Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:51 PM

Default CDCR has wrong address (county) for parole/Correcting CDCR's records?

My L.O. is about 5.5 months from the gate, and starting to go through the parole process. When she was arrested she lived in Monrovia (L.A. County); that's the address that was on her driver's license, her name was on the Verizon bills there, etc. Somehow, they put down her mom's old address in Chino, San Bernardino County. So when she put down my address (L.A. County), they told her she'd have to request a transfer, and that it might not happen, L.A. is a 'closed' county. Gulp. (She doesn't know anyone in San Bernardino County; her family moved away.)

Plan A is to somehow correct the CDCR's records. Anyone know how to go about that? If it's even possible?

Plan B is to do whatever we can to make transfer to L.A. more likely. (We're already talking about it, so why not -- I'm assuming chances improve if we're married before she paroles? As much as we'd rather do it overlooking the Pacific, we can do something simple in the visiting room at CIW beforehand...)

Argh... Thanks for any help / insight anyone has!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 11:43 PM
No Regrets

If you were married and you were esablished as far as living i believe they have to take her in LA county.... Ive gone thru the parole process going to la county but that was about 3 years ago. Not being married, im not sure. We had to wait on a transfer AFTER my boyfriend got out (which took about 20-30 days) His parole officer told us to get married and we wouldnt have the problems as far as not being married.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using PrisonTalk
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Miss my KiNg

I would get all the proof showing she lived in LA county for her to show her counselor or you to look into the parole office. It might take you 5 months to even get married with the whole process it takes CDCR.

Hopefully it works out that she does get to LA county!! Good luck

Old 04-25-2014, 11:31 PM

We're trying to find proof but it's hard, it was 6 years ago... thanks all...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:05 PM

Tracked down her lawyer who sent her the paperwork proof, which she's sending to me. As of now she's set to parole to San Bernardino, but I have the name of her parole officer in Fontana, I'll reach out tomorrow and see what we can do... Gulp.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Miss my KiNg

Praying it all goes well!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:37 AM

Sigh... They told her inside that there was nothing they could do to fix their information (seriously?!), but that her people on the outside should contact the parole office. (She's been assigned to an agent in San Bernardino, who I've tried several times to get ahold of (phone, email, fax). No response.

I got the paperwork (e.g., a police report discussing a search warrant they used to hit her residence, in L.A. County, the day before she was arrested; a phone bill from the month of her arrest showing the L.A. County address) today.

Drafted a civil complaint for injunctive relief.

Sent a copy of the draft, with exhibits (the paperwork), via fax, to the parole office and the regional parole headquarters. Sent another copy to the CDCR's Deputy Director of Parole (the Director's email bounced); got a 'read receipt.'

Sooner or later someone's going to respond, even if it is in the form of filing an answer to our complaint in the superior court! (But this could all be fixed so easily by them without all this drama...)
Old 05-14-2014, 01:07 PM

Got email from deputy director this morning and a call from regional HQ about an hour after that. Might actually get this resolved relatively painlessly.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Miss my KiNg

It pays off to be persistent!! Good luck!!