Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 PM

Default Wife transferred from county today, where did she go?

My wife was transferred from Decatur County Jail today, where is her RDC? How long do you think before I will hear from her? How soon can I send her money?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,506 Times in 10,361 Posts

I can't answer specifically for Indiana, but the general pattern is that she was transferred to a Classification/Intake prison. There they will evaluate her - education, physical health, mental status, prison security status, etc. - and then transferred (once or twice or three times) to a 'home' prison to begin her programming /education or whatever they deem necessary for her. In her home prison she will make arrangements for voice identification (or other system) for making phone calls, so you need to set up an account with the appropriate company (read around in the Indiana stickies, the posts at the top of the pages that hold important info).

Much will depend on her classification as to security risk, so nobody can tell you without more info just where she will go.

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,057 Times in 510 Posts

Women's RDC is normally at Rockville. I think I put money on the books for my son when he was at RDC but i mailed a money order . When he went to his home prison it took forever for the money to br transferred. Now Indiana requires you to be on an approved visitors list to put money on for them and you can do so through jpay. You can pull a vsitors form from the state IDOC website and get it ready to send in . Be sure to have everything filled in and accurate . They want a photo of you license and if you miss t the application will not be processed . Hope it goes quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
nimuay (09-04-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 03:30 PM

She has been there in RDC since last Thursday. I still haven't heard from her. I don't know if she has access to the money I have put on Jpay or anything really. Thanks for everyones help
Old 11-17-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreed View Post
My wife was transferred from Decatur County Jail today, where is her RDC? How long do you think before I will hear from her? How soon can I send her money?
Thanks
My partner was transferred from a level 2 to a level 1, so this may not be the exact same. It took about 2 weeks for money I sent to the level 2 to make it into his commissary account at the level 1.

I don't know if you know this - part of your question seemed to be about whereabouts.

Months ago I asked my guy should I use SAVIN to track where he was at any given time. He said no, it wouldn't work. I asked him after I already did it.

When he was transferred to level 1 I was notified that same day, and I knew everything about it. I messaged him on jpay and said something about it and he was surprised i knew where he was (not that i knew he had left level 1).

in fact, he was supposed to be (and last i had heard before he got moved) going to work release but they couldn't find a bed. nobody at home but me and his mom knew where he actually went. that's what surprised him the most.

so if you don't already use SAVIN you might want to register for it. it's for victims i think, but i had no problem registering and it worked.