Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Maryland prison system.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Exclamation Inmates Stabbed at House Of Correction

Stabbings Injure 2 At Jessup House Of Correction

(AP) JESSUP, Md. WJZ.COM has learned two inmates were stabbed early Saturday morning at the House of Correction in Jessup.

The stabbings happened during a fight that broke out about 3:45 a.m. in the facility's "H" dormitory, Division of Correction spokesman George Gregory said. The two men were assaulted by three other inmates, Gregory said.

"Weapons were recovered from the scene and it's under investigation," Gregory said.

One of the injured inmates was taken by helicopter to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, and the other was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, Gregory said.

"At this time, I don't have an update on their conditions," Gregory said.

Both injured inmates are 23 years old. One was serving a 15-year sentence for assault and robbery with a deadly weapon. The other was serving a five-year sentence for assault and possession of drugs.

In July, correctional officer David McGuinn was fatally stabbed at the facility.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 AM

I wish they'd move my penpal OUT of that place Everytime i see something like this, my heart nearly stops til i've read it and realise it isn't him.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

I wonder if they are going to go on lockdown again for this? I am curious.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:02 AM

the letter was written 5 days ago ( it takes th at long to get here ) i am in UK - well ireland - so same time diff

I have said all i know and am praying ioi don't get banned for it
Old 02-05-2007, 09:03 AM

sory - thought uwere repy;ing to my post xxxxxxxxx
Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

I was replying to your post. I am just curious if this will result in yet another lockdown. They were locked down for a very long tiome after the officer was killed this summer, and now I am curious as if this incident will also result in yet another lockdown over there. Seems they tend to do that when the incident involves an officer getting killed or injured but wonder if it will be treated the same because it involved inmates vs inmates?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:59 AM

Well, i just got a letter mailed out on the 5th, so looks like everthings 'normal' for now