Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM

Default Colorado prisons chief orders Sterling review after 6th inmate killed

Posted 8-13-2014
Two men serving lengthy prison sentences for murder and attempted murder are accused in the Monday murder of an inmate at the Sterling Correctional Facility, authorities say.

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 25 posts or more.

Colorado prisons chief orders Sterling review after 6th inmate killed

Last edited by sass4221; 08-14-2014 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: added link.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Blueyes

Very scary and my guy is at Sterling!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:29 PM

This is terrifying. My penpal is in Sterling, and I haven't heard from him in a while (though I've seen the news, and the victim is not him. And the gangs they're saying were involved with this aren't the "friends" he tells me he has). I had no idea Sterling had such a history. My penpal tells me that it's nicer than Limon, where he was before.

Yikes.

I hope I hear from him soon. And I wish safety for them all.

Snowblind, I hope your guy is okay. Does he have any insight into this? I hope he's safe and things are calming down.

Wombat
Old 08-18-2014, 11:39 AM

The unit that this happened in is out of control!
My husband is a minimum restricted inmate and he was moved here, with one year left on his sentence! It should be illegal for the system to house short time-low security inmates with max security-lifers! I hope that they get these classification issues take care of quickly!! It is MAJOR stress knowing his safety is an issue day after day!!!

Last edited by Andy'swife; 08-18-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 08-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Blueyes

Wombat - I'm luck that my guy is at DRDC right now because of surgery, but that's the area he is in. Medium Secure and frankly, he's apprehensive about returning. He's been gone for about two months. He's up for parole in September. Part of the time recalculation. Even if he gets paroled, he has to go back to Sterling until his release date.

The thing is that the new Executive Director is letting these men out that have been locked down 23/7 at CSP - some for years! Considering it cruel and unusual punishement. There are definately some bad guys in there..
Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
Wombat - I'm luck that my guy is at DRDC right now because of surgery, but that's the area he is in. Medium Secure and frankly, he's apprehensive about returning. He's been gone for about two months. He's up for parole in September. Part of the time recalculation. Even if he gets paroled, he has to go back to Sterling until his release date.

The thing is that the new Executive Director is letting these men out that have been locked down 23/7 at CSP - some for years! Considering it cruel and unusual punishement. There are definately some bad guys in there..
How did your guy get a surgery scheduled? Mine had been battling medical for months?

Last edited by plshobokitchen; 08-27-2014 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: missspell