Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
A Mother's Pain

Default How does a person on felony probation get approved for visiting

I am currently on felony probation until 5/2009 (3 years) I understand that I may visit my son, but there has to be certain approvals. I do have written approval from my P.O., do I send that in with my application? How do I get the wardens permission? Do I send him a letter? Does anyone have any experience with this process? Im going to wait until he is out of reception and in the "mainline". Please help me, I want to tget it all started and know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Hello and welcome.
I'm not sure what the process will be for you. I would think that calling and asking your son's CO might be the first step but you should probably check in with the folks in the state where your son is imprisoned. Scroll down the list of forums and look for that state forum.
Best wishes.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
A Mother's Pain

Thanks, but the only thing I can find is "need to get permission from the Warden" I am looking for someone who actually has done this, there has to be someone???
Old 01-16-2007, 09:20 PM
child of god

good luck mother,
i think w/ family there is special conditions though. IM ABOUT TO DROP MY H/C FELONY PROBATION INAPRIL AFTER 3 YLONG YEARS!!! and am in oc also- my p.o would not approve me to see my fiance in susanville...he said no matter what you cannot visit on felony prob...my p.o before him/she let me visit at county whic h of course was no problem. & thought he would approve me for state/ he told me I would have to wait till discharge. I recieved a letter for admin probation a few months ago- but im still waiting till I get off. I was told if you have a letter from your p.o. stating that its ok /approval to visit and you send it into the warden of the prison- that makes all the difference, and wait until he gets mainlined.by the time they go through all your info in reception , you will have to do it over becuz your on pro for another prison. I was also suggested to get my printout from d o j (department of justice ) and send in with application and letter- that way when you fill out you will have lied about nothing and it saves them time. A stupid traffic warrant lie/arrest can get you denied now, if the can show you lied. Better to see it and state it and send it. goooooooooood luck- let me know what happens!!!

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 AM
A Mother's Pain

Yes taht helps me a lot. I will get that paper your were saying. My probation is still up in Shasta Co., I think I will leave it there until I get my approval for when he is mainlined.
Thanks again.