Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Default How do they get drugs in jail?

This bothers me a lot. I know someone who graduated to shooting heroin while in. I'm worried for my friend currently incarcerated.

I think he will do drugs since he is an alcoholic with no alcohol and the setting is miserable.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 454 Posts
Default very easy

People from the outside bring them in. Whether its a c/o or people visiting.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Beautiful One

Drugs are brought in by both the officers and visitors and they make alcohol from fermented fruit and others foods they eat. So, the alcohol is available. They also mix a concation of benadryl, coffee, soda, & candy that makes them drunk/high too.

Maybe he will be strong enuff 2 stay away from it.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I doubt it - that's what put him in. DUI and drug possesion. Three days out of county jail last year he failed a drug test.

*sigh*

I am so worried about drugs and needles and fights.....I wish he'd get released already.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 PM

Sometimes the CO's bring it in...unfortunately
Old 10-11-2006, 11:16 AM

"They also mix a concation of benadryl, coffee, soda, & candy that makes them drunk/high too."

Deon - can you help me better understand this?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:20 AM

No alcohol? Really? Believe me when I worked in corrections, I used to find alcohol fermenting in the ranges all the time. What a foul smell that was. As for drugs, when inmates would go to the doctor and he felt that they did not need the drugs they were asking for, he'd tell them to get their drugs at the pharmacie. By that he meant the inner courtyard of the institution where inmates were able to get whatever they wanted in terms of street drugs. But, if he's going to do it, he will. Not much you can do. As for how they get in, there are so many ways:- guards bring it in for a price; women bring it in to the husbands in the clothing of their children or in their bra, any number of ways; they are brought in my companies which make deliveries to the institution and a former inmate or friend of an inmate works there; the lawyers bring it in to their clients. So very simply, if there's a way, they'll find it.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Wow. I'm just naive about all this!!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Beautiful One

Benadryl contains diphenhydramine that causes you to sleep (downer)

Coffee & Soda contain caffine that cause you to stay awake (upper)

The candy is a sweentener, it's added for flavor

The combination of the uppers and downers causes a high/drunk effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaievNewlywed
"They also mix a concation of benadryl, coffee, soda, & candy that makes them drunk/high too."

Deon - can you help me better understand this?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 AM
I am back yet again

Balloons, they bring it in small balloons and the inmates swallow them and then you figure out the rest! This is one way! I know thre are several other ways too.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Missing my Soulmate

I have heard that some of the guys that are big in size can sneek it in in there belly-button, which of course is brought in by family members and friends. I pray my husband doesnt get near any of that stuff everyday.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 AM

I guess there are many many ways if someone wants it bad enough. Yes, I have heard of C/O's bringing it in, for big $$$$$$$$. Any and every way you can think of has prob. been done to get access to what is wanted.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Unreal I was hoping for forced detox from drugs and alcohol. He swears he never did or does drugs, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 PM

Ive heard of tennis balls slit open and stuffed simply thrown over the yard fence. Were my husband is at this is very possible sense the yard fence butts up to a main road leaving town. I dont understand people that say there going to be clean when they get out and still use while in, now thats insane, sick thinking.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melindaknapp
Ive heard of tennis balls slit open and stuffed simply thrown over the yard fence. Were my husband is at this is very possible sense the yard fence butts up to a main road leaving town. I dont understand people that say there going to be clean when they get out and still use while in, now thats insane, sick thinking.
Thats why we are not allowed to visit outside anymore. And we are stuck in that little bitty room sitting across from each other. Ticks me off.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Danielle

Working in Corrections, I had what is most commonly referred to as a snitch. He would tell me when drugs would hit the yard and when they were in my pod. He wouldn't tell me anymore than the fact it was coming from an officer - higher ranking. I no longer work in corrections, because the officers are more crooked than the inmates. I asked my "snitch" about what it was they were taking and he told me if I could figure it out he'd tell me if I was right. After much research and observing the guys, I figured it out. They were on a mix of Meth and Heroin, and then whatever else was thown in the mix (weed, cocaine, etc.). I asked him about it and he told me I did good on my research, and that they don't always know what they are taking. They get the downers, uppers, emotional drugs (makes them sad or angry) and then when they come down off of them they hit an all time low - sometimes sleeping for 48 hours or more! Now that I am not in corrections I still keep in contact with my "snitch". We are fairly good friends and he'd like to be more, but I know he's not clean like he's supposed to be, and if he can't say no in the prison, he can't say no on the streets. It's sad to think that they are put in prison with hopes that they will come out clean, but it's almost easier to get drugs inside the prison than it is on the outside. Most commonly, at the prison I was at, the Officers brought it in. Sad thing, but the visitors were all checked by the drug dog, and the officers walked in every day NEVER crossing paths with the drug dog. Guess we know what REALLY NEEDS to be done, but probably NEVER will.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

The tennis ball thing brought a smile to my face. A while back there was a woman who's husband was incarcerated for a really long time and she wanted to get pregnant. He used a ziplock, stuck it in a tennis ball and threw it over the fence to her, and she ran to the clinic with it. After a couple of attempts, she became pregnant. Being that there were no conjugals in her state - the CO's started to wonder. Someone inside ratted them out and he caught another case - and she was also prosecuted.

As for the drugs - seriously - anything they want - anytime they want - as long as they can pay for it one way or another. And it is SUPER expensive. A bit of weed the size of a pill is like $20. So if he has canteen, he can get anything he wants. And many inmates go into debt behind drugs, and then the real insanity starts.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Wow. Well, I just hope he isn't doing any of that.

He swears he doesn't do drugs and I hope that is the truth.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:41 AM

Its unfortunate that a few ruin things like outside visits for all with things like this. My and the hubby talk occasional on how it would be nice to have our visits outside. We are aware that his prison once had this before he got there. They at one time also allowed for the visitor to order food from outside delivery places, once again same thing. (this was way back in the day) We were also told about furloughs once upon a time until several high profile crimes were happing, come to find out it was an inmate out on a furlough.

Just recently while on a visit an individual decided they wanted to smuggle something in. There was no movement for roughly two hours and unfortunate for those waiting to go back and coming in for a visit also very unfortunate for the hubby who needed to use the restroom.

Why would you risk doing this as a visitor? Its a nice charge for yourself, loss of visits and possible charges for the inmate as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 AM

I'm shocked that this is even being discussed here on the forum. This a free site and accessed by anyone who wants to know...All the mixing ingredients, the tennis balls...Come on now...Isn't it enough that they already take away so much from them..?.Do you have to give them more reasons..? .Ya, I guess some are nieve.. .Seriously, think before you post.. Too many eyes can see...Just looking out. ..
Old 12-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by momfriendwife
I'm shocked that this is even being discussed here on the forum. This a free site and accessed by anyone who wants to know...All the mixing ingredients, the tennis balls...Come on now...Isn't it enough that they already take away so much from them..?.Do you have to give them more reasons..? .Ya, I guess some are nieve.. .Seriously, think before you post.. Too many eyes can see...Just looking out. ..
What are you talking about? Its not like they dont know. Hell thats why visitation is so rough on all of us. One person does something stupid and we are all punished.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_2006
What are you talking about? Its not like they dont know. Hell thats why visitation is so rough on all of us. One person does something stupid and we are all punished.
I'm only saying this because, alot of the Co's know who we are...As it is we get enough attention when we visit...I agree with you on this though....Something stupid by one person is all it takes...And even I have to admit the tennis balls was a new one for me...Just be careful...
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 PM

I agree with Melissa what we know is just a teeny tiny tip of the ice berg on this. The inmates have far more advanced techniques then we are aver going to know about. These are just the simple every day common ones. If someone is searching this site looking for ideas to smuggle drugs in to an inmate our petty ways are not going to help them out much. I could understand if the ideas that were being discussed were detailed and intricate in nature but that is not the case. If an inmate or visitor wanted to smuggle drugs in, there going to do it regardless. They do not care how tight visitation is or what it my do to other people visiting there only though is getting these drugs in at what ever cost.

Also a few months ago a major news program on prime time aired very detailed ways to smuggle drugs in. Every day in my area meth production is discussed on TV and some ingredients are listed. I believe more people are being reached by these forms of mass media then this web site.

I believe most of us here are sincere about wanting our visits and wanting drugs out of the prisons. There will always be a select few who will bring drugs in at whatever cost.

I understand very much your concern but these are criminals locked up with other criminals they have plenty of time to figure these things out for themselves. It is a terrible to hear that a person's addiction is so strong that imprisonment is not a determent.

Each prison has its own means of security, so I would think the way drugs are smuggled in very from each one, the tennis ball idea thing is very common were my inmate is at. Yet it really never happens do to the ground patrol and perimeter patrol.

Personally for myself this is something I would never do, but in my opinion an inmate asking someone to do this does not care, love or respect that person.

Last edited by Melindaknapp; 12-07-2006 at 11:20 PM..
Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Question Authority!

I once saw a woman smuggle a burito in in her bra! My husband and I would sit at visit and I would comment on how mean an inmate was being to his wife/girlfriemd and he would tell me that it wasn't a wife or girlfriend, it was the guys mule! I was told that any contraband smuggling could get the inmate 5 years added on his term! And the person smuggling could get charges but would also lose visits FOREVER in any CA prison! Who would take thoe chances? And you're right Melindaknapp , any man who would ask a loved one to do it, doesn't love them or respect them, or has a large monkey on his back!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Learning the Ropes

I just wish that all the energy that goes into this drug thing could go into positive things.
Obviously all parties are smart enough....they just need to apply it to more beneficial areas.