Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Default He is temporarily ineligible for visitation at Daniels Unit. Why?

My brother has returned to TDCJ. He has been in and out of TDCJ since he was 17 so I am not totally new to the in and out. He revoke his parole again so he was first sent to the Gunney unit and then to Huntville to midland and now he is at Daniel. So it has been 2 months but it said he can not have visitors so have I have called since he has been there a little over 3 weeks and was told he is temporarily ineligible for visitation. My question is why She could not say so I am trying to figure out why Can someone tell me if there are reasons for this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,845 Times in 11,079 Posts

A number of possible reasons, but the only ones who can tell you are the staff at the prison.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
A number of possible reasons, but the only ones who can tell you are the staff at the prison.

Did ask and she said he could not have a visitor list because he was not eligible for visits. This is the first for me. The unit is about 5 1/2 hour drive . Thank you He has never been ineligible before and he has always had a visit list. But this is the first time he has ever been at Daniel was not sure since I do know anything about this unit!!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:51 PM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

There is no such thing as 'ineligible for a list.' For the notation to appear mid-week on a unit that is typically associated with weekend visitation, that would suggest there has been disciplinary sanction that renders him ineligible for visitation.

Now, if you saw this notation a few days ago and are just now asking, then it could be that he had a visit last weekend and the system simply had not been updated to reflect the new week.

What housing assignment shows up when you look at the preview on jpay?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
There is no such thing as 'ineligible for a list.' For the notation to appear mid-week on a unit that is typically associated with weekend visitation, that would suggest there has been disciplinary sanction that renders him ineligible for visitation.

Now, if you saw this notation a few days ago and are just now asking, then it could be that he had a visit last weekend and the system simply had not been updated to reflect the new week.

What housing assignment shows up when you look at the preview on

jpay?
She said he is ineligible for visit. It has showed up he is ineligible since he has returned to TDCJ 2 months ago, On j pay it does not show a housing assignment
Old 05-26-2018, 05:53 AM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWind123! View Post
She said he is ineligible for visit. It has showed up he is ineligible since he has returned to TDCJ 2 months ago, On j pay it does not show a housing assignment
The preview page really has NOTHING in the upper left corner? It should show something like DL and then a series of letters/numbers that represent a housing assignment. Solitary/PHD placement would likely look like DL SOL4.

If there was truly nothing showing, that would tend to suggest that is was in transient status somewhere, even if just to a local off-unit appointment.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
The preview page really has NOTHING in the upper left corner? It should show something like DL and then a series of letters/numbers that represent a housing assignment. Solitary/PHD placement would likely look like DL SOL4.

If there was truly nothing showing, that would tend to suggest that is was in transient status somewhere, even if just to a local off-unit appointment.
I did not know that!! It does show DL KL 18. I did no know that was the housing assignment