Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Maryland prison system.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Al's Woman

Post Three Inmates Stabbed At House Of Corrections

Here we go again! What the hell can we do about this? Where do we begin??? Our loved ones in inside who do not cause or get involved in this...especially many older inmates, many who have more than served their time, do not deserve this.

Here's the story from WJZ-TV:
http://wjz.com/local/local_story_258225050.html
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.
<HR noShade SIZE=1>
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens
can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Margaret Mead
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Mrs.Himbrick

You are so telling the truth. and I haven't spoken to my husband in about a week because of that stupid a$$ phone company T-netix or whoever it is. I'm just hoping my husband wasn't hurt in that incident, but he is gonna suffer for it, and if this crap keeps happening, its gonna have an affect on our visits. The closer he gets to me, the more crap that pops off

Mr.and Mrs. James T. Himbrick Jr.
Some people pray for our downfall, but our love conquers all.
-James Himbrick
(I LOVE YOU)
Old 09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
on cloud 9

You know what I'm starting to believe that the prison just doesn't want or care if this stop now
Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Donation Award 

I don't think the prison system wants this to continue to happen either. The COs are just as frightened as some of the inmates. This is just a bigger problem than can possibly be handled quickly. This has probably always happened, its just that since the media is focused on Maryland prisons right now and the officers themselves are scared, it is getting much more publicity than it normally would have. There has always been violence in prisons, but thank god the media is giving this problem the attention it deserves. My brother recently got out of jail in Baltimore and he said everyone carries a shank. He didn't because he said he didn't want to have to use it, but its just a risk you take. Some of these inmates are obviously in prison for a reason and violence is the only thing they understand especially if they are not looking at freedom for a long time. He told me one story of one new inmate who was targeted by several others for some reason....they kept saying they were going to get him....when they finally did and he pulled out his own shank... it was the only thing that saved him. Because they weren't expecting this skinny little guy to fight back.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm his ride or die

I don't think that they do care as long as the violence is inmate to inmate.
Now, if a CO gets stabbed then they care! Also, they try to blame the current situation on gangs. That's the hot political topic right now. Most of the latest violence is not gang related.
They also need to do something about the corruption which includes many of those who are wearing badges.
The lockdown has not stopped the violence so when are they going
try something else. Denying our loved ones visits, showers and commisary is not the answer. They deserve to be treated humanely and with dignity.