Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Question Visiting a person on supervised probation

Hi all,
Im new to this. Ive been by looking for answers, but there still are some that I dont understand.
I met my b/f online. Im Canadian and he lives in Florida. This spring I went down to visit him. When I got there he told me that I couldnt stay w/ him so he put me up in a hotel for the week. We had a great time, but there are things that dont sit right w/ me and Im hoping someone out there can tell me.

1st he told me I cant call his home phone. Is this right??

2nd he told me that after I left he asked his parole office if he could come visit me. Apparently the officer said yes and started the paper work for his permission. I told him that Canada does not let in felons, but his officer said that if he can get past customs and behaves there woild be no problem??

3rd is that he keeps telling me he needs permission for me to stay w/ him if I go back and Ive been waiting for 2 months for an answer to that question. Does it take so long for such a simple answer?? Especialy when they are giving him permission to stay w/ me here but I cant stay w/ him there??

I am so totaly at a loss. I dont know if Im getting a run around for some reason or this is all on the up n up. Please help.

Suzey
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 AM

Default visiting a person on supervised probation

I don't know about questions 1 and 3 but I know that I'm not buying his story about his po telling him he can get into canada if he behaves! I live in wash and during the winter my brother and his friends were going up to whistler for a fun ski weekend and just because one of the dudes had a prior dui they couldn't get into canada.I also remember a story a few years back about a retired couple who lived here in wash who had been traveling back and forth to canada for 2 years building their dream home,and on one of the trips it was discovered that the husband had a dui from like 15 years ago and they were never allowed to go back or finish buliding their home that they were almost finished with and ready to move into. Now if the rules are that strict just over dui's then are you gonna believe that a felon can get into canada? I don't think so. I don't know what your guys motives are,but I think something sounds fishy for sure! I hope you get to the bottom of things,good luck!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Thank you big mama. I did some research about entering Canada. Felons may apply to enter. I know that there may be a 5 - 10 year waiting period, depending on the offense. Our intensions are for me to move there as Im as clean as a whistle, other than a few speeding tickets. He spent a year in prison for tax evasion. And now hes on his last year of a 3 year supervised probation. I really cant get over the strictness of things down there. If you dont pay your taxes up here, they slap your wrist, and you have to pay it back. Do I want to move there?? hmmmm
Old 08-13-2006, 03:54 PM

Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,684 Posts

The not being able to call his home phone-has nothing to do with parole.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:31 PM

The phones not a big deal. I can call his cell. But Id like to know if they can keep him from having visitors to his home??

Another question I have is, do they always require them to report twice a day so hes home when hes supposed to be and do they do suprise dropins to check up on him??
Old 08-22-2006, 12:55 AM

Twice a day?... No! Parole does not have that kind of time on their hands. Unannounced visits?... Yes! If his PO said he can go to Canada that means he's not on high-risk parole. Thus, the PO's visits to his home or more than like monthly or never (meaning he has to report to the PO's office on a monthly basis)

As for the not being able to call his home or visit. Sounds pretty much like he's living with someone he doesn't want you or HER to know about.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:04 PM

I can call his cell any time of the day or night. Theres nobody living w/ him.
I guess what Im getting at is that I cant get over how some of the POs can rule your life. From what Ive read in other letters, it seems there are some good ones and bad ones. Are the POs monitored at all in thier treatment of the people they manage??
Thank you Nubeginning
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,190 Times in 497 Posts

My now ex was on high control parole and he only had to check in once a week with the PO, the PO could do suprise drop in visits and drug tests whenever he wanted though.zHis PO had no say in who called his home or who came and stayed at his home as I called and stayed over frequently.He did have to ask permission to go anywhere outside of his county though and he could not go anywhere even next door over night for the first 6 months or so.

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts