Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:57 PM

Default Inmate receiving mail during lockdown?

My hubby is in Warkworth Institute and they have been locked down for 5 days and based on the email I received from V&C, sounds like it's going to go through until next week for an exceptional search...I've sent him quite a few things in the mail before the lockdown happened which I assume probably was received and processed by now.

ny question is, will the prison still deliver their mail? or will it be held until the lockdown is over? I've read quite a few American posts that say depending on why the prison is on lockdown, the inmates will still receive their mail

just hoping they deliver them as they were lyrics to songs which I figure at this rate, he could really use them during this time

**sorry if there is already a forum for this**
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2019, 10:51 PM
OnparoleinTO

My understanding is there is no mail delivery during lockdowns. Mail delivery to cells can be haphazard in any case and often depends on the particular COs who happen to be working.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg0416 View Post
My hubby is in Warkworth Institute and they have been locked down for 5 days and based on the email I received from V&C, sounds like it's going to go through until next week for an exceptional search...I've sent him quite a few things in the mail before the lockdown happened which I assume probably was received and processed by now.

ny question is, will the prison still deliver their mail? or will it be held until the lockdown is over? I've read quite a few American posts that say depending on why the prison is on lockdown, the inmates will still receive their mail

just hoping they deliver them as they were lyrics to songs which I figure at this rate, he could really use them during this time

**sorry if there is already a forum for this**
Good day,
I'm not sure how Canada works however the facilities in America allow all mail to see be delivered as regular. Hoping that the same works for Canada. Stay strong.