Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

Default CCI Family Visiting Q&A

Anyone have family visits here at Tehachapi this year? Can you please explain what is allowed, what the procedure is like, the days offered, what you can take or not, what the rooms are like, what items are available there to use, all those types of things. anything and everything. Nothing like this has been listed in soooooooo long.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybeth View Post
Anyone have family visits here at Tehachapi this year? Can you please explain what is allowed, what the procedure is like, the days offered, what you can take or not, what the rooms are like, what items are available there to use, all those types of things. anything and everything. Nothing like this has been listed in soooooooo long.
I will have one in a month and I will like to know as well.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgirl88 View Post
I will have one in a month and I will like to know as well.
You might end up being the one who answers lol. Please come on here and share if no one does before you go. But I do have some questions which will help and we can add to this.

1. How long did it take to get approved
2. Whats the coordinators name/number/extension
3. Were you give choices on days, do you know what days in and out that they offer?
4. Anything else you can think of.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,627 Times in 8,316 Posts
Default 2015 CCI Family Visitng Q&A

Questions about Family Visit applications and procedures belong here.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:33 PM

Thanked 2,044 Times in 995 Posts

I don't believe we will be able to get family visits for a few more years. I would be grateful to know the process. I will count down the years, the months, weeks and then the days for one of those!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cutepixie For This Useful Post:
bizzybeth (08-01-2015)
Old 06-06-2016, 10:20 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
My husband may be transferring here soon and I was curious about FV. How many nights is it? I've heard 3 nights. But my husband is level 4 so I don't know if that matters. Also how often are they here? We are coming from Calipatria and it is about every 90 days there. ANY info would be very much appreciated. Thank you
Old 02-02-2017, 03:20 AM

Any info about fv
Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,335 Times in 16,166 Posts

I dont know anything about them except we couldnt have them.
Here is one link that may help with what is allowed in for family visits.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...08&postcount=7

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Donation Award 

I finally got my visit so I'm here to share.
*Family visits are from Friday am - Mon a.m.
*You purchase your food through Walkenhorsts (largest selection) and another one (can't remember the name) but your husband will receive the order form and you can order it online for delivery. Food has to be there on time or visit will be cancelled
*Linens are provided - but you can bring a wash cloth, hand towel, sponge & dish soap
*Toiletries listed are limited but within reason you should be able to bring it - no glass container and nothing that you can't see through - He did allow me to bring my shampoo and squeeze it into a travel container in front of him
*They will give you the list of items that are allowed.
*No outside food is allowed
*Clothes they aren't too picky just no underwire as normal (clasps are fine) lingerie is good too.
*The rooms are pretty big - 2 bedroom (2 has two beds the other 1) - central heating
*Couches are NOT comfortable - equivalent of a hospital waiting room bench (vinyl and small)
*TV is in there (basic channels 2,4,5,7,9,11,13, etc) no DVD's are allowed BUT the IFC is working on getting the license to start a DVD library so that should be coming soon
*There are quite a few games, coloring books, etc., a box fan if it's hot, clock radio - reception is no good, dishes to use and a table/picnic bench outside on your patio
*Make sure you clean the apartment well after done because we are the only ones responsible and personally i didn't like walking around over a ton of women hair all over the floor with dirt and food - but otherwise they are pretty clean
*Count times suck - Every two hours throughout the night the phone will ring and he will have to get dressed and go outside so that the guard way across the way can see him. - Learn to sleep (long nap) during the day
*There is a fridge, kitchen sink and microwave (ice trays in freezer) - no stove
*Shower is a bathtub but the hot water is not enough to fill the whole thing maybe 3/4
*Processing was quick - they check you in like normal - then take you towards the back of visiting and go through your clothes and toiletries for an inventory in which ALL of it must come back or it could become a pain for your husband (i.e. mouthwash I finished but brought the bottle back otherwise when he goes back they will look for it in the trash)
*Check out they come get you and leave your husband there to clean. Mine was left there for almost two hours because the FV coordinator and to check a couple of us out.

Thats all I can think of now so ask away.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizzybeth For This Useful Post:
MissHoku (12-13-2018), Sarianna (02-03-2017), sidewalker (02-06-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,822 Times in 2,086 Posts

Thank you very much for all that info Bizzybeth

Old 02-04-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I finally got my visit so I'm here to share.
*Family visits are from Friday am - Mon a.m.
*You purchase your food through Walkenhorsts (largest selection) and another one (can't remember the name) but your husband will receive the order form and you can order it online for delivery. Food has to be there on time or visit will be cancelled
*Linens are provided - but you can bring a wash cloth, hand towel, sponge & dish soap
*Toiletries listed are limited but within reason you should be able to bring it - no glass container and nothing that you can't see through - He did allow me to bring my shampoo and squeeze it into a travel container in front of him
*They will give you the list of items that are allowed.
*No outside food is allowed
*Clothes they aren't too picky just no underwire as normal (clasps are fine) lingerie is good too.
*The rooms are pretty big - 2 bedroom (2 has two beds the other 1) - central heating
*Couches are NOT comfortable - equivalent of a hospital waiting room bench (vinyl and small)
*TV is in there (basic channels 2,4,5,7,9,11,13, etc) no DVD's are allowed BUT the IFC is working on getting the license to start a DVD library so that should be coming soon
*There are quite a few games, coloring books, etc., a box fan if it's hot, clock radio - reception is no good, dishes to use and a table/picnic bench outside on your patio
*Make sure you clean the apartment well after done because we are the only ones responsible and personally i didn't like walking around over a ton of women hair all over the floor with dirt and food - but otherwise they are pretty clean
*Count times suck - Every two hours throughout the night the phone will ring and he will have to get dressed and go outside so that the guard way across the way can see him. - Learn to sleep (long nap) during the day
*There is a fridge, kitchen sink and microwave (ice trays in freezer) - no stove
*Shower is a bathtub but the hot water is not enough to fill the whole thing maybe 3/4
*Processing was quick - they check you in like normal - then take you towards the back of visiting and go through your clothes and toiletries for an inventory in which ALL of it must come back or it could become a pain for your husband (i.e. mouthwash I finished but brought the bottle back otherwise when he goes back they will look for it in the trash)
*Check out they come get you and leave your husband there to clean. Mine was left there for almost two hours because the FV coordinator and to check a couple of us out.

Thats all I can think of now so ask away.
FINALLY!I'm so glad someone finally got a visit, I was wondering if anyone was getting them! Question....how long did it take you from your husband applying to getting your actual date? We're just waiting on our certified copy of our marriage license. I was wondering, once that's in his c file how long does it take them to process everything and schedule you?! Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
FINALLY!I'm so glad someone finally got a visit, I was wondering if anyone was getting them! Question....how long did it take you from your husband applying to getting your actual date? We're just waiting on our certified copy of our marriage license. I was wondering, once that's in his c file how long does it take them to process everything and schedule you?! Thanks!!!
It's my understanding once the FV Coordinator gets the request, he schedules every other Thursday so your husband will have a date within a couple weeks at most from the time the coordinator gets it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizzybeth For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (02-06-2017), sidewalker (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
It's my understanding once the FV Coordinator gets the request, he schedules every other Thursday so your husband will have a date within a couple weeks at most from the time the coordinator gets it.
Thank You! Now hopefully Kern County gets on it and doesn't take forever to send our certificate

I'm going to assume over the counter medication is still completely off limits right?
Old 02-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thank You! Now hopefully Kern County gets on it and doesn't take forever to send our certificate

I'm going to assume over the counter medication is still completely off limits right?
That is correct, no over counter. When I got married in Kern I got my cert FAST and when I called the lady over the was really nice but that was years ago. hope you get it sooner then later
a
The Following User Says Thank You to bizzybeth For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
That is correct, no over counter. When I got married in Kern I got my cert FAST and when I called the lady over the was really nice but that was years ago. hope you get it sooner then later
a
Thanks for all the info! Hopefully we get a date soon! :::Fingers crossed:::
Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 PM

Hey I need some help! To anyone who is currently getting fv...How long did it take from the time you submitted application to the time you were approved?!?! My husbands counselor is going SO slow, we can't get information from anyone, it's been months! I know they got our application because they sent our marriage license back to me. It's just so frustrating, and I don't want to go over the counselors head with it because I don't want my husband to suffer if it pisses someone off that I went to the captain. So do any of you ladies have the secret to how the F*ck you got your applications approved without waiting 63846 years?!?!?!
Old 05-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hey I need some help! To anyone who is currently getting fv...How long did it take from the time you submitted application to the time you were approved?!?! My husbands counselor is going SO slow, we can't get information from anyone, it's been months! I know they got our application because they sent our marriage license back to me. It's just so frustrating, and I don't want to go over the counselors head with it because I don't want my husband to suffer if it pisses someone off that I went to the captain. So do any of you ladies have the secret to how the F*ck you got your applications approved without waiting 63846 years?!?!?!
Nope. Mine took 63840 years. it was done 3 times because they were "lost" Sorry
Old 05-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Nope. Mine took 63840 years. it was done 3 times because they were "lost" Sorry

Yup...im finding this out...we finally got approved weeks ago and it magically never made it to the fv office....lost i imagine....we've got a better chance of transferring and getting them before we ever get one here, lol. And the fv office told me they're already scheduled out till end of october....im over it at this place haha...
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 AM

I'm hoping there's ladies still on this page getting family visits. as of now we are getting slightly screwed. Because every yard is using A and B yard facilities we are having to wait 5 months now for our FV's. I have heard the funding was approved to repair the units on C and D yard but they haven't done anything. I'm hoping to get some women together to write and call the warden, join IFC and start putting pressure on them to fix the units. Now that more people are qualifying for FV the wait will get even longer unless we hold their feet to the fire and get them to repair the unusable units at the facility. Let me know if y'all are on here and getting visits, I want to get something going.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:49 PM

I have a fv scheduled for july...I was wondering if they have stoves inside the units...I want to b able to cook...
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 PM

No stove, no toaster....only a microwave. You have to order food from an approved vendor like walkenhorsts...
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
Chucheswifey (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the info...I honestly don't know how to cook n microwaves...lol...its going to b hard trying to pick food items to cook...
Old 05-07-2018, 07:06 PM

Is it your first FV? If so let your husband pick the food, they know all the tricks to cooking that stuff, lol.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Is it your first FV? If so let your husband pick the food, they know all the tricks to cooking that stuff, lol.
Its my first n tehachapi...the other prisons that hes been at all had a stove...
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Yeah, this spot operates on a whole different level, lol. Fyi, hot water doesn't last long at all, there's no DVD library thing except a couple kids movies, microwave only....