Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 AM
I love my Husband

Default Transfer NO. Info (Who to call to find out if a transfer has been approved?)

Ok so my hubby is up for a Good Adjustment Transfer. Well he has been put in for it but they havent replied to him. He told me that there was a number where we can call and ask if has been put on the list for a transfer? He said that the guy that was in there with hims girlfriend called and they told her not when he was going to be transferred but just that he was on a list. He was going to ask the guy for the number but that got got transferred the other day.....
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
His Wifey

try calling 850-488-9859 and ask to speak with Mr. Tooten in State Classification

Although the miles separate us, we are never far apart!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jlo3586 For This Useful Post:
DaisyDeadPetal5 (12-25-2017), ms. pulga (10-13-2009), ricoswifey (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I love my Husband

Thank you i will try today, lets see what they tell me.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM

Let me know if they told you anything...i know they can't tell us when, but they can tell you if it's been approved...My husband put in for his good adjustment transfer the end of last month...He told me it takes about a month to get approved by Tallahassee, so i am going to call at the end of the month and check on that... He told me where he's at, they haven't been transferring the people, only when their family's contacted tally....
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,536 Times in 3,575 Posts

I just always ask the person who answers the phone and never have a problem getting an answer...yes, he's approved, no, not yet.

Rico's, it shouldn't take a month for State Class to approve a transfer if he's already been approved by the facility. Go ahead and call; all they can say is "no, a transfer hasn't been approved."

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
ricoswifey (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
His Wifey

I have never had any luck with the ladies that answer the phone

Although the miles separate us, we are never far apart!

Last edited by jlo3586; 10-13-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Ok, thanks...I mean, i know he submitted it so i guess the prison approved it..there's no reason why it would be denied, he's been DR free..I was speaking to his classification officer a few months ago about when he'd be eligible, and i was asking her if he could still get a transfer considering he gets out in feb...she said it may or may not ever happen but that she'd still put it in and hope for the best...so we'll see, i just thought it was a certain time frame before tallahassee received it, but anyhow i will try tomorrow..doesn't hurt to at least ask...I know the transfers have been taking forever though!! So he may just end up getting released from where he's at...And right now he's in region 1 trying to come to region 4 but anyhow we'll see...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Well, i am so happy right now..I just spoke with Ms. Harris in Tallahassee 850-410-1509 and she told me my husband's transfer has been approved for him to go to everglades....She told me she couldn't say when exactly but that it shouldn't be long....now he will only be a few minutes from home, so i hope we can get our visits back......
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

WOOT! We have to wait until January to put in for a transfer though we were hoping for work release before that. Seems like that's being stymied. Now they are saying they won't review his custody until February. Uh Tallie said it would be reviewed in October. I'm questioning it but we'll see. Going to tell him to just keep on as he is. We can put in for a Good Adjustment Transfer and then for Work Release. Whichever comes first works for me. I really want him to get to a WRC but if we could get him to Okaloosa CI work camp I'd be happy. Thirty minute drive would be great. Though I'm learning not to complain about the drive I have, I know it's better than many of you ladies!

The Following User Says Thank You to wifeofMichael For This Useful Post:
ricoswifey (10-16-2009)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofMichael View Post
WOOT! We have to wait until January to put in for a transfer though we were hoping for work release before that. Seems like that's being stymied. Now they are saying they won't review his custody until February. Uh Tallie said it would be reviewed in October. I'm questioning it but we'll see. Going to tell him to just keep on as he is. We can put in for a Good Adjustment Transfer and then for Work Release. Whichever comes first works for me. I really want him to get to a WRC but if we could get him to Okaloosa CI work camp I'd be happy. Thirty minute drive would be great. Though I'm learning not to complain about the drive I have, I know it's better than many of you ladies!
They should review him every 6 months...as long as he keeps doing good and staying out of trouble, his custody should drop...I don't know if they change their custody levels just when they go for their review or not...I remember when my friend's boyfriend put in for his transfer his custody was minimum...He got transferred to glades then a couple weeks later to glades work camp and his custody dropped to community, then he put in for work release and was sent maybe a month later...
Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

I'm hoping to be able to get it done quicker. Tallie said they'd review his custody in October. Six months in is actually January, not February. Hence the confusion.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Will Wait 4evr
Donation Award 

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but being approved and actually moved/moving is two different things. There are a lot of factors that they consider, like bed space for one. My husband has been approved for Polk which is closer to home for about one month and a half and hasn't been transfered. I believe he hasn't because of bed space but I'm not 100% sure if this is the sole reason, there may be others because I heard a rumor about not wanting to transport too often more than 100 miles. But I truly believe it's more about bed space than anything.

I hope that your loved one gets transfered sooner than later because I know how it is to want them close to home.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/transfers.html#1

According to this they say it could take up to a year!!!!

Last edited by LovingSoul4u2; 10-20-2009 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: found this info on DOC website re transfers
Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,536 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSoul4u2 View Post
According to this they say it could take up to a year!!!!
And they ain't lying! Been there, done that. August was 1 year for us and we decided to change our options.

It also has to do with housing for their custody level. If your loved one is Close custody and in a 2-man cell, there has to be space in those dorms for that housing specification, if they are housed in an open bay dorm then there must be a bed available in a dorm, etc.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!

Last edited by ben's girl; 10-20-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Will Wait 4evr
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
And they ain't lying! Been there, done that. August was 1 year for us and we decided to change our options.

It also has to do with housing for their custody level. If your loved one is Close custody and in a 2-man cell, there has to be space in those dorms for that housing specification, if they are housed in an open bay dorm then there must be a bed available in a dorm, etc.

He's at a work camp and his custody level in minimum. Also he can't transfer to a work camp, he has to go to the main unit first before being put in the work camp. FL has some "none necessary" moves and seem to waste a lot of time and money. I asked my husband why would they even do something like that, why don't they just transfer you to the work camp? He said you know how FL is!!! End of story. In the beginning I thought that would mean that his custody level would change but it doesn't. We thought about changing the options but by the time that went through it will probably still take a year.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:16 PM

My son applied for custody review on 4/27/12. A week later his custody level dropped to Community so 5/5/12 he applied for WR. He had to do a medical physical and he did that on on the 12th of May. On Mon 5/16/12 he had to sign some paperwork and his Classification officer told him it would be 4-8 weeks before Tallahassee let them know something. Thurs 5/19/12 his CO sent for him, to give him the paperwork showing he was approved for WRC.
I want to give credit where it is due, my son's Classification officer has to be one of the best in the system. She has done everything that was asked of her and she is super nice. Bay CF seems to be one of the better places to go, most of the staff there are on the ball, super nice.
Beck