Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM

Default Interstate compact - Rules/ confusion

I have a question that I really don't know if I want an answer to because I don't want any bad news but I need to know... My husband made parole in Mississippi and we are currently waiting for the interstate compact approval/denial, so he is still in custody. He gave them my CA address as his permanent address so I thought that because we were married and I financially support him he'd be able to come home after the long wait but now I'm not so sure. As I read different threads on here it appears that you just never know if someone will get approved or not, and the sending state doesn't get to approve you for transfer. I'm in California, is there any chance my husband will get approved to come home to me? I'd relocate but I'm a teacher who has a job here in CA next year and I have CA credentials. To relocate to Mississippi and get a MS teaching credential is going to be more difficult than for him to come here. Any advice on what I should be doing? Very sad and confused. Here I thought we made it through the hard part but even though he did his time, we still don't have any idea what is going on....

Any advice is welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 11:54 AM

My husband just approved and relocated this summer here to Nevada from MS. The process seemed to be easy for him. I realize that isnt the case for everyone. They have at least one person in each probation office that handles interstate compact requests. The probation officer in MS filled out his request and told him the biggest help is proving you have a plan that will benefit you, whether job, financial. For example having your family together, new career, education plan, etc. The recieving state has 45 days to respond after getting the request and they were pretty quick about it. keep your head up and good luck. i hope everything works out well for you and your family.
The Following User Says Thank You to sydh3113 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Thanked 1,360 Times in 554 Posts

Congrats on being approved. I hope Nevada is a better location for him. My son is considering doing it to come back home but the move may be more restrictive on him. Glad to hear good news & that the system is working for someone.