Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 04-23-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrietta View Post
You'll have a good visit. It's exciting to see them. Just don't forget the bug spray!! LOL
LOL.....One of the 'first' things packed & ready to go~!!! And actually it will be a few weeks first. He is at the reception center now. At least now I have an idea. Thank you~!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 AM
*****man's Wife

I was there about two weeks ago and the sand gnats were off the hook. It didn't seem bad until I got home and had little red bits all over my legs. I'm going back the long weekend in may but I ususally stay in Tallahesse because I was told the town was full of rednecks??? How were the people?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
*****man's Wife

I agree, the first time was horrible leaving especially if they are looking back at you through the gate, and I cried the whole way back.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD's Girl View Post
I was there about two weeks ago and the sand gnats were off the hook. It didn't seem bad until I got home and had little red bits all over my legs. I'm going back the long weekend in may but I ususally stay in Tallahesse because I was told the town was full of rednecks??? How were the people?
Oh my....I have heard more stories about those bugs~!!! Scary~! I plan to be there also the last weekend of May....hopefully~!!! Trying to see where to stay as I myself am not familiar with the area. I think by doing a google map search and getting a view of the area lets you know what the area may be like ...... Is it far to travel from Tallahassee~?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 AM

Taylor doesn't have a gate. You leave the room and go through the little rooms to get checked out. It's easy not to look back, I've never tried. They also shut the door and put a square of cardboard or something in the little window as soon as everyone is out.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:19 AM

Default Taylor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymrshaw37 View Post
My fiance was told that he is being transferred to Taylor. I've never visited anyone who was incarcerated. Can anyone tell me what it's like once you get there? What do you have to do? How long do you usually have to wait to get in? Do the inmates come in first or the visitors? Anyone who may have loved ones at Taylor or anywhere else are welcomed to comment!

Not much good at Taylor, except the Asst. Warden. He seems to be a very good & ethical man, and will stand up for our inmates when they are having problems caused by his staff. Visitation is busy & crowded, much like most places. Our family members are worth whatever we must do to visit them.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
*****man's Wife

Yes they are I went to Taylor a few weeks ago and will be returning at the end of May, can't wait to see my man.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Default New Warden at Taylor?

Talked with my son last week and he said that Taylor has a new Warden. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Account Closed

They only thing that was said that wasnt correct in my experience at Taylor was where ther inmate sits. My husband and I sat beside each other the whole time. We spent all the time outside and never had a problem with sitting beside each other. Have a good visit.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Well I am currently looking for a new person to carpool with. I have been riding with a woman from my area on a normal basis but her man comes home this month so no more rides Please if anyone is interested in some company on those early morning rides and help with gas and motel if you stay over Im you girl Im so sad because I dont know when Ill be going up again
Old 05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Riding Once Again

My fiance is on his way to Taylor CI (info per vinelink) he hasn't been processed in yet at least the updated info isnt showing on the fl doc website.... Anyone know if he will be able to use the phones on his first evening at Taylor CI?

They may have him for now BUT he is mine forever
Old 05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Riding Once Again

Default Taylor CI phone times

Hello! so according to a vinelink update my guy was transferred from cfrc to Taylor CI.......... Does anyone know if he will be able to call me tonight - his first evening at Taylor CI? His phone list was approved a couple of weeks ago and he has been calling me 2-3 times a day since it was approved. Just hoping that he will still be able to call me tonight. Anyone happen to know anything about the phone schedules at Taylor CI? What time do they turn the phones on/off etc...........

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I am glad he has been transferred out of the reception center now maybe he will be able to get "settled" in =) He was only at the reception center (cfrc ) for approx 3 weeks

Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 PM

He should be able to call you tonite there phone times are from 5:30pm till 11pm mon-fri ans 9am-11pm Sat n Sun
sumwhereupnorth (05-09-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Riding Once Again

Thanks! He called at 6 and then twice more throughout the evening. He is glad that he was moved. Now he can get "settled" in and we can ride this out =) Glad that they keep the phones on till 11 although I do wish they would turn them on earlier during the week. I have weird shifts sometimes I work mornings and sometimes evenings so there are some nights he is able to call... But it is what it is and I am definately not complaining I know we are lucky to even be able to talk to each other at all...........

BTW he is in Taylor Annex ............

Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Account Closed

I have to disagree with the phone times. My husband has called me just a few minutes after 5pm on weekdays and we have been cut off at 10pm on weekends. It is my understanding that times are 5-10 m-f and 9-10 on sat and sun.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Riding Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyA68 View Post
I have to disagree with the phone times. My husband has called me just a few minutes after 5pm on weekdays and we have been cut off at 10pm on weekends. It is my understanding that times are 5-10 m-f and 9-10 on sat and sun.
Yep. I believe you are correct.. My guy has never been able to use the phone after 10:00pm but he has called before 5:30 on the weekdays.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 AM

Taylor is not a nice place to "settle."
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 AM

Default Taylor Annex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwhereupnorth View Post
Thanks! He called at 6 and then twice more throughout the evening. He is glad that he was moved. Now he can get "settled" in and we can ride this out =) Glad that they keep the phones on till 11 although I do wish they would turn them on earlier during the week. I have weird shifts sometimes I work mornings and sometimes evenings so there are some nights he is able to call... But it is what it is and I am definately not complaining I know we are lucky to even be able to talk to each other at all...........

BTW he is in Taylor Annex ............
Sucks!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Riding Once Again

Sorry that you have had a bad experience with Taylor Jutemoran2.... My guy likes it there... well as much as anyone can "like" prison environment.. He says it is a pretty decent camp as far as camps gio... (he has been to several here in Florida the last time he was down) He is over at Taylor Annex

Old 05-29-2011, 10:29 PM

I think that tomorrow they can have a 3 day visit, I wonder if they will have extra phone hours too.

I've been to Taylor Annex quite a few times and I haven't had any trouble. I can't believe that any other prison would be that much better. Everyone there has always been very sweet, I thought.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Riding Once Again

yep! Last Monday they were able to use the phone in the morning just like weekend phone priviledges - I was so excited to get a morning call on a Monday =-)

Old 06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Daddy's Home 11/15/11!

My fiance was just moved to Taylor C.I. today. Anyone have input as to what it is like there? We've heard constantly about the sand gnats so we're aware of that. He talked to a lot of people at RMC that had been at Taylor and it seemed more "bad" than "decent" yet I read a post below where someone said they liked it better than other camps and that the officers are decent. Someone else mentioned the town being full of rednecks (which usually means many are employed at the facility). I'm not one for the "race" card but I do honestly believe that experiences will differ depending on the inmate; and by that I don't mean just the quiet inmate vs. the rowdy inmate.

I always brace myself when he goes somewhere different because you never know what to expect. Any input about the facility in general would be helpful. My King has been on his best...BEST behavior for the last six months so he's learned how to try to stay under the radar. I know the first month he'll spend dealing with the officer's assumptions that he's gang affiliated because of his tattoo addiction which we are used to; just want to know if there is any advice I can give him about that camp from those who have loved ones currently there; outside of the awful gnats. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:26 AM
*****man's Wife

Default Taylor

My husband is at Taylor and he said basically if you keep your nose clean you shouldn't have many problems. From the CO standpoint some are better than others so it just depends on them. My visits have been good except Sunday when a particular female officer is on duty, she is very critical of your clothing and i'm big chested and but butt so I've had to change several times. The other male officers seem to be pretty laid back and don't give us any trouble. I've stayed in Perry with a few other wives and it was fine, but I was a little nervous because it is hickville but overall my experience is right average. For my husband its very hot, says no AC and only two fans for a whole dorm so he takes alot of showers to stay cool, the food is average but he will need some money to supplement the bad food days. This is just from my take hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsWifey View Post
My fiance was just moved to Taylor C.I. today. Anyone have input as to what it is like there? We've heard constantly about the sand gnats so we're aware of that. He talked to a lot of people at RMC that had been at Taylor and it seemed more "bad" than "decent" yet I read a post below where someone said they liked it better than other camps and that the officers are decent. Someone else mentioned the town being full of rednecks (which usually means many are employed at the facility). I'm not one for the "race" card but I do honestly believe that experiences will differ depending on the inmate; and by that I don't mean just the quiet inmate vs. the rowdy inmate.

I always brace myself when he goes somewhere different because you never know what to expect. Any input about the facility in general would be helpful. My King has been on his best...BEST behavior for the last six months so he's learned how to try to stay under the radar. I know the first month he'll spend dealing with the officer's assumptions that he's gang affiliated because of his tattoo addiction which we are used to; just want to know if there is any advice I can give him about that camp from those who have loved ones currently there; outside of the awful gnats. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Daddy's Home 11/15/11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD's Girl View Post
My husband is at Taylor and he said basically if you keep your nose clean you shouldn't have many problems. From the CO standpoint some are better than others so it just depends on them. My visits have been good except Sunday when a particular female officer is on duty, she is very critical of your clothing and i'm big chested and but butt so I've had to change several times. The other male officers seem to be pretty laid back and don't give us any trouble. I've stayed in Perry with a few other wives and it was fine, but I was a little nervous because it is hickville but overall my experience is right average. For my husband its very hot, says no AC and only two fans for a whole dorm so he takes alot of showers to stay cool, the food is average but he will need some money to supplement the bad food days. This is just from my take hope it helps.
Thank you so much. That certainly helps a great deal. With his health issues and meds I always try to make sure he's got enough funds to get food whenever he needs to. (Also partly because he's so picky-prisoner or not ) We talked about remembering to fly beneath the radar and I'm trying to send him enough to get another radio since the reception center "lost it". I'd probably do Saturdays for visits so maybe I'll be lucky enough to miss the female officer. I'm top heavy too and though I've never had a clothing issue, there is always a first time when it comes to the DOC. Thanks again!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Account Closed

The health care sucks at Taylor! My husband is a severe diabetic and he does not get proper care. He has been there 13mths and has only been able to see the doctor at the reception center. They nurses deny him every time he puts in a request to see a doctor. They are the ones to determine if he "needs" to see a doctor.