Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Canada that do not fit into any other Canada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Default remand time at CECC Lindsay / conditions

My son is in remand at CECC. He's in for domestic assault and has another charge pending in Toronto (sexual assault). His Legal aid lawyer says he would have definitely gotten off on the sexual assault but things are further complicated now with the domestic assault incident. No other offences or record. He's 25 and issues revolve around drinking too much. Could you please tell what the conditions are for the people in the pre-trial area in Lindsay. I have not heard from him and it's been a week. I am unsure of bailing him out as his "girlfriend" is already nosing around trying to find out if he's out, etc. The duty counsel has postponed the bail hearings two or three times now. I am very torn. How long could he conceivably have to wait there before his trial. If a plea of guilty will he necessarily get out sooner. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am totally unfamiliar with the system and new to Toronto.
Sponsored Links