Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 AM

My husband said the phones were broke and they needed to fix them really bad cuz the inmates phones where all jacked up , so they got fixed ! I don't know what's up with the woman's voice but I'm glad they are off lockdown and got the phones fixed !
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 AM
taking a break

I got a call from facility E today. It was a woman in the recording and she did come on about half way thru the call saying its being monitored. It also did come thru a new number (661) 822-0027. My friend did say that the lockdowns are happening or one reason is because they are training new COs and a lot if movement with them.

Last edited by Xiu Xiu; 03-09-2013 at 01:04 AM..
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM

Personally, I think the phone system is worse now. His calls are dropped almost every day. He can hear me but I can't hear him. I'm being charged for calls that are no good. It's awful!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Wow? I wonder how long the C yard will be on lockdown??? At least we still get to see them...Something to look forward to !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvnshy For This Useful Post:
HunnyteddyBear (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the info about C yard ... I was waiting to see if someone post about C yard cuz my phn hasn't rang frm there. I cant visit either i got denied ..so all i have is his calls.

Last edited by HunnyteddyBear; 03-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyteddyBear
Thanks for the info about C yard ... I was waiting to see if someone post about C yard cuz my phn hasn't rang frm there. I cant visit either i got denied ..so all i have is his calls.
Your Welcome and sorry to hear that..hopefully something will change for you
Old 03-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyteddyBear View Post
Same here! All I have are his calls & its been a week already Hopefully this week is the lucky one! I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one going through this. Thanks for all the info & updates ladies! It is much appreciated!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 PM

So, is CYard on LD ? Thanks so much ladies
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM

From reading the posts above, i'm guessing C yard is on lock down Boo boo. I was wondering why my man wasn't calling me.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna Denise View Post
From reading the posts above, i'm guessing C yard is on lock down Boo boo. I was wondering why my man wasn't calling me.
Well I see they aren't . It's just the crappy phone lines. I thought I was the only one who wasn't able to answer his calls for whatever reason. Thanks for the updates ladies.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM

I talked to my husband today which is on E yard and the phone kept messing up every now and then , I told my husband I thought they just fixed the phone lines if so why us the phone keep messing up , he told me he thinks that's when they are ease dropping , that's why it messes up ! I'm glad there off lockdown , I sent my husband a package on the 1st and he got it today , I was worried they would be on lockdown ! BTW Does anyone know if I have to make an appt to visit next weekend ??? I was told there is no appts needed then I was told there is ' ? Thanks ladies , have a blessed week
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 AM

I just wanted to let you ladies know that my phone conversations are constantly messed up and today, my call was routed through Dallas, Tx. It was a 972 area code. The same womans voice was on there. I didn't answer the first time. Then I listened to the message and couldn't believe that it was him! I'm not sure what's going on. Calls are still getting dropped from his end too. Then when he calls back, we have to cut the calls short so the C.O.'s don't get angry for cutting into someone else's time slot. I'm still grateful for the calls but this is frustrating.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Donation Award 

Does anyone know if the Polunsky Unit DR is on lockdown. I can't purchase anything on the care package site. It just keeps telling me the offender can only receive deposits at this time.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel2wish View Post
I talked to my husband today which is on E yard and the phone kept messing up every now and then , I told my husband I thought they just fixed the phone lines if so why us the phone keep messing up , he told me he thinks that's when they are ease dropping , that's why it messes up ! I'm glad there off lockdown , I sent my husband a package on the 1st and he got it today , I was worried they would be on lockdown ! BTW Does anyone know if I have to make an appt to visit next weekend ??? I was told there is no appts needed then I was told there is ' ? Thanks ladies , have a blessed week
I visit every weekend at Facility E and I never make an appointment and i'm usually their by 8 in by 830-845. if your still unsure call the prision and confirm with them.

~ One heart one love ~
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinlove0826 View Post
Does anyone know if the Polunsky Unit DR is on lockdown. I can't purchase anything on the care package site. It just keeps telling me the offender can only receive deposits at this time.
When I have issues with things that are confusing me about packages, I call the company and they can tell you what that means. Even when the units are on lockdown, you should still be able to send packages....they just hold them until it's over. Also, you can call the main number to ask if your unit is on LD. They always talk to me first thing in the morning. I know some poeple have had trouble getting through but I haven't.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocigarettes1 View Post
I just wanted to let you ladies know that my phone conversations are constantly messed up and today, my call was routed through Dallas, Tx. It was a 972 area code. The same womans voice was on there. I didn't answer the first time. Then I listened to the message and couldn't believe that it was him! I'm not sure what's going on. Calls are still getting dropped from his end too. Then when he calls back, we have to cut the calls short so the C.O.'s don't get angry for cutting into someone else's time slot. I'm still grateful for the calls but this is frustrating.
The woman's voice is the same voice that we have been dealing with for years and years - she is the recorded voice for Global Tel link before everything switched over to pre-paid.

I did a reverse phone lookup for the number that is new on caller id - now it says it is from Pacific Bell - when I do a reverse phone lookup - it points to a house located near CCI but not actually there. Crazy or what?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINDY11675 View Post
The woman's voice is the same voice that we have been dealing with for years and years - she is the recorded voice for Global Tel link before everything switched over to pre-paid.

I did a reverse phone lookup for the number that is new on caller id - now it says it is from Pacific Bell - when I do a reverse phone lookup - it points to a house located near CCI but not actually there. Crazy or what?
Yes, it is crazy. And I know to answer all my call from now on in case this changes again!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 PM

Question to everyone ..when the guys go on Lockdown, is the mail also refused to them? Until Lockdown is lifted..?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 PM

No call tonight! My husband is like clock work and I'm hoping this doesn't mean anotherrrrrr one!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Question to everyone ..when the guys go on Lockdown, is the mail also refused to them? Until Lockdown is lifted..?
No, they still get their mail but packages will not be passed out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvnshy For This Useful Post:
HunnyteddyBear (03-15-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
They say that they will not hold mail; however, I know at Facility E, they hold it for awhile. I write my man at least 2 letters very day and deliver them to the post office. He's went as long as 2 weeks without getting mail before and then they give him grief for getting like 20 letters at once.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barniemiller View Post
No call tonight! My husband is like clock work and I'm hoping this doesn't mean anotherrrrrr one!!!
Oh yes it is! I just called our beloved Tehachapi. The woman that answered was hateful as hell! She wouldn't tell me anything. I don't know about you ladies, but I'm getting kind of use to this! So is my man. How effective is it?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 AM

So, ladies...Facility E is on "modified program" again. Lockdown. I'm going to try calling back later to see if day shift will tell me anything. Night shift was rude. Usually the guy on days will let me know if he thinks it's going to be lengthly or a short one. I'll update later.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocigarettes1 View Post
So, ladies...Facility E is on "modified program" again. Lockdown. I'm going to try calling back later to see if day shift will tell me anything. Night shift was rude. Usually the guy on days will let me know if he thinks it's going to be lengthly or a short one. I'll update later.
Does the phone number you call differentiate on what yard they're in? I would also like to call & see what's the big deal on C Yard. This is getting old!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myseptemberlove View Post
Does the phone number you call differentiate on what yard they're in? I would also like to call & see what's the big deal on C Yard. This is getting old!
No, it doesn't. You can ask about any yard by calling the main number.
myseptemberlove (03-15-2013)