Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:11 AM

Default federal prisons with Email that allow SO to use

I have read some postings saying at certian places that heve trulinks/corrlinks they do not let anyone with a SO crime, computer crime, or even a high degree of computer knowledge participate. Anyone know of any fed prisons that have email where this is not the case and they dont restrict who can use based on there charge?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 06:21 AM
I luv my brother

What facility is your loved one at? Do they allow it there? I think Devens may allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinperg View Post
I have read some postings saying at certian places that heve trulinks/corrlinks they do not let anyone with a SO crime, computer crime, or even a high degree of computer knowledge participate. Anyone know of any fed prisons that have email where this is not the case and they dont restrict who can use based on there charge?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 AM
-----------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,912 Times in 2,104 Posts

It's not a facility by facility decision. It's BOP wide. SO's are not allowed access to email. If they are, in every case I have seen, it was a mistake and it was eventually caught and rectified
Old 06-20-2010, 08:18 AM

thanks. Its not the best of news, but good to know. Ill let my friend know. Any idea on the rational? From what I understand, email is sort of like phone where it has to be approved etc, and its not like inmates are able to surf the web or anything. I mean if the judge expliciately said "no computer use" thats one thing but if not i dont see what the big deal is. It doesnt seem to make any more sense then bvlocking phone use, or regular mail
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

I think it's pretty common for sex offenders who have a computer related crime, to have it in their Judgment Order that they cannot use a computer - so the BOP enforces that, even though it's not direct internet access.