Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Hell or Highwater

Default East Jersey State Prison

Who else has a loved one there? Can you shed a little light on what your contact visits are like? I will be going for my first one there a few months from now and I am just wondering what to expect. Spare no details
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Account Closed

My husband is there. Visits are saturday and sunday. The wing he is on will determine weather his visits are Saturday a.m. and sunday p.m. or the other way around. If you want to buy bottled water during your visit bring just enough money to buy tokens. You can not take any money in the visiting hall. Registration begins at 7:45 a. m. and 11:45 p.m. It sounds as if you are planning to visit in the spring or summer. Do not wear anything tight or see through. Your shoulders must be covered. Nothing sleeveless. You can wear sandals but they must have a strap around the back. No flip flops. Don not wear anything tan or orange. Make sure you have his state number with you when you register. That is the one without the letter at the end. I am sure I am forgetting something so if you think of any other questions PM me.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Happy it is cool again!

My friend's husband is there. She recently told me that the CO's are getting more strict. Like if your jeans are even alittle flattering you best wear a top that covers your butt. Also the sleeves on your top should not be too short, covering biceps should be good, and no holes, ie if you wear a sweater. Absolutely no leggings.