Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Default How I do add an Arkansas Google number to my non-Arkansas cell?

Does anyone know how I may add an Arkansas number, Google number to my non-Arkansas cell phone. The current rate for my loved one to call on my non-Arkansas cell phone number is ridiculously expensive withGTL.

Please help!

(Edited by mod to remove quoted post so this post can be moved to the State forum.)

Last edited by Renee; 10-14-2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Removed quoted post so this post can be moved to the State forum
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 01:55 PM

Arrow Cheaper calls without Changing My Number

Does anyone know how we may enjoy cheaper calls without me changing my current number? Does Google have a feature that you can add to your current number? PLEASE help.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:21 PM

Thanked 4,951 Times in 3,184 Posts

Since your question is state specific, I've moved your thread so the people most familiar with the Arkansas system can help. Just a heads up, Google Voice is a call forwarding service, and most facilities don’t allow it. A simple phone call to the facility to find out IF they allow Google Voice or another cost saving program can never hurt! Please be aware that it is against DOC rules for an inmate to use “third party” services that try to reduce prison call costs like GoogleVoice, ConsCallHome, or PrisonCallSolutions. Those services forward calls to another line, and call forwarding is not allowed. If you have GoogleVoice or one of these other services and your loved one is calling you, you are breaking DOC rules. When the DOC finds out (and they will eventually), you will lose visitation and phone privileges. Google Voice forwards calls to a different line; they even talk about it on their own help desk site. Facilities have the technology to detect forwarded calls. When the facility detects a forwarded call (and it could be tomorrow or years from now), there are consequences. Those consequences can include blocked calls and losing visitation. I know the calls are expensive, but we have to follow their rules. I'm sorry. It’s better to be safe than sorry! Call the facility first!

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 10-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Donation Award 

Renee,

That is not exactly true anymore. Recent FCC ruling has firmed up the governments thoughts on using ConsCallHome.

Full ruling here;

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7520945650

For a large majority of prison pay phone providers CCH can get the call setup very easily now. The others are coming around very fast with continued FCC pressure on helping inmates families.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by besties4life
Does anyone know how I may add an Arkansas number, Google number to my non-Arkansas cell phone. The current rate for my loved one to call on my non-Arkansas cell phone number is ridiculously expensive withGTL. Please help! (Edited by mod to remove quoted post so this post can be moved to the State forum.)
I haven't been able to find an Arkansas number available through google voice in almost two years... But if you did, then all you have to do is fill out the form to add that number to your loved ones approved phone list and that's it! He'll be able to call you! But keep in mind that you will be adding funds to your google voice number not your regular number.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:35 PM

You can get a skype local number to where your loved one is incacerated, then have the skype number forwarded to your cell.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 PM

This is just a warning. A simple phone call to the facility to find out IF they allow Google Voice or another cost saving program can never hurt! Please be aware that it is against DOC rules for an inmate to use “third party” services that try to reduce prison call costs like GoogleVoice, and the many others. Those services forward calls to another line, and call forwarding is not allowed. DOCs consider any phone number that goes somewhere else first rather than the intended recipient to be call forwarding. The safer route is to change your phone number to a number local to the prison - or add an extra line and get a cheap cell phone with a local number. Why pay an outside company? If you have GoogleVoice or one of these other services and your loved one is calling you, you are breaking DOC rules. When the DOC finds out (and they will eventually), you will lose visitation and phone privileges. Google Voice forwards calls to a different line; they even talk about it on their own help desk site. Facilities have the technology to detect forwarded calls. When the facility detects a forwarded call (and it could be tomorrow or years from now), there are consequences. Those consequences can include blocked calls and losing visitation. I know the calls are expensive, but we have to follow their rules. I'm sorry. It’s better to be safe than sorry! Call the facility first!

[/color][/size][/center]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
HisRib31 (11-01-2013), patchouli (11-01-2013), SadTodd (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 PM

I know federal prisons now detect and block things like Google Voice, Skype, Magic Jack, etc.

I just picked up a cheap "pay as you go" cell phone and got a number local to the prison and get (relatively) cheap phone calls
The Following User Says Thank You to SadTodd For This Useful Post:
auntie2 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by besties4life View Post
Does anyone know how we may enjoy cheaper calls without me changing my current number? Does Google have a feature that you can add to your current number? PLEASE help.
I have page plus phone with area code for Belmont and it only cost LO a dollar for 15 min
The Following User Says Thank You to auntie2 For This Useful Post:
HisRib31 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie2 View Post
I have page plus phone with area code for Belmont and it only cost LO a dollar for 15 min
I checked out the website and appreciate the flexible payment plans, prepaid minutes are good for 120 days..I'll be going this route most definitely!

Thanks auntie2!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm happy you found something that works for you! Just remember my warning… I'd hate to see you lose visitation and/or phone privileges.

[/color][/size][/center]