Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 AM

Hi ladies! I called today and spoke to A yard counselor. He said not to expect them to come for lockdown before the weekend. Looks like we got another 6 days of lockdown. Remember that they can’t keep them lockdown for more than 14 days at a time! We are half way there. Stay strong ! ( hopefully they let them up sooner )
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 03:23 AM

To come off of lockdown *^
The Following User Says Thank You to Dallasgardner24 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasgardner24 View Post
Hi ladies! I called today and spoke to A yard counselor. He said not to expect them to come for lockdown before the weekend. Looks like we got another 6 days of lockdown. Remember that they canít keep them lockdown for more than 14 days at a time! We are half way there. Stay strong ! ( hopefully they let them up sooner )

Good morning thank you so much for the update,must have been something serious if they got the whole 14 days.Crossing my fingers there up before the weekend visits.Have a wonderful day
The Following User Says Thank You to Myson89 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM

Youíre welcome! They were doing well for a while. They hadnít had a lockdown for a few months. From April to -July/August last year it was constant lockdown after lockdown. I hate CCI, I canít wait for my husbands 180 time to be over
Old 01-17-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Youíre welcome! They were doing well for a while. They hadnít had a lockdown for a few months. From April to -July/August last year it was constant lockdown after lockdown. I hate CCI, I canít wait for my husbands 180 time to be over

Oh yes I know A yard is so active I'm surprised that they went so long without being on lockown my son has been there for 1 1/2 years and its been nothing but lock down after lock down.Staying strong always and likewise I cant wait for him to be out of there
Old 01-18-2018, 01:07 AM

Has anyone heard anything at all from A yard???
Old 01-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Default Yard A

I received a letter yesterday from my son he said that he is not sure how long they will be on lock down but he did not think that there would be visiting this weekend.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 AM

Mail is taking a while too. Ugh. Thank you !
Old 01-18-2018, 09:32 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knew which yards were SNY here? My husband is about to be transferred here. I heard that this prison is all active and my husband is SNY because he's not bangin anymore. So I am slightly worried.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Mail is taking a while too. Ugh. Thank you !
Yes it is.From what I took from the letter it was something that happened in the evening on sunday after visiting.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Hi ladies! I called today and spoke to A yard counselor. He said not to expect them to come for lockdown before the weekend. Looks like we got another 6 days of lockdown. Remember that they canít keep them lockdown for more than 14 days at a time! We are half way there. Stay strong ! ( hopefully they let them up sooner )

Thanks for keeping us posted. Praying 🙏 and keeping positive that we will have visits this weekend. I also emailed the ombudsman to see if I can find out any more information. I also voiced my concerns with our visiting time. Cdcr website says visiting is over at CCI @ 2:45 pm, but yet they end it for us st 2:39 pm. God bless
The Following User Says Thank You to Mari808 For This Useful Post:
Myson89 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM

Default Lockdown

Just got the vpass email that there will be NO visiting again for Yard A CCI Stay strong ladies
Old 01-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnandchase View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knew which yards were SNY here? My husband is about to be transferred here. I heard that this prison is all active and my husband is SNY because he's not bangin anymore. So I am slightly worried.
Hi!! A yard is the SNY. Itís a level 4 180 ( max ). But A yard is still so active. Itís just like the mainline. They politic a lot on that yard. Itís ridiculous. But, the last few months have been really calm, until now. This is the first lock down since August/ September. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident and they keep doing well.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Hi!! A yard is the SNY. Itís a level 4 180 ( max ). But A yard is still so active. Itís just like the mainline. They politic a lot on that yard. Itís ridiculous. But, the last few months have been really calm, until now. This is the first lock down since August/ September. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident and they keep doing well.
Oh my goodness. That sucks. My husband is a level 3 though. And why would they send him there if it's still active? They are putting his life at risk. What do I do?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:49 PM

It’s still an SNY. BUT they still function like the mainline. So everyone on that yard is SNY, they just act like they aren’t. . There are no mainliners on that yard. Everyone there is on the same page regarding the whole SNY situation. Your husband will be okay! If he’s a level 3 then I’m sure he’s going to the level 3 SNY at CCI ( I’m not sure if there is one or not ? I imagine there is a SNY for every level ) . Unless his points went up then that’s why he would go to A yard & be on a level 4. Do you know forsure they said A yard ?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Itís still an SNY. BUT they still function like the mainline. So everyone on that yard is SNY, they just act like they arenít. . There are no mainliners on that yard. Everyone there is on the same page regarding the whole SNY situation. Your husband will be okay! If heís a level 3 then Iím sure heís going to the level 3 SNY at CCI ( Iím not sure if there is one or not ? I imagine there is a SNY for every level ) . Unless his points went up then thatís why he would go to A yard & be on a level 4. Do you know forsure they said A yard ?
He didn't say which yard. But I know for a fact that he's a level 3 and he hasn't gotten in trouble or anything like that so I'm pretty sure his points couldn't have gone up.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness. That sucks. My husband is a level 3 though. And why would they send him there if it's still active? They are putting his life at risk. What do I do?
They cannot mix SNY with GP.From what I heard is that they might make CCI a 50/50 yard meaning they will be in the same prison but not together.A yard is super active there is no difference from that yard to GP
Old 01-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,531 Times in 6,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myson89 View Post
They cannot mix SNY with GP.From what I heard is that they might make CCI a 50/50 yard meaning they will be in the same prison but not together.A yard is super active there is no difference from that yard to GP
Actually they are mixing them now. I'm not speaking on CCI, but at other prisons they have begun Integrated Yards of GP and SNY. They have Level 1 and 2 yards established and they are beginning Level 3. You can read more about it here.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:00 PM

That's not a good thing at all definatly a safety risk. SNY yards are not what they used to be especially the level4 yards they are a lot like the mainline.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myson89 View Post
That's not a good thing at all definatly a safety risk. SNY yards are not what they used to be especially the level4 yards they are a lot like the mainline.
So I don't know what I can do. Can I call his counselor and ask why this is happening? Can I get a hold of someone else and try and make sure this doesnt happen? I mean this can't be legal or in my husbands best interest. I know that he is a "criminal" to them but at the end of the day they still need to be treated with some common courtesy and some respect. Not just like some type of animal. I am totally flabbergasted by this whole thing. :'(
Old 01-18-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
So I don't know what I can do. Can I call his counselor and ask why this is happening? Can I get a hold of someone else and try and make sure this doesnt happen? I mean this can't be legal or in my husbands best interest. I know that he is a "criminal" to them but at the end of the day they still need to be treated with some common courtesy and some respect. Not just like some type of animal. I am totally flabbergasted by this whole thing. :'(

I think our use of the word active got you a bit mixed up. If your husband is a level 3 he's going to C yard. Most of us that have been talking on here the past couple of days are all from a yard that's the level four and it's a 180 so it tends to be more rowdy. The whole facility is sny but a and b yard function like activeyards with the politics and other crap it's just because we have a lot of guys on those yards who weren't ready to give up banging. There's no integration of Mainline and SNY here your loved one will be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
I think our use of the word active got you a bit mixed up. If your husband is a level 3 he's going to C yard. Most of us that have been talking on here the past couple of days are all from a yard that's the level four and it's a 180 so it tends to be more rowdy. The whole facility is sny but a and b yard function like activeyards with the politics and other crap it's just because we have a lot of guys on those yards who weren't ready to give up banging. There's no integration of Mainline and SNY here your loved one will be fine.
Oh my goodness. Thank you so very much. You don't know how much that means to me. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawnandchase For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 AM

Hey ladies I got a call from my husband on A yard. He snuck on the phone during shower time. He said there’s a lot going on & doesn’t know when they’ll be coming off lockdown. They have let them up a couple of times but each time, someone does something stupid and they put them back on lockdown.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:01 AM

I think they are off!
Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I think they are off!
Are they off lockdown?