. Calling ombudsman, requesting status from counselor, strongly stating the obvious obstacles of this policy decision, etc. All will help!
Old 05-30-2018, 04:05 PM

Thank you ladies. I read through all the pages and noticed someone di share the flyer. It was from the Prison Law Office.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGCooper For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-30-2018), sidewalker (05-31-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 PM

My husband is at PV, on M Yard which is a level one GP. The word is theyll go GP/SNY sometime in July. On the 21s of this month the inmates were told by the "uppers" to do a work stoppage, in protest of this...which accomplished nothing BTW. On the 22nd the Woods were told to go back to work. Every1 else got rolled out of the dorm and sent to a level 3 yard. The Woods are the only ones left in the dorm. Well every1 is being written up for this and cud face serious consequences. My husband is a Wood and even tho he only did the stopage 1 day, he cud be facing his good time being revoked and 60-90 days added on to his original sentence. If that happens, he'll be there when the SNYs get there and will be faced with with those problems too. This is BS. He is scheduled to be released June 22nd! Who do I call?

Last edited by lisafields7597; 05-30-2018 at 08:27 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisafields7597 View Post
My husband is at PV, on M Yard which is a level one GP. The word is theyll go GP/SNY sometime in July. On the 21s of this month the inmates were told by the "uppers" to do a work stoppage, in protest of this...which accomplished nothing BTW. On the 22nd the Woods were told to go back to work. Every1 else got rolled out of the dorm and sent to a level 3 yard. The Woods are the only ones left in the dorm. Well every1 is being written up for this and cud face serious consequences. My husband is a Wood and even tho he only did the stopage 1 day, he cud be facing his good time being revoked and 60-90 days added on to his original sentence. If that happens, he'll be there when the SNYs get there and will be faced with with those problems too. This is BS. He is scheduled to be released June 22nd! Who do I call?
You can write to PLO. You'll find their information in this post. You can also write your IFC for PVSP and voice your concerns. You can find that contact info here.

From what I can read from your post, they followed Title 15 regs for disciplinary action for refusal to work. That will be hard to fight, but I would encourage your loved one(s) to file 602s if they believe they are being unfairly punished.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:28 PM

Hello ladies, this is a response I got from Ombudsman Scott Jacobs; I asked if transfers were on hold.
No, it is not true that transfers are on hold for the Non Designated Program Facilities. Unfortunately, there are disturbances on all yards throughout the state on a daily basis.* The programming facilities are showing to be successful after some initial issues.

Thank you,

Scott Jacobs

Ombudsman, Office of the Ombudsman
crystalvisions (05-30-2018), miamac (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaree View Post
Hello ladies, this is a response I got from Ombudsman Scott Jacobs; I asked if transfers were on hold.

Well isn't he warm and fuzzy?
Here's my take on that:

It looks like Mr. Jacobs is ombudsman for the following facilities--
  • Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)
  • High Desert State Prison (HDSP)
  • California Correctional Center (CCC)
  • Ironwood State Prison (ISP)
  • Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP)
  • Sierra Conservation Center (SCC)
  • Shafter CCF (SMCCF)
As we know, there is CDCRs stance on something and then what is actually happening at the facilities. So transfers may not be on hold, but as we're reading, those already moved may not yet be out on the yard. That could also translate to "on hold". So we have to bear in mind that there's going to be some flex in what comes out of CDCR versus what's happening 'on the ground' so to speak.

Thanks for asking him and posting the response!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-30-2018), sidewalker (05-31-2018), tiaree (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 11:53 PM

Thanks for your feedback miamac.
miamac (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Do you have a link to the IFC email that is being used? Each prison has their own and then there is a statewide IFC. I suppose either would work.

There isn't a separate thread for facilities already integrated, that would be the facility forum. For example, if Folsom is integrating, you can (and I would encourage!) post in the Folsom forum. I'd like to keep this thread for general info and specific details in the facility forums in order to avoid confusion. Thank you for asking!
Per request, this is the new Folsom prison thread. It appears most current immediate concerns are from MCSP transferring the 30 to this prison. And the 30 transferred to Old Folsom.

Probably would be helpful to post in a smaller group about occurrences.

Unfortunately, site rules donít allow me to post a link until 25 posts. If those affected could post to the new Folsom, California prison, Sacramento thread, we can continue discussion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yyyyzzzz For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:45 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Unfortunately, site rules donít allow me to post a link until 25 posts. If those affected could post to the new Folsom, California prison, Sacramento thread, we can continue discussion.
Here ya go. This is the Cali forum link. You can find your facility specific thread from the list (scroll waaay down to find them).
We'll continue to post general info here including any information from CDC or PLO, ect. Thanks, all!
Old 05-31-2018, 01:22 PM

Can you please add a link, I am unable due to 25 post rule, to the Sacramento, New Folsom prison thread. Many posting are unfamiliar with the forum and since we have had such positive, affirmative and proactive response to news media, ombudsman and prison counselors, I want to continue our fullnout affront to this misguided integration.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Forgive me for piggybacking on this!

This newly 50/50 yard. Was it GP stepping into an SNY yard? or

SNY stepping into GP??

Truly a concern for ALL!!!

Thanks!
GP stepping into SNY
Old 05-31-2018, 08:37 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

The Mod Squad had a little chat about how best to handle the flow of information for this topic. It is complicated because of the random moves, the number of facilities involved and the lack of specific information available from CDC itself. So, in light of that, we've agreed that all posts regarding non-designated yards will go in this thread. However, in order for that to work and be easily read by new folks, please post the name of the facility you are referencing when you post information.

There are too many variables between facilities and without clarity in each post, a reader can get lost and feel even more confusion than we already do around this subject.

So again, make sure to include the name of the facility(s) you are referencing in each post.

Thank so much!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (05-31-2018), lisafields7597 (06-02-2018), patchouli (06-01-2018), Sarianna (06-02-2018), sidewalker (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 06:21 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,291 Times in 14,282 Posts

**So again, make sure to include the name of the facility(s) you are referencing in each post. ****

AND THE YARD AS WELL, PLEASE.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (06-01-2018), miamac (06-01-2018), patchouli (06-01-2018), Sarianna (06-02-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Does anyone know anything about California State Prison Lancaster? They are supposedly opening up a "new yard" there? Just wondering if anyone knew if its a new integrated yard or not?