Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Unhappy they canceled my visitation @ pvsp

they CANCLED MY VISITATION BCUZ I HAD A MINOR WHICH I THINK SHES OLD ENOUGH WELL SHES 16. THEY CANCLED ALL OF MY VISITATION UNTIL I HEAR FROM THE LTN. THE LADY THAT TOLD ME THIS WAS BEING REALLY RUDE TO MY LIL SIS AND ME MY BABY TOLD ME TO REPORT HER WHICH IM PLANIN TO DO ONE OF THE C,O'S TOLD HIM THAT SHE HAD NO RIGHT ON CANCLING OUR VISITATION ONLY FOR THE WEEKEND BUT NOT ALL OF THEM WHAT SHOULD I DO ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP PLUS ITS NOT LIKE WE DID SOMETHING BAD RIGHT? THANX GURLS AND TAKE CARE
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-22-2008, 11:10 PM
gibbyslady's Avatar
gibbyslady gibbyslady is offline
missing my baby!!
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: IN HIS HEART
Posts: 478
Thanks: 223
Thanked 116 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Sorry To Hear That!!!
They Shouldn't Have Cancelled Your Visit If You Had Written Notorized Permission. I Would Call Tomorrow And Get Things Straight...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

I am so sorry to hear that your visits got cancelled. I would call the Lt. first thing this morning. Lt. Myers wont be there today, but Sgt. Karr will be...and she is the one in charge while Lt. Myers is gone. So I would try her first. I would think they if they were to cancel your visits it would have been only for the day...not for an extended amount of time. Did you get to go into the visiting room or was it at the process center?
They cancel visits so easily there...its very upsetting




Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
they CANCLED MY VISITATION BCUZ I HAD A MINOR WHICH I THINK SHES OLD ENOUGH WELL SHES 16. THEY CANCLED ALL OF MY VISITATION UNTIL I HEAR FROM THE LTN. THE LADY THAT TOLD ME THIS WAS BEING REALLY RUDE TO MY LIL SIS AND ME MY BABY TOLD ME TO REPORT HER WHICH IM PLANIN TO DO ONE OF THE C,O'S TOLD HIM THAT SHE HAD NO RIGHT ON CANCLING OUR VISITATION ONLY FOR THE WEEKEND BUT NOT ALL OF THEM WHAT SHOULD I DO ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP PLUS ITS NOT LIKE WE DID SOMETHING BAD RIGHT? THANX GURLS AND TAKE CARE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:30 AM
LuvandLaughsCA's Avatar
LuvandLaughsCA LuvandLaughsCA is offline
Busy Mom
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,085 Posts
Default

So sorry to hear your visit was canceled. You said you lil sister was with you? You had her birth certificate and a written notarized statement allowing you to bring her to visiting?

You should contact Lt. Meyers @ ext 5712. She's only in Wednesday-Sunday I believe. You can also contact Sgt. Carr but I'm not sure what the ext is.

Good luck.
__________________




CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Sgr. Karr is at the same extention as well.
Good Luck sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvandLaughsCA View Post
So sorry to hear your visit was canceled. You said you lil sister was with you? You had her birth certificate and a written notarized statement allowing you to bring her to visiting?

You should contact Lt. Meyers @ ext 5712. She's only in Wednesday-Sunday I believe. You can also contact Sgt. Carr but I'm not sure what the ext is.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Thanx For The Info I Called I Talked To Karr She Told Me I Have To Talk To Myers Till Tomorrow So Ima Call Her And C Wuts Up Hopefully She Dosent Cancle Them...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Let us know what happens...good luck




Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
Thanx For The Info I Called I Talked To Karr She Told Me I Have To Talk To Myers Till Tomorrow So Ima Call Her And C Wuts Up Hopefully She Dosent Cancle Them...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
LuvandLaughsCA's Avatar
LuvandLaughsCA LuvandLaughsCA is offline
Busy Mom
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,085 Posts
Default

Keep us posted and good luck. Lt. Meyers is very helpful and nice.
__________________




CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well I Talked To Her Yesterday & They Suspended Me For 6mths I Was Gonna Keep U Posted But I Was & Still Im Depress She Told Me I Could Write The Warden It Was Gonna B All On Him... So Thats That
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:42 PM
LuvandLaughsCA's Avatar
LuvandLaughsCA LuvandLaughsCA is offline
Busy Mom
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,085 Posts
Default

Wow They terminated you for 6 months just because you had your sister with you?
__________________




CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-26-2008, 10:46 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Yea They Did Ust Cuz Of That But Im Gonna Write The Warden A Letter Ima Get Someone To Write It Cuz Im Not Good Writing Letters So Hopefully I Get Them Back Ihonestly Think Its Not Fair But Ima Fight Im Not Gonna Let It Go Just Like That Well Thats My Plan Any Advice Could Help Me Please Thanx Take Care
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 AM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

You will need to write the warden a letter...but realisitically the people that will read it are the wardens assistant and the visiting Lt because it deals with visiting and they are the ones that make the decision. After you write the warden I would call the CDCR ombudsman at 916) 445-1748. His name is Ken Hurdle....I do not know who the ombudsman is for PVSP anymore...but he is the head of all of them. You will most likely talk to his assistant...BUT she is very nice and will help you with this. She can give you a better idea of what else can be done.

I am so sorry that this happened. I know how you feel. I lost my visits for 6 months as well...and we fought to get them back over and over. Its not something that is going to get resolved quickly....it will take some time...but be patient and consistant..and hopefully you can get them back before 6 months.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
Yea They Did Ust Cuz Of That But Im Gonna Write The Warden A Letter Ima Get Someone To Write It Cuz Im Not Good Writing Letters So Hopefully I Get Them Back Ihonestly Think Its Not Fair But Ima Fight Im Not Gonna Let It Go Just Like That Well Thats My Plan Any Advice Could Help Me Please Thanx Take Care
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM
daisy may daisy may is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 454
Thanks: 21
Thanked 137 Times in 96 Posts
Default

The only one who can cancel your visits is the LT. or the Warden, and you need to get that in writing in the United States mail within 30 days of the conversation you had at the prison. Sorry, your post kind of does not make sense. They cannot just cancel your visits for 6 months for having a minor with you. If you have a notorized letter saying she can visit with you then they cannot take your visits. Either you left somethign out or this is not the whole story.

It is true whoever told you they can only cancel your visits for that weekend.

Were you given the pink paper at the prison saying your visits were suspended that weekend. They need to give you one becuase they turn those voer to Sacramento. If not ask he Warden why you were not given a 128A or 128B. I forget which one it is. They have to give you that otherwise your visits being taken is not valid.

Last edited by daisy may; 06-27-2008 at 07:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

No She Wasent Notorized I Did Talk To The Lt. She Told Me That She Cancled Them And She Said She Sent Me A Letter (they Never Gave Me The Pink Paper U Mention To Me Do They Give It To You At The Prison?) K One Of The C,o's I Guess Told The Lt. She Talked To Me Before All Of This Happend She Said She Had Told Me That I Couldnt Leave Her There But I Still Did It I Swear To You The C,o Never Mention Anything To Me If I Knew This Was Gonna Happend I Will Never Had Brought Her With Me Come On The Gas Is Very Expensive...! My Man Told Me The Samething He Didnt Understand Why Its Gonna Be For 6 Mths. He Even Talked To Sgt Karr She Said She Had Heard About It She Told Him If She Was There She Wouldve Done Something Diffrent If Your Wondering How He Talked To Her She Was In The Yard (this Dosent Probably Make Any Sence Its Cuz Im Using The Playstation I Dunno How To Use It My Computer Is Getting Fix: ) Well Thanx Gurls I Hope It Made A Lil Sence: ) Honestly This Took Me A Hour To Write Lol!!! K Take Care
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
LuvandLaughsCA's Avatar
LuvandLaughsCA LuvandLaughsCA is offline
Busy Mom
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 1,119
Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,085 Posts
Default

Ok if I'm reading this correctly you were told you couldn't take your little sister in with you to visit so you left her in the processing center while you went to visit. Then once you were in your visit you had your visit terminated because of having your sister at a prison without a notorized statement and I'm guessing because you left her in processing alone. Just trying to clarify the situation before saying anything else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
No She Wasent Notorized I Did Talk To The Lt. She Told Me That She Cancled Them And She Said She Sent Me A Letter (they Never Gave Me The Pink Paper U Mention To Me Do They Give It To You At The Prison?) K One Of The C,o's I Guess Told The Lt. She Talked To Me Before All Of This Happend She Said She Had Told Me That I Couldnt Leave Her There But I Still Did It I Swear To You The C,o Never Mention Anything To Me If I Knew This Was Gonna Happend I Will Never Had Brought Her With Me Come On The Gas Is Very Expensive...! My Man Told Me The Samething He Didnt Understand Why Its Gonna Be For 6 Mths. He Even Talked To Sgt Karr She Said She Had Heard About It She Told Him If She Was There She Wouldve Done Something Diffrent If Your Wondering How He Talked To Her She Was In The Yard (this Dosent Probably Make Any Sence Its Cuz Im Using The Playstation I Dunno How To Use It My Computer Is Getting Fix: ) Well Thanx Gurls I Hope It Made A Lil Sence: ) Honestly This Took Me A Hour To Write Lol!!! K Take Care
__________________




CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Yes please clarify....because if you leave a minor unattended...that is a huge deal for the prison. I just want to make sure we are all understanding...that way we all can help you with this situation.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
No She Wasent Notorized I Did Talk To The Lt. She Told Me That She Cancled Them And She Said She Sent Me A Letter (they Never Gave Me The Pink Paper U Mention To Me Do They Give It To You At The Prison?) K One Of The C,o's I Guess Told The Lt. She Talked To Me Before All Of This Happend She Said She Had Told Me That I Couldnt Leave Her There But I Still Did It I Swear To You The C,o Never Mention Anything To Me If I Knew This Was Gonna Happend I Will Never Had Brought Her With Me Come On The Gas Is Very Expensive...! My Man Told Me The Samething He Didnt Understand Why Its Gonna Be For 6 Mths. He Even Talked To Sgt Karr She Said She Had Heard About It She Told Him If She Was There She Wouldve Done Something Diffrent If Your Wondering How He Talked To Her She Was In The Yard (this Dosent Probably Make Any Sence Its Cuz Im Using The Playstation I Dunno How To Use It My Computer Is Getting Fix: ) Well Thanx Gurls I Hope It Made A Lil Sence: ) Honestly This Took Me A Hour To Write Lol!!! K Take Care
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-28-2008, 06:47 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Yea I did Leave her but I wasent aware I couldn't Leave her there I've seen people there where she was
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 PM
PTO-79211 PTO-79211 is offline
---------------
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,101
Thanks: 3,567
Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts
Default

Ok..now I understand....I would still try and call the ombudsman to see what options you may have. I would still write the warden like Lt. Myers suggested. I am not sure of the punishment for leaving a minor unattended...but I would definetely see what you can do to get them reinstated.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
Yea I did Leave her but I wasent aware I couldn't Leave her there I've seen people there where she was
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:07 PM
pebbsluvsdreams pebbsluvsdreams is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles, Cali
Posts: 88
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

JAAXMAA,

I'm so sorry hunny. I was getting processed for my visit when the sgt made a big deal about it and was questioning your sister. Just out of curiosity, they wouldn't let her stay at the trailer while you were visiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
Well I Talked To Her Yesterday & They Suspended Me For 6mths I Was Gonna Keep U Posted But I Was & Still Im Depress She Told Me I Could Write The Warden It Was Gonna B All On Him... So Thats That
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
JAAXMAA JAAXMAA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 123
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Some lady told me I couldn't leave her there the lady that works there i mean she is 16 yrs. Old I don't really consider that a minor she is old enough 2 make her choices u know wut I mean but they should've at least given me a warning well my baby is out in 8 mnts.so I'm really HAPPY and they did go back on lockdown but that C.O. Was extremely rude 2 both o us my sister and I... K girls take care thanx
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
daisy may daisy may is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 454
Thanks: 21
Thanked 137 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Everyone knows that a minor canotbe left on prison grounds without an adult. if you take your baby they ask you for the birth certificate for anyone under 18 years old. if you left her in friends outside they also know sh should not have been left there without an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAXMAA View Post
Some lady told me I couldn't leave her there the lady that works there i mean she is 16 yrs. Old I don't really consider that a minor she is old enough 2 make her choices u know wut I mean but they should've at least given me a warning well my baby is out in 8 mnts.so I'm really HAPPY and they did go back on lockdown but that C.O. Was extremely rude 2 both o us my sister and I... K girls take care thanx
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
scirocco scirocco is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

A state prison is not a place for unsupervised minors.

Last edited by scirocco; 06-30-2008 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics