Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandrea75 View Post
They sure don't seem to make this process, or any for that matter, easy or clear. If it wasn't for forums like this I would be totally lost. I haven't received any information on what is required from me. I've read I'm supposed to sign something saying what time I plan on arriving? And if it wasn't for AshB2020 I would've never gotten the food ordered. My husband isn't of great help, but this is his first time incarcerated and his first FV also. So thanks everyone for your help.

No problem. So your husband will have received a confirmation slip of the date of your visit. He needs to send that to you and you sign it and send it back to the FV coordinator. If he doesn't have it you can always call the FV coord. and just verbally confirm and let your husband know for the 2nd one to just send you that little confirmation slip so you can send it back. That confirmation slip also comes with a packet that has a list of allowed and disallowed items. If he doesn't have it you can ask for it up front, or just scroll up this thread...I think I posted a list of items allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
Regular duffle bag is ok. Just can't be a hard one or a suitcase. I just use an oversized gym bag and a canvas shopping tote.
Thank you so much. I was stressing a bit
Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari808 View Post
Thank you so much. I was stressing a bit

Yeah, this place isn't really forthcoming with information on family visits, or have a consistent set of rules, lol. I just had to wing it and figure it out as we got on a regular schedule of them....
Old 04-18-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Regular duffle bag is ok. Just can't be a hard one or a suitcase. I just use an oversized gym bag and a canvas shopping tote.
Thank you. So taking 2 bags is ok ?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:47 PM

Well, my visit is this weekend. I've been calling the visiting sergeant for the past month and no one ever picks up. I've talked to the visiting secretary a few times, but she hasn't been very helpful as far as giving me any info. She just tells me I need to talk to the sergeant and takes my name and phone number and says she'll leave it for the sergeant. I haven't received or signed any confirmation slip, but I did leave a message with the secretary to please let the sergeant know that I will be there. I have not felt confident about this process at all. I live 4.5 hours away and I am just praying that everything is in order and that they have everything they need before I drive all the way out there. It's ridiculous that they don't have voicemail and that they don't give out email addresses. The only way to get help with your questions or concerns is if you by chance just happen to catch them in the office and they pick up the phone.
With that said, does anyone know if we have to or can we bring our own sheets? I am so thankful for this forum.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,295 Times in 15,623 Posts

You can check this thread
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...08&postcount=7
And if you look in this here thread it may help.
It looks like they provide bath towels but you would need dish towels and a washcloths.
Since it does not mention sheets, guessing that is provided.....
Sorry not more help

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Well, my visit is this weekend. I've been calling the visiting sergeant for the past month and no one ever picks up. I've talked to the visiting secretary a few times, but she hasn't been very helpful as far as giving me any info. She just tells me I need to talk to the sergeant and takes my name and phone number and says she'll leave it for the sergeant. I haven't received or signed any confirmation slip, but I did leave a message with the secretary to please let the sergeant know that I will be there. I have not felt confident about this process at all. I live 4.5 hours away and I am just praying that everything is in order and that they have everything they need before I drive all the way out there. It's ridiculous that they don't have voicemail and that they don't give out email addresses. The only way to get help with your questions or concerns is if you by chance just happen to catch them in the office and they pick up the phone.
With that said, does anyone know if we have to or can we bring our own sheets? I am so thankful for this forum.

They provide the sheets, towels etc etc. If your visit is this weekend the FV coordinator goes to R&R tomorrow to get your package and put it in the unit. If there is any problem at that point he will call you. So I would follow up tomorrow...don't forget he leaves his shift around 2:30 ish so call between noon and then. I'm pretty sure I've listed the allowed items above if you need a list of what you can and can't bring. Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-25-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 06:32 PM

Ok. Thank you. So 2 bags are ok? One for clothes and one for the blanket. I still have time for my visit. I wish it was now, but thatís not how it works.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:48 PM

I just finished with my visit this weekend, so if anyone has questions I can try to answer them. ��
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shandrea75 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-01-2019), sidewalker (05-01-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I just finished with my visit this weekend, so if anyone has questions I can try to answer them. ��
Thank you. Iím sure it was a good visit. Did you get processed right away in the morning ? Are you able to bring in lingerie etc....
Make up ?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
They provide the sheets, towels etc etc. If your visit is this weekend the FV coordinator goes to R&R tomorrow to get your package and put it in the unit. If there is any problem at that point he will call you. So I would follow up tomorrow...don't forget he leaves his shift around 2:30 ish so call between noon and then. I'm pretty sure I've listed the allowed items above if you need a list of what you can and can't bring. Hope that helps.
What are your recommendations for ordering food? How long before should I make sure itís there? By the time I get my visit, I would have waited 5 months. Does that seem about right? Oh! And do you know if there is a coffee maker in the unit? Do you know anything about the doctors note so I can bring my own food ?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
What are your recommendations for ordering food? How long before should I make sure itís there? By the time I get my visit, I would have waited 5 months. Does that seem about right? Oh! And do you know if there is a coffee maker in the unit? Do you know anything about the doctors note so I can bring my own food ?

I order my packages about 2 weeks before the visit. 5 months sounds about right, it's even longer now 6-7 months. No coffee maker, the FV package has instant coffee you can order, like Folgers. The Dr. note, IDK....I did hear that they are getting stricter with it but I don't know if they have yet....

And yes you can bring lingerie just no underwire.....
Old 05-06-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I order my packages about 2 weeks before the visit. 5 months sounds about right, it's even longer now 6-7 months. No coffee maker, the FV package has instant coffee you can order, like Folgers. The Dr. note, IDK....I did hear that they are getting stricter with it but I don't know if they have yet....

Thanks for the reply. 6-7 months wait is crazy. Most prisons itís 90 days, but then again our family visits are only on weekends. I know most prisons run them all week, hopefully something changes at CCI. Like you mentioned before, they do their own thing here. Iím glad I can bring lingerie, one item is enough. I already purchased one but it has underwire. I donít know what I was thinking. I bought it last year, so Iím sure I canít return it. Youíve been a big help.
Almost forgot, can I bring shower shoes?
Old 05-18-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. 6-7 months wait is crazy. Most prisons itís 90 days, but then again our family visits are only on weekends. I know most prisons run them all week, hopefully something changes at CCI. Like you mentioned before, they do their own thing here. Iím glad I can bring lingerie, one item is enough. I already purchased one but it has underwire. I donít know what I was thinking. I bought it last year, so Iím sure I canít return it. Youíve been a big help.
Almost forgot, can I bring shower shoes?
Hello just wondering did u ever get ur visit?
Yes u can bring shower shoes...
Old 05-18-2019, 09:38 PM

Nope!! Not yet. Iím still waiting
Iím still trying to figured out what food to order since there is only a microwave & no store. All the food is processed & has way to much sodium, which is not good for my health. I was gonna try & see if my doctor will give me a note to take my own food. In the mean time trying to put idea meal plan together, but find is crap
Old 06-24-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Itís getting closer to my family visit & my doctor just cancelled my appointment. Seems she extended her vacation. There is no way I can get a note now to bring my own food. Do you have any suggestions on whatís good to buy through walkenhorst ?
Old 06-27-2019, 12:12 PM

I need help. It’s just 20 days until I get my family visit & my husband got a 115. Does anyone know if this will effect us? If I don’t get my FV, I will be devastes. I’ve been waiting patiently for 5 yrs. Help !!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I need help. Itís just 20 days until I get my family visit & my husband got a 115. Does anyone know if this will effect us? If I donít get my FV, I will be devastes. Iíve been waiting patiently for 5 yrs. Help !!
If you donít mind me asking, did you ever get your visit? Who did you have to talk to, if anyone? Iím so new to this I wouldnít know who you could have spoken with, maybe the visiting sgt. or your husbandís counselor?
Old 08-01-2019, 01:58 PM

I did get my visit
Old 08-09-2019, 03:10 PM

So, supposedly they have shortened the visits from 3 days to 2 days and are doing weekday visitsin order to get more visits in. Our next fv was in November and got bumped up to Aug 17th! And we're supposed to get them every 30 days now! ��
Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 PM

I just had my family visit last month and it was 3 days. I was so happy about that, but now Iím not sure whatís going to happen. My husband got a 115 write up so now I donít know when Iím gonna have my second one .
If family visits are going to start being 2 days, but are happening more often is a good thing.
I think itís awesome your visit got moved up from November to August.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
So, supposedly they have shortened the visits from 3 days to 2 days and are doing weekday visitsin order to get more visits in. Our next fv was in November and got bumped up to Aug 17th! And we're supposed to get them every 30 days now! ��
Hey: When you say three days, do you mean three days/two nights? So when they shorten them that would be two days/one night? Not great on my end. I’m getting married there in Feb. & we’re looking forward to family visits, unfortunately I live in Alabama & wouldn’t be able to come out more often. Does anyone know when this will take place?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:06 AM

It's already in effect. My visit in April was from Friday morning until Monday morning. My visit this weekend will be from Saturday morning until Monday morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shandrea75 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-16-2019), sidewalker (08-18-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
It's already in effect. My visit in April was from Friday morning until Monday morning. My visit this weekend will be from Saturday morning until Monday morning.
That doesnít sound too terrible, thank you for the info, I appreciate it!