Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Twankies

Exclamation How long do they can keep outgoing mail?

i need some help finding out what i can do about the mail been held! my hubby is in a sitution were there is alot of stuff going on & he is letting me know so i can contact someone for help, but they keep the letters & send them days later. as example he wrote a letter on Friday which has a letter in it for Huntsville on the racial conduct of some guards & higher up workers; they keep it longer. i recived it days later after i recived the one he wrote out Sat. & the one he wrote out this Monday. in May this happened also 17th i recived like regular, but the 18th, 20th & 21st letters were held till the 24th was postmarked rcived on 27th those just happened to have stuffabout the missed up crap going on in there. cant i do something to help? it states in TDCJ book they are to hold mail 24hrs ONLY for there turned over to the postal people! i m scared something bad well happen & it wont get to me till to late! t
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 PM

oh no. I am so sorry to hear I have no idea what the rules are and I'm guessing it varies state to state

I know my man gets my mail the next day but mine takes a few days. I figured it was while they read it but he told me that they read it in his presence and the CO then seals it in front of him or takes it and reprimands them if it is "bad (this hasnt happened to my man thank goodness)

BUT that said, today I got something he mailed out 3 days ago.. but yesterday I got something he had mailed out 5 days before. So something goes on to stall it in the mail area. No idea what

I hope your hunny is ok and you guys get some help