Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Community Corrections Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Community Corrections Facilities Topics, Discussions and Information relating to CCF & MCCF in the State of California.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Ben's Wife :)
Donation Award 

Question Is McFarland still open???

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the prison in McFarland was still open. if it is what levels does it house?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
always speaking my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofchina View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knows if the prison in McFarland was still open. if it is what levels does it house?

Thanks
Yes, McFarland CCF is still open, but it is very limited. It closed its doors a few years ago but when it reopened it wasnt the same as it once was. If Im not mistaken it only houses the most lowest level possible. You might try calling and asking for info, good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to JerrysWife For This Useful Post:
princessofchina (10-23-2008)
Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrysWife View Post
Yes, McFarland CCF is still open, but it is very limited. It closed its doors a few years ago but when it reopened it wasnt the same as it once was. If Im not mistaken it only houses the most lowest level possible. You might try calling and asking for info, good luck.

she's right it houses levels 1 & 2 ... but which one are you asking about? because there is GOLDEN STATE, MCFARLAND, and CENTRAL VALLEY.. in Mcfarland..
Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 PM

so i only have about 18 days tommorow on halloween and its driving me nuts absoulutely nuts i still havent got a place for our first night man i have everything else except the good stuff im so excited seems like i have been waiting forever !!!!!! well thanks yall for all the support
Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneyswifey View Post
so i only have about 18 days tommorow on halloween and its driving me nuts absoulutely nuts i still havent got a place for our first night man i have everything else except the good stuff im so excited seems like i have been waiting forever !!!!!! well thanks yall for all the support

OH YOUR SO LUCKY!!!.. I STILL HAVE LIKE A YEAR & SOME MONTHS!!!.. BUT IT'S OK.. I'LL WAIT PATIENTLY.. HAHAHAHA HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT!!.. GIRL YOU GOTTA GET TO IT. CAUSE THE DAYS WILL FLY RIGHT BY.. WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT HE'S STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!!.. AHAAHAHA CONGRATS ON THE HOMECOMING.....
Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Loving Him more each day

Question Anyone at McFarland CCF??

My guy was transferred to McFarland CCF on Monday. If anyone has a loved one that has been tranferred their recently, how long did it take him to call you? Do they go into some kind of holding or something when they first arrive? There is not much information about this CCF on PTO. So, any information about the facility and what the visiting is like would be great.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Looking for answers

I'm writing a friend at MCCF MCFARLAND STATE PRISON and don't know how to address it. can anyone help me.... What is the web site to MCCF MCFARLAND STATE PRISON ........ Thank you
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creighton_Tabby View Post
I'm writing a friend at MCCF MCFARLAND STATE PRISON and don't know how to address it. can anyone help me.... What is the web site to MCCF MCFARLAND STATE PRISON ........ Thank you
MCCF is a correctional facility and doesn't have a website. Here is the information off the CDCR website.

McFarland Community Correctional Facility (MCCF)
P.O. Box 1487
120 Taylor Ave.
McFarland, CA 93250
Kern County
(661) 792-3001

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM

hello!i need help my fiance just got sent to mccf, wanted to know all the info, besides what i read. all your help means alot! thank u!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 PM
His Everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_calvento View Post
hello!i need help my fiance just got sent to mccf, wanted to know all the info, besides what i read. all your help means alot! thank u!

What do you need to know? I can help you with pretty much everything! Just ask away!
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:22,23

Happy New Morning! Screw the New Year! I take it day by day, and every new morning is worth celebrating!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
VanessaLovesErik

Talking I need Visitation info for Mcfarland Central Valley

I am taking my daughter for the first time to see her dad well she is 3 mnths old So what is the rules on her diaper bag This is my first time visiting too so I need to know the do's and dont's of the visits
Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
His Everything!

The best advice I can offer is call the prison! Some prisons are more picky then others, so call the prison! It's always best to call them and get the info directly from them!
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:22,23

Happy New Morning! Screw the New Year! I take it day by day, and every new morning is worth celebrating!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Account Closed

This seems to be a mixed thread of all the ccf's and mccf's. but does anyone here know if there are Family Visits at McFarland??? Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Account Closed

Default McFarland MCCF

It seems like the other thread about MacFarland MCCF was merged with all the other Facilities (( CCF's and MCCF's )) in the City of McFarland and it's very confusing trying to figure out what reply belongs to what facility, I thought I'd start another one.

I'm fairly new to McFarland but not to the system so I am on " searching for info" overload. As I find information out I will post. This way as new members ask about McFarland they wont get confused as i did with the merged facilities. They all have different ways of doing things.

So far this is what I have.

Mail:

Mailing address is
PO BOX 1487
McFarland, Ca 93250

You dont have to put the CDC# if you dont have it. If you call records they WILL NOT tell you.
40 envelopes - plain or metered from the post office
40 stamps
200 sheets of lined paper - no color paper or drawing sheets
10 books or magazines - must come from a vendor.
15 pictures at a time with inmates CDC# on back

Packages:
They dont have to be recieved in the Facility by the end of the quarter. They have to be ORDERED before the END of the quarter ( per Antonio in R&R)

Calls:
Are provided by GTL. I started the process before he attempted to call. It's a small facility so the lady (at GTL) told me it's ok to do it before he attempts to call.
here is a link with the rates
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/docs...%206-22-09.pdf

Here is a link to the Direct Remit Website ( PrePaid) Don't forget to set up your 4 digit pin with the Customer Service Rep so that you can Access your account and keep track.
https://www.correctionsgtl.com/
https://www.correctionsgtl.com/

Visiting Approvals:
You have to reapply to visit. Yes even if you were approved before. Good News is it only takes about a week.

Last edited by Cubana; 09-24-2009 at 09:13 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 PM

Yes it is very confusing at first cause there are three differant facilities all together in mac farland. They are central valley mccf, golden state mccf and macfarland mccf. They are all on the same property that is why it is confusing
Old 09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Mccf's, ccf's family visits
according to that thread they don't get f.v. I believe I had heard before that they don't get them.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Okay, I split out the posts regarding Central Valley and Golden State and gave them their own threads.

This thread is now just for McFarland MCCF.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiferzWife View Post
Okay, I split out the posts regarding Central Valley and Golden State and gave them their own threads.

This thread is now just for McFarland MCCF.
Thank you
Old 09-27-2009, 12:05 PM
His Everything!

Lights is right! No Family Visits for any private prison!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Account Closed

Thanks i was hoping they did becuse the private prisons in Arizona with Cali inmats have some.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Account Closed

When I spoke with my husband yesterday, he stated that they do not take any restituion out while he is there. Is this true or is he getting mixed information from the guys inside? Any of you ladies know?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Account Closed

Wow getting information from anyone in McFarland is like pulling teeth from them. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the phone and the lady who is the operator is no help at all. If you don't ask "specifically" what you need to know her answers are all 1 one word answers. You'd think she would volunteer info so that I would stop calling LOL

Anyway, so since there is very limited info on here on McFarland as I said before I will post info as I get it. I looked for info on t his thread about sending money but the only post about it on here is wrong.

To Send Money to McFarland MCCF:

can only be sent in as a Money Order. Send it to the inmate with their CDC# and the mailroom will take it out.
They do not accept JAPY.com or WESTERN UNION.

My husband also told me that they can go shopping 2 times a month there. I am just hoping that it doesn't take long for them to post the $$ to their account. Not like the CDCr that it takes over a month to post. I would hope not with only 150 inmates at the facility since they close one side because of construction going on there.

Also, I am so glad the mail is very quick there. I live in the east coast and my letters get to him in 3 days. Compared to Wasco that is great. He would get my mail there in 3 weeks. Not bad for only having 1 lady
working in the mailroom.

Well as I get more info I will post.

Last edited by Cubana; 09-30-2009 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Account Closed

To the Ladies who have visited McFarland last year during Thanksgiving, did they have visits Thu-sun???

I am planing a trip the first week of December but if I can get a 4 day weekend visit that would be great. Thanks in advance. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the phones there.
Oh Yeah, do they take pics in the visiting room? I know Poloroids are almost instinct if not already.

Last edited by Cubana; 10-05-2009 at 08:05 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default GTL/transferring to McFarland

Question about GTL, I currently get calls where my hubby is @ now, he is supposed to transfer to Mccf Mcfarland...will his calls automatically just come through or will I need to call GTL & set up the new prison to receive calls from there?

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Calls should go through

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.grumps View Post
Question about GTL, I currently get calls where my hubby is @ now, he is supposed to transfer to Mccf Mcfarland...will his calls automatically just come through or will I need to call GTL & set up the new prison to receive calls from there?
The CDCR website http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Receiving_Calls_From_Inmates_and_Wards.html has a posted PDF reference entitled "New Inmate Rates at Prisons, Camps, CCF's, and FRCCC," which would seem to indicate that that CCF's are included in the GTL/CDCR contract.

South Bay Scott

Last edited by South Bay; 10-12-2009 at 01:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to South Bay For This Useful Post:
mrs.grumps (10-12-2009)