Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

Default Ankle monitoring-cost??

My son told me that he will have to pay $90/month for ankle montoring after HH, in another living quarters? Anyone have information about how much this cost (Ca.)? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 03:48 PM

If it is fed, I am curious why he would need the ankle bracelet after HH(just never heard of that before). I can tell you that that number seems about right for the non GPS one. However in some cases the feds pick it up. The version that I know about has an ankle bracelet, and a box thats plugged into a phone line, and it simply alerts the feds when you go beyond X distance. If its GPS, then I dont know anything about that.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:43 PM

Default Ankle-Monotoring cost

I had to pay 25% of my income to go home the last 10% of my sentence on ankle bracelet...Hope this helps:-) I left Seatac Federal Detention Center July 9th and was on ankle monitor until Aug. 8th.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned

Thanks for your responses! Yes this is a Fed client, and yes, it will be after HH, his PO even suggested this may happen. It is too bad that the accused has to incur this expense as well as all the others that await him when he is released!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:11 AM

so basically the ankle bracelet is for home detention instead of doing the entire last x months at HWH? That makes sense. I know where my friend is at a lot of people on release that go through the HWH if they get a job and behave get to go on home confinment for the last several weeks, but they dont bother with ankle bracelets or GPS, they just randomly call to make sure your home if your supposed to be.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned

Curious what state are you in? You are right about the ankle monitor for home release after HWH (per home visit from PO). My person has a job waiting-we hope-so we don't expect a long time in the dreaded HWH...Who knows there are so many unknown answers to all of our questions??? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momconcerned View Post
My son told me that he will have to pay $90/month for ankle montoring after HH, in another living quarters? Anyone have information about how much this cost (Ca.)? Thanks.
Mine costs about $56 dollars a month. I am Federal and only on an ankle monitor because I am more than 100 miles from any halfway house. If he will not be more than 100 miles from the halfway house he does not need the ankle monitor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jjx062 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-14-2017), Lovebirds (10-15-2017), xolady (10-14-2017)