Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Correctional Training Facility located in Soledad, California.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 AM

I got a letter today. My hubby said they cut morning yard n not letting them make calls.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMacias2010 View Post
I got a letter today. My hubby said they cut morning yard n not letting them make calls.
Wow! Thank you for the info. I got a letter yesterday and he briefly talked about about yard...the day he wrote the letter he was waiting for yard to call me. Of course that day (thursday of last week) he was able to call. Let's see if something changes. Thanks again for the info!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM

So do they got yard at all ?? Later in the day or none period? How long are they doing this for if anyone knows
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM

Last I heard during this last weekends visit that they were shutting down the yard in the morning for package distribution. They are so backed up on getting packages out that they have resorted to this. Even though they are only shutting down morning yard they are rarely allowing the afternoon yard. However at this moment I believe they are on a lockdown because my husband has a job at night that allows him to call at night and I haven't heard from him. Let's hope this passes soon and that we all get to hear from our loved ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daft1144 For This Useful Post:
Ramira34 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft1144 View Post
Last I heard during this last weekends visit that they were shutting down the yard in the morning for package distribution. They are so backed up on getting packages out that they have resorted to this. Even though they are only shutting down morning yard they are rarely allowing the afternoon yard. However at this moment I believe they are on a lockdown because my husband has a job at night that allows him to call at night and I haven't heard from him. Let's hope this passes soon and that we all get to hear from our loved ones.

I'm speechless!!!! I'm in tears just reading this, it's a shame that these men have to go through things like this. I mean I see where CTF is coming from, but wow....I'm speechless. Well I hope and pray this ends soon.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

I worked at CTF as a nurse and this is the way it is. I once kept track for a couple months and they seem to keep them on modified program 10 to 14 days per month. It is regular and consistent whether packages need picked up or for some other reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
shrte78 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1abc1 View Post
I worked at CTF as a nurse and this is the way it is. I once kept track for a couple months and they seem to keep them on modified program 10 to 14 days per month. It is regular and consistent whether packages need picked up or for some other reason.

Thank you for the info. I can understand things like that will happen....I appreciate you posting. I sometimes let my worries get the best of me. You've eased my heart and mind.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM

I for one still think its BS regardless of CTF's reasons these men don't have much but a few hours outside, visits, mail, packages, and their phone calls to look forward to and it seems that at every turn these few things are taken away. There has to be something that can be done.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I for one still think its BS regardless of CTF's reasons these men don't have much but a few hours outside, visits, mail, packages, and their phone calls to look forward to and it seems that at every turn these few things are taken away. There has to be something that can be done.

I hear ya! When I visited my man not too long ago, we talked about this very issue. I want to understand the logic, but at times I must say they get treated poorly. They make everything impossible or seem impossible. It hurts me tons to know the things he goes through on a daily. I wish I could do something and I know there's got to be a way to do something, but then I just don't know how or what to do. I understand these men are paying dues to society, but really?!?! I can't even find words anymore. I don't get it. The whole system is f___d up (sorry). Beside myself right now....
The Following User Says Thank You to shrte78 For This Useful Post:
Daft1144 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrte78 View Post
I hear ya! When I visited my man not too long ago, we talked about this very issue. I want to understand the logic, but at times I must say they get treated poorly. They make everything impossible or seem impossible. It hurts me tons to know the things he goes through on a daily. I wish I could do something and I know there's got to be a way to do something, but then I just don't know how or what to do. I understand these men are paying dues to society, but really?!?! I can't even find words anymore. I don't get it. The whole system is f___d up (sorry). Beside myself right now....
No need to say sorry I COMPLETELY get ya...They are treated very poorly. My husband is denied pain management for a recent surgery...how the hell is that humane?! Trust me when I say we are on exactly the same page. I have already contacted the ombudsman and I am working on writing the warden.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No need to say sorry I COMPLETELY get ya...They are treated very poorly. My husband is denied pain management for a recent surgery...how the hell is that humane?! Trust me when I say we are on exactly the same page. I have already contacted the ombudsman and I am working on writing the warden.
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. More power to you on what you're doing! I hope and pray that your voice is heard. It's incredible the things they go through and for what reason?! I will make sure to keep you in my prayers. Please keep me posted, if possible. I want to be involved with anything that will make a change!! I think I've signed every petition, have voted for anything that can possibly make a change. My hope for the future...lifers to regain their family visits.....faith keeps me going!
The Following User Says Thank You to shrte78 For This Useful Post:
Daft1144 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. More power to you on what you're doing! I hope and pray that your voice is heard. It's incredible the things they go through and for what reason?! I will make sure to keep you in my prayers. Please keep me posted, if possible. I want to be involved with anything that will make a change!! I think I've signed every petition, have voted for anything that can possibly make a change. My hope for the future...lifers to regain their family visits.....faith keeps me going!
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. Im sure if enough of us raise hell and make a stink somehow this will get someones attention. I realize just like the rest of us that these guys are there paying their debts to society...but I am also positive that there needs to be a line drawn between right and wrong and down right inhumane! After all they're human too. It breaks my heart to see them go through this kind of treatment.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. Im sure if enough of us raise hell and make a stink somehow this will get someones attention. I realize just like the rest of us that these guys are there paying their debts to society...but I am also positive that there needs to be a line drawn between right and wrong and down right inhumane! After all they're human too. It breaks my heart to see them go through this kind of treatment.

Your welcome. These are men are our husbands, boyfriends, brothers, fathers, etc. We must be their voice....so my feelings are exactly as yours. They are paying a debt, but there has to be a line drawn. It's easy to forget at times that we are the windows to the outside world and if we can do something for them like "raise hell" then, may God give us the strength!! God bless you! I pray that in time things change!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Your welcome. These are men are our husbands, boyfriends, brothers, fathers, etc. We must be their voice....so my feelings are exactly as yours. They are paying a debt, but there has to be a line drawn. It's easy to forget at times that we are the windows to the outside world and if we can do something for them like "raise hell" then, may God give us the strength!! God bless you! I pray that in time things change!!
I encourage all of you to complain as much as you can to whoever you can. Notify the ombudsman s office and anyone else who may listen. CTF has gotten away with this far too long. I am thankful my husband and I are no longer there. Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to krc1abc1 For This Useful Post:
shrte78 (02-14-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 PM

HALLELUJAH! They are not on lockdown! I just got a call from my hubby...the phones were down for the past few days and he said that the package situation is under control and (crossing fingers) we will be returning to regular schedule tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM

Finally got calls from my man yesterday! I do hope things get back to "normal". I hate when we don't talk I worry about him too much! Anyway, glad to hear ladies are getting their calls!!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM

ok i finally got a call my man is at Lansor b if thats how you spell it. I talked to his counselor this am and she said they have been getting modified yard every other day for afternoon only and that any one who is up for transfer is being transferred very very soon is what she said. My man is going to ironwood. Hope its better. but then he called and said he hasnt got yard all week that today was his first day allowed out. so happy to hear from him and happy hes getting transferred. out of that hell hole
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcortez13 For This Useful Post:
Ramira34 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM

So my man will be out of soledad tomorrow at 1am. hes going to ironwood so I am saying goodbye to the group. Will go into ironwood group now. Hope nothing but the best for your guys and your men ...leave it up to god , god is good
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcortez13 View Post
So my man will be out of soledad tomorrow at 1am. hes going to ironwood so I am saying goodbye to the group. Will go into ironwood group now. Hope nothing but the best for your guys and your men ...leave it up to god , god is good
Thanks for all your posts and good luck to you both!

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty For This Useful Post:
Ramira34 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Phones down??? or Lockdown??
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Phones down??? or Lockdown??
I'm going to go with both. When I talked to my man last week he said the phones had been down, but he also mentioned they weren't running yard much. I haven't gotten a call since last Friday. Glad you posted I was just going to do the same and ask the same questions. I hate this!!! I worry too much!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 PM

Well I last talked to my hubby on monday and he said that they had returned to somewhat of a normal schedule. Last week the phones were mysteriously down. He also mentioned he had a strange feeling that they were gonna go on lockdown soon. Im guessing its a convenient mixture of both. Can we say RIDICULOUS?!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Well I last talked to my hubby on monday and he said that they had returned to somewhat of a normal schedule. Last week the phones were mysteriously down. He also mentioned he had a strange feeling that they were gonna go on lockdown soon. Im guessing its a convenient mixture of both. Can we say RIDICULOUS?!
WOW!!!! Ridiculous is right. I don't get it....it's incredible the things they do. I was hoping to hear from him and I didn't these past few days. I HATE this!!! I hate when I don't hear from him. Right when things seem to be normal they do something like this. Apparently the phones were down for a few days....I don't believe that. I really hope to get a call.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 AM

I got a very quick phone call last night...I'm so pissed and at a loss for words right now. Things are so messed up in there right now. I've got a call into the ombudsman.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I got a very quick phone call last night...I'm so pissed and at a loss for words right now. Things are so messed up in there right now. I've got a call into the ombudsman.
Did your husband mention what is going on? I hate to hear news like this. I haven't talked to my man since and it freakin' pisses me off. I know it's not him, but the circumstances of what's going on in there. I get sad and stressed. I hope for better days and when it seems that things are just getting back to normal we get hit with a lock down or phones "not working."