Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 08-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Account Closed

My husband has been at Taylor for 2 mths. He is a severe diabetic and they don't give him a proper diabetic diet. The medical attention he does not receive makes me fear for his life. He sugar is up and down they pump him full of insulin at 4:30am and doesnt let him test his blood sugar for over 12hrs. Due to the heat his sugar has drastically fallen to where he passes out and has to have sugar tablets and then they pump him back up with insulin. He won't tell us much because he says they give out dr's constantly and for stupid reasons. He also said that we are not to contact anyone there because if we do they give him a dr. My monster-in-law is visiting for the first time this weekend and wouldnt take me to see him. We live 6hrs away and I dont drive so I have no way to visit. I havent spoken to him in over 6days and he usually calls every other day. I am extremely worried. I honestly don't know how I am going to survive this. I am all alone. My parents are gone and my in laws wont even take me to the grocery store. I have no friendsl. The only friend I had was my husband.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
MISSING HIM

Well,first I would like to say Hi and Welcome...my husband is in Taylor and he also has health problems and he told me that they will give them DR's if you call up there,he passed out twice and his sister called and they told him the next time someone calls they sending him to the box....they are very nasty, and the doctor they send them to is in Lake Butler,my advice to u is to have him send u a medical release so a least they will talk to u about his medical treatment!! My husband gets out in 2 1/2 months so I just pray for him to make it home safe,since he only had to do 7 months we just stay prayed up,I wish u luck!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Account Closed

Yes my husband says the same thing about the DR's. He is afraid to say anything because of the retaliation they give him. My MIL visited yesterday and he was afraid to hug and kiss her for fear he would get into trouble. The place is horrible. They are still human beings and not everyone has comitted a terrible crime.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Default Taylor CI visitation...

Hello PTO I am currently tryin to find someone to carpool with to from the tampa bay area. I have not seen my fiancee is a few months n im going insane lol I will help with expenses
Old 10-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Account Closed

I totally know how you feel. My hubby is at Taylor and this upcoming weekend will be my first visit since he's been in (6mths). Probably my last because immediatley following Sunday's visit I am heading for Orlando airport to go live with my daughter in NC. I wish I could help with transportation for you but I live on the east coast and it was like moving mountains to get my MIL to take me with her for the viso. I think she only did so that she makes sure I get on the plane to move away. (Can you tell she doesn't like me very much lol) I really hope you find someone to help you out!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM

I completely understand I do hope your viso goes well. Tayor viso guards can be difficult at times but as long as you law low n dont bring attention to u both you'll be okay. If you have any questions about how things may go, the best time to be there, ect pls feel free to ask
Old 10-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Account Closed

Had my first viso yesterday and it was wondeful. I hadn't seen my husband in 6mths. I am anxious to go again this morning. The guards that were their yesterday was fine. They didn't say a harsh word to anyone that I saw. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Question Taylor CI(possible)...1st Visit...I am so nervous

Hello, I am planning a visit for the first time to see my guy...he is at RMC right now and believes he will be transferred to Taylor CI -we are hoping by tomorrow he will land at his new place. Does anyone know anything about Taylor CI? I am booking my flight for 2 weeks out...I am scared because I have never visited any prison in Fla and I am not sure what to expect. I am so nervous...this guy was my first love and we reconnected about 6 months ago and it has been amazing, but I have not seen him in 27yrs! How do they bring them out to greet you? How closely are the initial/good bye hugs and kisses monitored. I mean are the CO's right there in your face? I am just so nervous and I have no idea what to expect. I have read all the visitation rules, but I need first hand advice and information from those who have been through this! I have never visited a significant other in prison. Only my brother in Tx and I did not need to worry about all this. Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Account Closed

My husband is at Taylor CI. There are 3 different camps you have the main unit Taylor CI, they have Taylor Annex, and Taylor work camp. I would suggest that you get there early. Your first visit you will have to do some paperwork and they will give you a pin number that you will need each time you visit. They will pat you down when you go in but its no big deal. Just make sure you bring your money in a clear bag. I've seen people with a clear make up like pouch but Ijust used a ziplock bag. You have nothing to be nervous about just enjoy your time with him. The co's were fine they just sit at a table and they leave you alone unless you are doing something wrong. I didn't even pay attention to them I hugged and kissed my husband for a decent amount of time. They have a nice outdoor area to smoke. That's where we like to sit. My husband is in a dorm with 70 men. I wish I could say decent things about Taylor but from what I hear it is one of the worst in the state. Perry is a very small town. If you blink you are going to miss it. It is loaded with hotels. The one we stayed at was pretty cheap but I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it. But it had a subway next door to it. The prison is about 10 miles from where the motels are. Have a safe trip and don't be nervous. Just enjoy your visit!!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 PM

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks so much for all the info! I am driving in from Tx and I am actually going to enjoy this upcoming 3 day weekend! He did land in Taylor Main and I was wondering about how the visits were...especially our first hug and kiss - so thanks for the 411! I am so excited and due to the transfer he does not know I am coming so he is going to be surprised! I plan on enjoying every minute of the 18 hours I will get to spend with him this weekend! He said that he has heard things have calmed down at Taylor and not as bad as it once was...only time will tell! I hope and pray that is the case! I did get a local hotel...not sure what it is gonna be like! I have faith it will be fine...I will try and look for the one you are talking about while I am there! Thank you again!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Account Closed

I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!!!! Drive carefully. By the way...how did you get approved for visitation so quickly? Where you already approved thru RMC? It took me and my mother in law about 2weeks to get approved once he finally got to Taylor.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 AM

Talking 2 More Days!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyA68 View Post
I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!!!! Drive carefully. By the way...how did you get approved for visitation so quickly? Where you already approved thru RMC? It took me and my mother in law about 2weeks to get approved once he finally got to Taylor.
Thank you! I definitely plan on being super careful! This is my first road trip alone for this long of a distance! As for visits, I was actually approved back in October when he was at Columbia CI, but it only took about 10 days total for the approval. He was not new to the system so RMC was only a stop over for him! I am super excited and can not wait for Saturday!!!! Thanks so much!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Account Closed

Be sure to let me know how it went!! I am very happy for you.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Account Closed

Default Who all has loved one's a Taylor CI?

Just curious who has loved ones at Taylor. Just wanted to make some new friends. I never see too much about taylor. Just want to see what others feel about it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 PM

My fiancee has been at Taylor's main unit since December of 09 and to be honest it sucks like all the other prisons in florida. Yes it is alil rougher than some other camps becus the guards like to find dumbshit to bitch about like their clothes being pressed now and extra clothing in their rooms ect. We are currently in the process of marrying at that institution and all has gone well so far. Their visos are not as strick as some other places I have been in Florida so i can not real complain too much on that tip as well. My fiancee has learned as long as he lays low and below the radar things have gone smoothly so far. Well we have had a DR written for no reason and 42 days in the box during summer but I know at this moment all is quiet. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Just curious who has loved ones at Taylor. Just wanted to make some new friends. I never see too much about taylor. Just want to see what others feel about it.
My guy just landed in Taylor a little over a month ago. He says they are strict and will do write ups for petty things. But like Shawnswife1234 he says if you lay low and fly under the radar it is okay. I have only been to one 3 day visitation and they were not as strict as other places I have read about and we really enjoyed our time together. Maybe we will get a chance to meet at visitation sometime!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Account Closed

That would be reallly nice to meet at viso, however, since I live out of state it is next to impossible for me to visit. I really need to see him. I have only seen him 1 time since he's been there and he has been there almost a year. Saturday will make 23yrs that we have been together. It is so hard being with someone that long and then only seeing 1 time in a year. I wish I could just win enough money on the lottery for a visit lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That would be reallly nice to meet at viso, however, since I live out of state it is next to impossible for me to visit. I really need to see him. I have only seen him 1 time since he's been there and he has been there almost a year. Saturday will make 23yrs that we have been together. It is so hard being with someone that long and then only seeing 1 time in a year. I wish I could just win enough money on the lottery for a visit lol.
I also live out of state in Texas. It is very hard but I am blessed! We have friends and they will take the trips and we split the cost...doesn't give us a whole lot of alone time but it is still worth it! Besides that I will do what I have to do! If you live in Texas we should carpool! lol! I have been playing the lotto as well...he says 1/2 million in escrow and a Miami lawyer would be his ticket home...that would be top priority if I won! lol! Anyway, you can PM me anytime you want to chat! Take Care and Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM

My son has been in Taylor for a couple of months...I live in North Georgia and have visited him once. Hope to go back in either April or May...what a terrible time for the gas prices to go up huh? My visit at Taylor went smoother than I thought it would. It was so wonderful to see his smiling face...our new motto is "It's Going to Be Greater Later" Anyone want to chat let me know. God Bless you and your Loved One!
The Following User Says Thank You to VivianR For This Useful Post:
TxTornado (03-13-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianR View Post
My son has been in Taylor for a couple of months...I live in North Georgia and have visited him once. Hope to go back in either April or May...what a terrible time for the gas prices to go up huh? My visit at Taylor went smoother than I thought it would. It was so wonderful to see his smiling face...our new motto is "It's Going to Be Greater Later" Anyone want to chat let me know. God Bless you and your Loved One!
I love the quote! ...Yes, the gas prices are getting pretty scary and I hope that they do not get much more out of control or that is seriously going to limit my visits with my guy! I am getting ready to have to call Tally as the dorm my guy is in at Taylor has not had hot water for the last two weeks except for one day. Also, they have started rationing toilet paper - one roll every 10 days. Has your son mentioned anything like this to you? I am going to make some calls tomorrow if I can figure out who I need to talk to. I have started a thread with the hope of getting some information. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks so much and God Bless you and yours!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTornado View Post
I love the quote! ...Yes, the gas prices are getting pretty scary and I hope that they do not get much more out of control or that is seriously going to limit my visits with my guy! I am getting ready to have to call Tally as the dorm my guy is in at Taylor has not had hot water for the last two weeks except for one day. Also, they have started rationing toilet paper - one roll every 10 days. Has your son mentioned anything like this to you? I am going to make some calls tomorrow if I can figure out who I need to talk to. I have started a thread with the hope of getting some information. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks so much and God Bless you and yours!
One roll every 10 days is what my son said too. Think we could write our letters on toilet paper and send to them? Thank goodness the phone calls don't cost as much as they did in Duval co. jail...they were around $17.00 for 15 min. Now they are a little less than $2.00 for 15 min. Do you drive or fly to FL to see your man? Prayers go out to all of you and your loved one..."It's Going to be Greater Later"!!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianR View Post
One roll every 10 days is what my son said too. Think we could write our letters on toilet paper and send to them? Thank goodness the phone calls don't cost as much as they did in Duval co. jail...they were around $17.00 for 15 min. Now they are a little less than $2.00 for 15 min. Do you drive or fly to FL to see your man? Prayers go out to all of you and your loved one..."It's Going to be Greater Later"!!
Sorry I have been out of touch on here for a bit...I do drive as it would cost more to fly then rent a car, etc...Still the cost is a bit much. I am with you on sending the letters on TP, I had actually thought of that myself. I am grateful for the low cost for the phone calls myself! have a great day and be blessed!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM

I drive twice a month to see him on most months. He is currently at the Annex, but back in 2003 was at the Main unit. Visits are fine, never had a C.O. say a word to us. Then again we don't give them a reason too. His last prison Glades C.I. was a nightmare. They harassed the families of the inmates on a consistent basis. My fiance and I have been approved to be married at Taylor Annex and it was really a very simple and unnerve wrecking experience. The only thing is that they will not allow us to be married in the chapel. Has anyone else been married there before?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 PM

I am currently going through the process and should be married at the Main Unit by May-June at the latest I wish I could go up on a regular basis but with no vehicle Im unable to
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Hey everyone!! My fiance just told me this evening that he is transferring to either Taylor CI or the Annex sometime this week...hey TXTornado, I live in TX also!! Which part do you live in?