Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default Writing dilemma, should I keep writing a friend?

Okay I'll try to explain this as well as I can while keeping it short.

My husband has had no problem with me writing an old co-worker of mine when he got locked up. However I was writing him (I'll call him x to make this easier) and x's gf who was locked up to to pass messages to each other till she got out, he gots years she got months.

Anyway she has been out about a month and has decided to end things with him. I found out b/c he sent me a letter yesterday telling me this. I'm not surprised by the news, she got with him while her then boyfriend was serving only a 6 months sentence. I love the girl to death she is a good person but not cut out for this life. Okay long story short, he said that he hoped that I wouldn't stop writing him b/c he would have no one else to write to him.

I don't think my husband will mind, I've asked him if he will b/c passing messages is one thing (yes I know it was technically wrong but thats not the point here) and writing a single guy is another thing..I trust my husband completely but would still be a bit uncomfy with him writing a chick who was single as just a friend.

Would you keep writing x? Would it matter what your guy thought? Pretty much what would you do in my place.

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM

Thanked 3,339 Times in 1,672 Posts

That's a tough one since you have been writing him for a while, but I know that if it was me, my guy wouldn't be okay with it! It's one thing to pass messages along when he's writing his girlfriend. It's another to write a single guy even if it has the intent of being as friends. I would feel bad just dropping off as well, but I also know how important this would be to my guy and at the end of the day, his feelings matter more than the other guy. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lil peep For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (07-07-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
He's the arrow thru my <3

I agree with Lil peep. It is a tough call. I think my man's feelings would really be the key element. Any real friend should understand if you do end up having to stop writing. Maybe talk to your man and see if there is a middle ground somewhere like birthday cards, christmas cards, things like that? Just throwing it out there. My man would not be ok with me writing to someone else, but that's just him.

I wish you luck with this one. Hope it works out for everyone. Maybe your friend would be ok with you helping find a pen pal on one of those inmate penpal sites?

If I ever had a sweet dream, baby it's you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisRockerGirl For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (07-07-2011), lil peep (07-08-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 PM

Thanked 2,403 Times in 956 Posts

Before I made a decision, I would ask my husband. My loyalty is to him first and his feelings matter before those of a friend,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erics4ever For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (07-07-2011), lil peep (07-08-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I Smell Shenanigans

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,117 Posts

My guy wouldn't care as long as it was as friends ONLY. I have pen pals and as far as I know they are single but I don't care about their love lives and I have NO interest in them romantically in ANY way. So he doesn't care who I write as long as it is on a friendship basis. But this co-worker it depends on how much of a friend I considered him. If you were only writing him to pass messages on to him from his girlfriend but they are no longer together then really you have no reason to write him anymore. You could always put up a pen pal ad for him. I don't know what to tell you besides talk to HIM.

Rest In Peace Chad. I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU!

The Following User Says Thank You to LeStrange For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,719 Posts

I'm definitely asking x about putting up a penpal ad, I have a few in my blog and belong to a couple on facebook and have gotten penpals for other guys.

It was mostly to pass on messages back an forth, but we were all friends to. Well work associates I don't hang out with anyone.

LOL I"m probably to nice but I just hate to leave anyone with out anyone to write to or have contact with. Especially after learning about what prison is really like. My husbands opinion is really going to be the deciding factor.

Thanks guys

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
The Following User Says Thank You to Hisoneandonly For This Useful Post:
lil peep (07-08-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,845 Times in 11,079 Posts

I think it's just fine. Not a problem.