Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Maryland prison system.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Inmate stabbed at Jessup Correctional Institution (formally Annex)

Jessup prison inmate stabbed several times

Victim, 41, was attacked today as he returned to his cell after breakfast

Sun Reporter
Originally published August 21, 2006, 12:57 PM EDT
A 41-year-old inmate at Jessup Correctional Institution was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center this morning after being stabbed several times with "homemade weapons" while returning to his jail cell from eating breakfast, said a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.

The condition of the man, who state officials did not identify, was unknown. He is serving a life sentence for homicide.

The attack occurred around 7 a.m. as inmates were returning to their cells. The victim was stabbed in the back and face, said the spokesman, George Gregory. Correctional officers found two weapons and took two suspects into custody, Gregory said. The internal investigative unit for the state agency is investigating the incident, he said.

Baltimoresun.com
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2006, 02:54 PM

damn... i'm just speechless at this point
Old 08-21-2006, 07:20 PM

when is the madness going to end. us killing us and the guards doing nothing because it less work for them. it don't make no sense, it's got to end. i feel for the all of us out here, it just as worst in there. you never know what is going to happen.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:41 AM

my oldest son mike . has been locked up again . and they moved him from jessup. after the guard was killed . he wasn't in the old jail but the newone . but when you hear of a attack of any kind the fear that goses throw you never goes away
they moved him again to skysville . i haven't been up there yet
my 2 oldest sons both have been in the system . and after losing philip you would think mike would have stayed out of trouble and stayed home
but he didn't
any way i wish people would attend this prison ralley i do think it can help
thank you melissa
8/30/84 - 2/02/05
You will never be forgotten!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
on cloud 9

I feel the same way as iwish i'm speechless
Old 08-23-2006, 05:40 AM
were better together.

im speechless too.. my boyfriend is there and it breaks my heart to know he could be a victim too... damn crazyness.
member #96- first timers club
Old 08-23-2006, 12:55 PM

This is another reason they need to reinstate learning in the jail systems. People have to realize some inmates don't live by the rule of lock them up and throw away the key and if they come home to society today and struggle and be in debt, they will likely commit another crime because they can't better themselves to get good employment. Then you have inmates who have multiple life sentences with nothing to look forward to and they're bored so they do what they do best - commit crimes. Education and counseling need to be brought back into the prison system. They also need to be sure everything is safe for the correctional officers. Locks working properly and allow the c.o.'s some type of defense to protect themselves in a bad situation. All of them should be armed with mase and a club. They just sending those officers in there with no protection for themselves. They might as well be a inmate. I'm sure most inmates are stronger than those officers that work there. They can easily be over powered. The prison system needs to stop being over looked and someone needs to care about it and be sure it's ran correctly. They need to re-evaluate the inmates security status and be sure they are housed in the correct facilities. They have some inmates that should be in supermax that's in the medium and maximum security prisons.

I AM A SUPERWOMAN FOR MY SUPERMAN

[link=http://daisypath.com][img noborder]http://dvcf.daisypath.com/1AaSm4.png[/img][/link]
Old 08-23-2006, 03:37 PM

i mean even today i still can't think of nothing to say.... that's just real sad!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Thumbs up

well mr sizer has resigned
thank god now it is mrs sairs time to step down they need educated people who under stand what the hell is going on in these prison wall
i have a lot of saport for this ralley and these are the things we will talk about for sure
melissa
8/30/84 - 2/02/05
You will never be forgotten!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM

damn thats crazy they are being real hard on inmates down there now