Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Default Will moving extend his ankle monitoring process ?

hello,My friend's husband is in prison. He has one more year left. And then another year with the box on his ankle.She would like to move to a better neighborhood, but her husband is concerned that her move will extend the process for getting the ankle box.Does anyone have any advice for her? She will be checking this forum for advice herself.Thanks so much,Peace
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2006, 10:41 AM

my only suggestion would be to check with his p.o. or case manager, whoever is handling his release, and ask them very straightforwardly how the move would affect this process. i'm sure they have the answer and will readily share their input with you. i wish her & her husband luck with his release and with the possible move!

Old 09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Outlaw's honey girl

As long as he has enough time to submit the new address and they can check it out, there should be no problem. A better neighborhood should be a good thing, you'd think.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

From what I know about Home Monitoring, you have to be within a certain distance of the monitoring center. Different lengths for different places. One I know was 100 miles. One was in a certain county. All depends. I would find out who is going to do the monitoring and then call and ask them. Moving to a better place is always good, unless it is out of the area he will have to live in. Good luck!

dw

Old 09-19-2006, 09:32 PM

Default distance of bracelet

I can tell you with accuracy that the ankle bracelt allows you to move no more than usually 100 FEET from the box that is installed in the home. The inmate is allowed to go on free movement during the day or whenever his work hours are. However, once his free movement is over for the day, he must be within the usual 100 FEET of the box.