Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Let's make one thing VERY CLEAR. Conditional Release has absolutely no bearing on being released before completing the REQUIRED 85% of a prison sentence. Conditional release is why a lot of guys in prison decide to "MAX OUT". Meaning they purposely get in trouble, thrown in confinement and lose all their gain time. That way they stay in prison until they have completed 100% of their sentence...then they walk out the door free and clear. I tried to max out as much as I possibly could, but I still had to do like 60 days on ARS. (Addiction Recovery Supervision) That whole CRD/ARS....85% thing is so much garbage. Most people end of doing the last 15% on some type of supervision. And that thing about 1st time, non-violent offenders not having to do CRD...that is total garbage. I saw tons of first time prison inmates put on CRD. It is just like probation: drug tests, payments, job searches all that stuff. Some inmates get lucky and do not have to do CRD, but the majority of them do. Oh and that question above about CRD and probation: Probation trumps CRD. They will run "concurrently", but really probation is how the state will view it.
The Following User Says Thank You to spin721 For This Useful Post:
amickeyfan (06-04-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin721 View Post
Let's make one thing VERY CLEAR. Conditional Release has absolutely no bearing on being released before completing the REQUIRED 85% of a prison sentence. Conditional release is why a lot of guys in prison decide to "MAX OUT". Meaning they purposely get in trouble, thrown in confinement and lose all their gain time. That way they stay in prison until they have completed 100% of their sentence...then they walk out the door free and clear. I tried to max out as much as I possibly could, but I still had to do like 60 days on ARS. (Addiction Recovery Supervision) That whole CRD/ARS....85% thing is so much garbage. Most people end of doing the last 15% on some type of supervision. And that thing about 1st time, non-violent offenders not having to do CRD...that is total garbage. I saw tons of first time prison inmates put on CRD. It is just like probation: drug tests, payments, job searches all that stuff. Some inmates get lucky and do not have to do CRD, but the majority of them do. Oh and that question above about CRD and probation: Probation trumps CRD. They will run "concurrently", but really probation is how the state will view it.
my son still fears that even though he was told he is not a candidate for that, he doesn't trust DOC. He said he saw guys in the prison be told just a few days before their release that they were going home on the CR. He did say if they pulled that on him, he would get into trouble at work release so he could be sent back to prison with the hopes of loosing all gain time. He doesn't want to come home on that. His main reason.. He said they got enough of his money, his fines are already over $60K.. he isn't paying any supervision costs on top of it.. (he has no probation when he gets out as far as his sentence goes). He said exactly what you have just said, he has heard of guys maxing out on purpose just not to be released on a CR...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM

Hi there. I am currently on CRS (conditional release supervision). I was released from prison last November. Your boyfriend will be in prison until at least his early date, this is the 85% date. This is state law. There are no "early release" programs and won't be until the mandatory 85% law is changed. With that said, CRS is another program that DOC created to make more felons serve 100% of their time. It affects repeat offenders, some violent offenders, and sex offenders. It is not optional. A few months before I was released, they told me I had it. I was released after serving 6 years, on my early date. I will finish to my late date, which is in December of this year. Yes, it sucks. Could have been worse. The monetary obligations aren't as bad as probation. It's basicly the same thing as probation with one exception - A curfew. This is horrible. I have to be at home between 10pm-6am. Other than that, it's standard probation. They are also sticking people with ARS when they get out. (Addiction Recovery Supervision), this is also mandatory if you are picked for it. Believe it or not, it's not based on your charges. It's given out in a lottery style. Computer randomly picks. This supervision runs until the 100% date also. Another DOC recidivism trick, keeping the numbers up. Job security. The best news I have for you is that since your boyfriend has probation when he gets out (oh, believe me, that's consecutive to the prison term) They won't give him either of these. He essientially already has it. Good luck to you both, as soon as he gets that RO dropped, he can notify classification and at his next review, they'll make sure it's off his ncic. I had to do it, took about a month.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiz1972 For This Useful Post:
amickeyfan (06-17-2011), KingsWifey (12-06-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,540 Times in 3,575 Posts

I wonder how this works if you have consecutive sentences?

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,540 Times in 3,575 Posts

We recently reached a milestone in this lovely journey of incarceration so I was worrying about CR for Ben. After calling classification in Tally and getting conflicting answers, I was finally advised to call the Parole Commission. I looked up the number for the FPC and chose the option for release and talked to someone who understood what I was trying to find out. She connected me with a lady that was very helpful, although I don't recall her name. I was trying to confirm that Ben didn't qualify for CR just because he met "some" of the criteria. She took a look at the info at hand and stated that because he didn't have a prior incarceration (state or federal prison; county jail doesn't count) that he wasn't eligble.

I'm hoping this is the same answer we get upon his release. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just wanted to post who I spoke to about this because it doesn't seem like too many people are knowledgable about this subject.

I also had a friend who was told that everyone gets CR. I told her about the info I found on the DOC website and what the FPC told me. I wish she didn't have to deal with this but after reading the charges eligible, again, it looks like he legitimately qualifies.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 AM

If Ben gets CRD will he be able to leave Fl? How does that work?

Totally over this mess!!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiz1972 View Post
Hi there. I am currently on CRS (conditional release supervision). I was released from prison last November. Your boyfriend will be in prison until at least his early date, this is the 85% date. This is state law. There are no "early release" programs and won't be until the mandatory 85% law is changed. With that said, CRS is another program that DOC created to make more felons serve 100% of their time. It affects repeat offenders, some violent offenders, and sex offenders. It is not optional. A few months before I was released, they told me I had it. I was released after serving 6 years, on my early date. I will finish to my late date, which is in December of this year. Yes, it sucks. Could have been worse. The monetary obligations aren't as bad as probation. It's basicly the same thing as probation with one exception - A curfew. This is horrible. I have to be at home between 10pm-6am. Other than that, it's standard probation. They are also sticking people with ARS when they get out. (Addiction Recovery Supervision), this is also mandatory if you are picked for it. Believe it or not, it's not based on your charges. It's given out in a lottery style. Computer randomly picks. This supervision runs until the 100% date also. Another DOC recidivism trick, keeping the numbers up. Job security. The best news I have for you is that since your boyfriend has probation when he gets out (oh, believe me, that's consecutive to the prison term) They won't give him either of these. He essientially already has it. Good luck to you both, as soon as he gets that RO dropped, he can notify classification and at his next review, they'll make sure it's off his ncic. I had to do it, took about a month.

Is RO = repeat offender... if so how does one get it off their record...

Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

RO = Restraining Order

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk

Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Well Spin
No offense, but when you said (And that thing about 1st time, non-violent offenders not having to do CRD...that is total garbage. I saw tons of first time prison inmates put on CRD.) Go to;

leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=0900-0999/0947/Sections/0947.1405.html

If you do you'll see Cond.Re.Supervision only applies to 2nd time offenders with a catagory 1,2,3 or 4 Crime (Violent), or Non-Violent Habitual Offenders. The only 1st timer that Florida Statute 947.1405 applies to are sexual predators.

Prior to 1994 the person's crime did not need to be a violent charge. They merely needed to have one prior felony commitment at a state or federal level to quailfy. Personally, having served 19 years here in Florida (released this past October) with the past 8 years being served at the largest state institution in Florida (Sumter CI) I have seen only 2 people (and believe me, I have been looking for just this mistake, made by the state) I came accross only 2 people in that time who were mistakingly placed on CRD. And that was due to misclassifications of out of state convictions.

Take Care Spin
Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
I wonder how this works if you have consecutive sentences?

Unfortunitly Ben'sGirl, If you're talking about Conditional Release Supervision (assuming that he quilifies for CRD on BOTH consecutive sentences) DOC will Toll (or set aside temporarly) all of the Gain Time he earns on the first sentence. After completing his second sentence, they will then take the Gain Time earned on that sentence and add the two totals togeather for purposes of calculating his max release date from supervision.
Sorry
Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Default CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiz1972 View Post
Hi Chiz1972, my husband is finally being released after 40 months and has to ride the rest of his time on CRD. Can you tell me what the rules were, other than the curfew of 10pm-6am? Where you able to leave the County for any reason or State for that matter during your CR? Did they allow you to stay after 10pm for planned events such as work or family wedding, etc? How strict were they during your CRD? Home surprise visits? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I've been relying on prison talk for all of my information since as you know DOC is unreliable. Thank you. God willing you are still free and able to respond and not back in that h*ll hole!