Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Childcare issues

I was just wondering if anyone could point me to a good, relatively inexpensive childcare facility. I just started working and am having trouble getting caught up. My son is 4 and I pulled him out of his school for this week until I get a paycheck. They called me and were very nasty and said they were not a drop off day care and good luck finding someone who will work with me. He is not allowed to come back there. He is temporarily staying with a friend who is 8 months pregnant, so I can work. She can't watch him any longer than necessary. We live in Largo and I work in Redington Beach, so I am lookiing for somewhere close or on the way. I only need someone or somewhere until the 1st, because that's when my husband is getting out. Any ideas? I am not opposed to home childcare. It just really hurts my feelings that people don't want to be understanding. I have paid them in cash for almost 3 months. I know people have policies, but that doesn't mean you should talk to someone like dirt. They were so mean I cried. Anyway, if anyone knows of a place please let me know. My life is just crummy right now. I can't win for loosing.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
strong enough

If you are working have you applied for Early Learning Coalition to assist you with child care also Child Care Resources in your town. They may be under different names in the phone book, but look under child care and see if there are organizations to help find a center and possible help with cost depending on your income
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Rice2good2be=4gotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycook View Post
I was just wondering if anyone could point me to a good, relatively inexpensive childcare facility. I just started working and am having trouble getting caught up. My son is 4 and I pulled him out of his school for this week until I get a paycheck. They called me and were very nasty and said they were not a drop off day care and good luck finding someone who will work with me. He is not allowed to come back there. He is temporarily staying with a friend who is 8 months pregnant, so I can work. She can't watch him any longer than necessary. We live in Largo and I work in Redington Beach, so I am lookiing for somewhere close or on the way. I only need someone or somewhere until the 1st, because that's when my husband is getting out. Any ideas? I am not opposed to home childcare. It just really hurts my feelings that people don't want to be understanding. I have paid them in cash for almost 3 months. I know people have policies, but that doesn't mean you should talk to someone like dirt. They were so mean I cried. Anyway, if anyone knows of a place please let me know. My life is just crummy right now. I can't win for loosing.
It's alright sweetheart, keep your head up. Don't let this situation
stress you they were just mad because it was going to be less pay
for them. I would suggest looking online @ facilities within your
area and of course different churches. Alot of churches have good
daycare/pre K programs. Does any of the schools have Pre K programs
because he is 4 correct? They may even be able to refer you to a
agency for single parents/low income to help pay for it. I know your
time is limited but you don't want that sweet baby boy going to just
any old body because his wellfare and safety are important.
If all else fails I would see if I could take a leave of absence
for those 2wks if necessary and go down to your local well fare
office and sign him up for what ever programs they have available.
You are also able to visit to places and make sure they are up to par.
Craigslist also has good private babysitters but I don't know the cost.
Blessings to you it will work out, just remember your baby comes before
the job.

LOVE N BLESSINGS 2 YOU.
KIMI06

KIMI06
Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
If you are working have you applied for Early Learning Coalition to assist you with child care also Child Care Resources in your town. They may be under different names in the phone book, but look under child care and see if there are organizations to help find a center and possible help with cost depending on your income
I use to volunteer for the one in my county...it's a very good program if there is one if your county!! You can also go on I belive it's the department of children and families website...and I'm not sure exactly where on the site...but they have a list of affordable daycares!