Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM

Default Rehab off of applewhite road in SanAntonio Texas???

Anyone know about this place in sanantonio?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 PM

I see it's been a long time since you posted this question, so IDK if you still need info, but I figured I'd answer anyway.
10975 Applewhite Road
San Antonio, TX 78224

The location houses 3 different facilities:
1. Mentally Impaired Offender Facility (MIOF)
2. Substance Abuse Treatment Facility I
3. Zero Tolerance Facility
They're all part of Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department & require placement through the courts. Men & women are housed separately. Things may have changed some since I was there. All were on 90 day sentences.
The Substance Abuse facility wasn't in operation when I was there but the Zero Tolerance was. It's exclusively for young adult males & is similar to a boot camp.
I was sentenced to 90 days there at MIOF in 2007. MIOF has a doctor that assesses you & prescribes medications. They have GED classes that all are required to attend, even if you have a diploma. There are counselors there also. The residential area has officers assigned to monitor 24/7.
It has it's good & bad points. It's no place I'd want to go again. I was misdiagnosed & prescribed meds that ended up being the cause for a surgery months after release. With no ability to question or refuse to take any med prescribed you there, you may have issues. Other than that, meals are really bad, exercise/outdoor activities are restricted but mostly available. You can make phone calls at scheduled times. I did like that I was able to get all my Community Service hours the judge assigned me done there by doing odd jobs like laundry, cleaning, etc.

Once released you go to the Genesis Program at the CHS Palo Alto location, which houses your doctor, probation officer & a case supervisor. I did 1 year thru them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebuilding3 For This Useful Post:
Banksbjork (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Applewhite r center

hi I have a question I hope u receive it, can the offenders placed into facility 1 satf receive letters?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:24 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,627 Times in 17,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksbjork View Post
hi I have a question I hope u receive it, can the offenders placed into facility 1 satf receive letters?
I'm sure they can ...if I'm wrong, some one will correct me

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-26-2017, 05:49 PM

Question San Antonio Treatment Facility (SATF)

Is the facility on Applewhite the San Antonio Treatment Facility (SATF)?

An Order modifying my friend's "deferred adjudication community supervision" terms, say that he is to attend 120 to 180 days, min., in the "SATF Program" and upon completion, attend the "Aftercare Program" for a min. of 90 days. And then be on "deferred adjudication probation" for six months....

Anyone know anything about these programs OR where I can find out more info?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

SAFP???
Old 05-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/division...nce_abuse.html
Old 02-05-2018, 01:48 PM

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but can anyone give me some advice about the way the place is currently ran? My fiance is going soon and we have an 19 Month old son and one on the way. I'm freaking out because I am due in April and I'm not sure if they'll let him visit even if it's just for a few hours. He missed our oldest birth it'll crush him if he misses this one and might not recover from it. Any advice at all helps.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:16 PM
Loving you since 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexieArevalo View Post
I know it's been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but can anyone give me some advice about the way the place is currently ran? My fiance is going soon and we have an 19 Month old son and one on the way. I'm freaking out because I am due in April and I'm not sure if they'll let him visit even if it's just for a few hours. He missed our oldest birth it'll crush him if he misses this one and might not recover from it. Any advice at all helps.
My husband was there a few years ago. Since him being there is probably part of a "jailed" sentence, I don't think they will allow people out even it's for a few hours.
Sarianna (02-16-2018)
Old 01-04-2019, 05:40 PM

Hi I'd like to know if anyone has any recent information if their allowed calls as of october 2018 and what's the least amount time you can be there?
The Following User Says Thank You to HatchBrownred For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (10-01-2020)
Old 06-28-2019, 05:00 AM

Default Exact same issue

Wow, same thing happened to me there. I was prescribed several medications there I was forced to take for 90 days + and it took me a month or so to get different meds through Genesis. About 2-3 months after my MIOF release I ended up in the ER & had to have a hysterectomy all due to 1 of the meds I took there. I tried for months after my surgery to find a lawyer to bring suit against MIOF & the prescribing doctor there but was unable to find a lawyer who wanted to take on the system in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebuilding3 View Post
I see it's been a long time since you posted this question, so IDK if you still need info, but I figured I'd answer anyway.
10975 Applewhite Road
San Antonio, TX 78224

The location houses 3 different facilities:
1. Mentally Impaired Offender Facility (MIOF)
2. Substance Abuse Treatment Facility I
3. Zero Tolerance Facility
They're all part of Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department & require placement through the courts. Men & women are housed separately. Things may have changed some since I was there. All were on 90 day sentences.
The Substance Abuse facility wasn't in operation when I was there but the Zero Tolerance was. It's exclusively for young adult males & is similar to a boot camp.
I was sentenced to 90 days there at MIOF in 2007. MIOF has a doctor that assesses you & prescribes medications. They have GED classes that all are required to attend, even if you have a diploma. There are counselors there also. The residential area has officers assigned to monitor 24/7.
It has it's good & bad points. It's no place I'd want to go again. I was misdiagnosed & prescribed meds that ended up being the cause for a surgery months after release. With no ability to question or refuse to take any med prescribed you there, you may have issues. Other than that, meals are really bad, exercise/outdoor activities are restricted but mostly available. You can make phone calls at scheduled times. I did like that I was able to get all my Community Service hours the judge assigned me done there by doing odd jobs like laundry, cleaning, etc.

Once released you go to the Genesis Program at the CHS Palo Alto location, which houses your doctor, probation officer & a case supervisor. I did 1 year thru them.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:01 PM

Does anyone know what to do for this facility when there's a family emergency. I don't communicate w my mans mom because shes a nightmare, but there was an immediate death on my end, so basically my husbands sister in law passed. I kinda dont want to say that in a letter. is there info on what I can do to get that info out to him?