Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Looking for any info on Hays State Prison

i just got a letter from my man today and he is finally out of diagnostics. he got sent to Hays State Prison and i was wondering if anyone has any information on it. I dont know anything about that place so anything you got will help greatly. THANKS!!!!!
~sarah
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2006, 10:55 AM

I heard they were very violent. My baby's father was there and he didn't like it. I heard they shut down that boot camp though so u might be lucky.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:56 AM

Hays is a Max prison and there are some violent offenders there. Rodney was there the 1st time and he didn't have a problem there. He had a great counselor though...
Old 03-21-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Hays Annex

You did'nt say whether its the annex or the other prison on the same grounds. They are two seperate complexes and do not intermix. They are very different.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Bonnie needs Clyde

Mailing addy: po box 668 trion, ga 30753, physical addy: 777 underwood rd, trion , ga, 30753(chatooga COUNTY), PHONE:706-857-0400, faX:706-857-0624, wARDEN steve upton, deputy security roy edgerton,deputy warden treatment betty baily-dean, deputy warden admissions joyce pledger,, unit manager annex allen debord, unit manager boot camp john crawford,.........hope this helps. you can also go to .......http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Faci...byFacility.jsp
for all the other info for visiting, etc.

In It For The Long Haul!

Our anniversary is on it's way!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Devoted Wife and Advocate

I know someone there and he hates it. He says it is very "backwards", a good 'ol boy network of sorts, he says he has to walk in the weather to go eat so if it's raining he gets wet etc. He plans to request a transfer as soon as he is able. I am sorry to tell yuo such negative things but I am just being honest as to what he told me. I think it is a rough place.
*...All things work for good for those who love GOD..* Rom. 8:28
Old 04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
James' Mom 6y dwn 9y 2 go

Default Not for some

My son was at Hayes for about 4 years. It is true they are part of the "good ol' boys" mentality but if he stays out of trouble and keeps to himself or a select few he will be OK. The guards try to give the inmates a hard time but he should just go with the flow. My son worked in opticle the entire time he was there and liked making glasses. The trick is to keep busy.

The walking outside thing is for real and is how my son was brought before the warden when a guard tried to hold up an entire line of inmates traveling to the mess hall in one cold morning due to a couple of guys playing around. My son admitted saying something like god man it's cold out here. He was brought before the warden who asked how long he had been in there so far and he stated 5 yr. The warden was surprised that he had never once been in trouble in 5 years and threw the incident out. The next thing we know he is transferred to a medium security prison.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Bonnie needs Clyde

here is a link to tell all about hayes state prison.. hope it helps. http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Faci...te_prison.html

In It For The Long Haul!

Our anniversary is on it's way!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM
[TPG]

my dad was locked up there for 5 years. He was only supposed to be there for 3 years, but got time added to him 2 times. He said they are full of gangs and violence. While my dad is not in a gang, he does tattoos for people in there, and while he was running a tat on someone one of the rival gang members of the person gettin tatted came in the cell and jumped on him. My dad said he got up and "handled his business". It was either "jump or be killed" as he put it. He had a year added to his time and got a new charge, Battery. Then the second time, they were walking threw the fences in the rain to get to chow, and a guy infront of him had got stabbed. Thus making my dad step back, and while he stepped back it caused a fight between 3 or 4 other guys. Another battery charge and another year added. The guards there pretty much like to watch the men fight over the smallest things, and sometimes initiate the fights. Im glad my dad is out of there now, hes in Coffee CI and doing much better.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminisgirl View Post
i just got a letter from my man today and he is finally out of diagnostics. he got sent to Hays State Prison and i was wondering if anyone has any information on it. I dont know anything about that place so anything you got will help greatly. THANKS!!!!!
~sarah
I was there from 12/09 to 8/11. I was housed at the annex and the huts (hays 2). The north annex was not too bad, but the south annex could be rough. The huts are the best place to be if his time is less than 13 years and he has no holds. He can get a work detail if this is the case. I have no knowledge about the main prison, except that most of the officers are crooked and cruel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Birdman62 For This Useful Post:
DUSTINSANGEL (06-10-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sammie&Sheefy~ View Post
I heard they were very violent. My baby's father was there and he didn't like it. I heard they shut down that boot camp though so u might be lucky.
The boot camp is now a housing unit for outside work detail. They call it Hays II or the huts. If you can work on an outside detail, it is not bad at all. Get to go outside anytime you want at the huts.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 AM

Default Hays is HORRIBLE

Hays is horrible, but they are determined to make it better. The food is awful, the inmates don't get enough food, the guards are racist and looking to make their lives miserable, the offenders are VIOLENT AND DANGEROUS and many mentally unstable.

I would urge you to see about getting your loved one transferred. Things are good now b/c they are on lockdown while the facility receives a spruce up in security, however... these are mainly gang and/or gang affliliated offenders in a racist prison, that does not rehabilitate, only penalize.