Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

View Poll Results: What was your love ones violation that sent them back to jail?
Technical violation 63 44.68%
New charge - Case dismissed 9 6.38%
New charge - Conviction 56 39.72%
Other 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Forever Love

My fiancé was arrested for a technical vop. He was on community control and was at a job interview we thought he had approval to be at....apparently not. When the PO came by the house to check on him and he wasn't there she violated him. And even though he didn't commit any new crime and had done everything right up until that interview she recommend his full sentence of 15 years be given. Thankfully the judge only gave him 30 months which he accepted only because there was no paper attached to it afterward. To all that said Florida don't play, you are absolutely right!

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertsHeart801 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-10-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 05:32 PM

Mine went back on a new charge for a DUI. He was on probation and parole at the same time. Probation reinstated him but parole violated him and told him that they would see him again in six months because he only has 10 months left on parole. We're thinking he will just wrap up his time since he's so close to being off parole.
The Following User Says Thank You to jalb1223 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-16-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 02:53 PM

Wow! Mine is on parole and probation as well....he's going back as well on a new charge (misdemeanor battery, first offense)...his parole officer served him a 6 month waiver form...his max on probation is 3/2/16 and his max on parole is 3/26/18. He's been arrested since 10/13/15 and is currently at the county jail.....we live in Georgia
Old 02-27-2016, 09:43 AM

My husband violated a one yr probation that he was on, the probation was for a possesions charge and the new charges were for possession with intent. He received 2yrs probation for the intent to sell charges and he has his PV hearing on March 8th. He has been in county since July 15th due to the detainer that was put on him for the PV. I am crazy stressed out about it, I really would like him home, We basically destroyed our life and I have worked very hard to put it back together while he has pretty much done the time for both of us. I hope the 9months in county count for something to the judge. This whole process is so bizarre when your life is in the hands of someone who could be having a bad day. I think the general public thinks the judicial system is very black and white but in reality it is all GREY!!
Old 02-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnyswife View Post
My husband violated a one yr probation that he was on, the probation was for a possesions charge and the new charges were for possession with intent. He received 2yrs probation for the intent to sell charges and he has his PV hearing on March 8th. He has been in county since July 15th due to the detainer that was put on him for the PV. I am crazy stressed out about it, I really would like him home, We basically destroyed our life and I have worked very hard to put it back together while he has pretty much done the time for both of us. I hope the 9months in county count for something to the judge. This whole process is so bizarre when your life is in the hands of someone who could be having a bad day. I think the general public thinks the judicial system is very black and white but in reality it is all GREY!!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know the feeling all too well and it is not a good feeling. The worst feeling is not knowing the decision. But you will get through it. I promise. I'm still going through it. But the toughest battle was not knowing....Now that we know, we are just trying to get through the time...Private message me anytime if you have any questions and/or concern.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:38 PM

Im hoping and praying that the judge will give him time served. I don't know much about all of this, I mean he has been in since July but does time not count until after the hearing on the new charges? I try to just not think about it because I will go insane. This site makes me get all obsessed lol.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:41 PM

My bf violated parole for driving ( his parole office told him to go to her office) and for breaking curfew although the day she said she came to our house I was here and I never heard the doorbell- I don't think she ever came, nonetheless, he got 8 months went in June of 2015 to be released feb of 2016-BUT he caught a tier 3 ticket and is now doing 90 days in the box. He still has 2 years left on parole so they can max him out...
Old 02-29-2016, 07:42 PM

What is a tier 3 ticket? I'm assuming not great lol. I hate thAT in house shut mines been in the hole for a week for dumb stuff and kicked. Of the d and a pod. I hope to god he is done after this. He is in for both of us is how I look at it, but if there's a next time he will be on his own, I'm over this crazy lifestyle lol.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:37 PM

I'm over it too- a tier 3 ticket is the worst ticket you can get in New York State prison. He got the ticket because the co said he threatened parole and in the nys prisoner handbook threats are grounds for a tier 3 ticket.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Patiently waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Iimas View Post
I'm over it too- a tier 3 ticket is the worst ticket you can get in New York State prison. He got the ticket because the co said he threatened parole and in the nys prisoner handbook threats are grounds for a tier 3 ticket.
Wow....It probably will be best for him to max out...My fiance' is doing his back up time now. maxing out. This way we won't have to deal with the nonsense anymore.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseLove View Post
Wow....It probably will be best for him to max out...My fiance' is doing his back up time now. maxing out. This way we won't have to deal with the nonsense anymore.
I don't want my man to max out- he has 2 more years on parole- hopefully he will go to parole board later this month and come home
Old 06-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Richard's WVGURL

My boyfriend violated his Federal Probation by having dirty UA's and not doing his monthly reports. He was sentenced to 5 months BOP and 2 months Halfway house. He also got 29 months Probation. He was almost half way through a 3 year probation stint when they violated him. He asked for help with his addiction and we asked for 6 months inpatient treatment but was told that would be a last resort. It should have been the first choice rather than prison. I hate this legal system totally and I work for the government which makes it worse. He comes home 9/21 well goes to the Halfway house then. He is in the SHU now for what I do not know exactly but he said he requested to go there to stay out of trouble but not sure about that. Just wish this was over.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:12 AM

Well my love had a GPS bracelet but he decided to cut it off(I KNOW CRAZY HUH) he only had a year on parole he got locked up June 8,2016 they already revoked him so they sent him off for 5 months but he have another hearing in September so I'm waiting patiently ugh this is my first time going through this and it's not cool
Old 07-08-2016, 01:42 PM

Why would he cut his bracelet off didn't he know that was going to get him in trouble I know parole violations really suck- i'm dealing with one right now my boyfriend was originally given eight months but now it's 18 because he gotten trouble while in prison on his violation
Old 07-08-2016, 02:30 PM

I'm trying to find out now why he did it! I don't know how much time they are going to give him until the next hearing I guess but PAROLE VIOLATION SUCKS BADDDD I know u can't wait until your love get out you don't have that much longer
Old 07-09-2016, 05:45 AM

Yes only 6 months left- It's been a rough road but not too much longer and I hope and pray he never goes back I don't want to deal with prison life again
Old 07-09-2016, 06:31 AM

I honestly agree!!! So your love for revoked the first hearing and then at the second hearing they only gave him the 8 months?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:24 AM

No he violated and was given 8 months the week before his release he caught a tier 3 ticket and was sent to shu for 90 days they pulled his date and gave him additional time of 7 more months for a total prison time of 18/19 months
Old 10-09-2016, 07:38 AM

Default Parole Violation

Well my Fiance was violated and is was his own fault but it all had to do with his ex. No new charges. But parole board decided he was to serve out. So he is in the county lock up and I have no idea when he will be released. I looked on the Kentucky offender look up and it says 11/11/2017. Which is crap. The parole board here didn't even follow their own policies how is that even fair? All I get is he can file an appeal if the board will allow it or there is new evidence. So I'm stuck waiting but he is worth it.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Moderator On Leave

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,740 Times in 1,191 Posts

I do myself no justice at all by posting in this thread. Still...maybe a bit of honesty and openness would provide some insight into an issue that baffling to understand, heartbreaking to cope with in the emotional sense and discouraging with regard to the hope, patience & intervention that so many of you have given of yourselves o behalf of guys just like me.

I'm probably the parole violation king here on PTO and I don't say that with pride or bravado. Since my first trip to prison here in Texas the summer of 1990, I've violated parole 6 times. Of the 17 years spent inside 14 1/2 years were to do with what started out as a parole violation. Why?
1st Violation- New felony charges (2nd degree robbery). And....I was already on parole for robbery. I'd go on to do 9 as the result of this first pitfall
2nd Violation-New charge(meth possession/ less than a gram/state jail felony). With the new charge +parole violation I'd go on to do 2 years and 7 months. When I got they added the SISP/GPS monitor stipulation.
3rd Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 6 months at then Pampa ISF about 70 miles outside of Amarillo.
4th Violation-Dirty UA/technical.I'd go on to do another 6 months at Pampa ISF
5th Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 7 months. Started out at Pampa ISF closed it down and was the 2nd bus load that opened up Childress ISF (former Roach unit Boot camp)
6th Violation- Deviation from SISP schedule. I went down on the strip here in Dallas (Harry Hines) and sought refuge & comfort with a painted lady friend I met for 3 days. They sent me to SAFPT at the East Texas Treatment Facility...I stayed gone for 11 months that go around.

So......yes....I know....I'm a pain freak.....doctor Jekyll and mr. Jack ass....and I am many things. Most of all I'm fortunate to be out here. Drugs and alcohol have made a real mess of my life, but.......I'm alive, I'm holding a job, I'm paying the rent, I'm staying out of trouble, I'm clean and I'm trying to be the man and loving soul I should of been all along to begin with.
I'm sorry for what we've put you through....you deserve better than that...I don't know anything about the people you're talking about because I've never met them. Still.....I am one of them...I may not know who your loved one is, but I know what your loved one is.....I am that. Better days are yet to come hopefully, but if they do it has to be with the understanding on the part of ones such as I who have fallen down so many times that LIFE WON'T TAKE ANY EXCUSES....LIFE WILL HAND YOU SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNFAIR ONLY FOR THE SITUATION TO BECOME WORSE BECAUSE I WOULDN'T MAN UP AND FACE IT TO BEGIN WITH. Thank God out I'm out here with you and saying this than be in there again and living it.

God bless you all. Where would guys like me be without the love and support of ones such as you.
Critter07 (11-27-2016), GaReform (10-09-2016), Misshimagain (05-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Thanked 1,469 Times in 589 Posts

My son was on probation & just gave up when he was unable to get anyone to hire him after trying for a year. He got 16 great job offers & each one rescinded them when they learned he had a conviction. He got a technical violation & is now serving 2 years with probation to follow when he's released. Depression makes them think they have nothing left to lose but they are so wrong. The worst day being free is better than the best day being locked up. But that's something he has to learn for himself. Nothing we said could make him realize that there was something worth fighting for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-10-2016), Firebrand (10-10-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 PM

My boyfriend i just found out went to the Byrd in Texas. For parole violation. Max sentence was the year 2022. I haven't got to hear from him as of yet. I have no idea what this means.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 PM

ChaseLove, My Husband went back on a violation, our justice system is very much flawed, to say the least. We had his revocation hearing and the hearing officer revoked him for 6 months. So he is due to go up for parole again in Dec 2916. Once the system gets them in their it's going to take Faith & Prayer to get them out, this was his first violation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseLove View Post
I saw a poll and thread on this back in 2004 but it was shut down I think last year. So I wanted to get more up to date information from my PTO family.

How many of you all have had a love one go back to prison/jail on a supervised release violation, parole violation, or probation violation?

My fiancé is currently being held for a violation. He has had his hearing and the hearing examiner recommended 36 months. The commission hasn't made a final decision yet but we are praying that he is released. And get this everybody, the new case that the violation was based on was dismissed. But that is the justice system that we have. Flaws and all, we have to accept it I guess...

But anyway, please share your story!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 PM

MyLittleB,

When it comes to VOP, if he is a convicted felon in Tennessee, there is NO WAYto get around the Violation and Tennessee does not credit any time while sitting in County jail, but what can happen is at his revocation hearing If he has a good parole officer, they can request a modification. My husband had DV - his brother initiated a fight w/him, after he had only been out a year after doing 27 years. But I told my husband God is going get his brother , just like he did Cain in the bible for killing his brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylittleb View Post
Ok, thanks..do you know though if they credit the time spent awaiting a revocation hearing against the remainder of parole left? Like if he sits in County jail for 2 weeks before his case is heard and before he's sent to DoC will they count that time...or is it likely to be dead?
Old 10-25-2016, 09:43 PM

Fireband,

Question
On your 3/4 violation were you out on the town to get the te hnical? Or were you already in prison? Reason I am asking, my husband got a technical be a use he couldn't be involved in a threatening or physical altercation, he was out on the town for a year, his court case was dismissed Why they don't consider rather Civil court dismissed a case without conditions, when ppl go up for their revocation hearings? I can't believe they send ppl back for 6 months, that's a waste of tax payers money. What is the probability he get out in Dec 2016, that's what the hearing officer revommended at the revocation hearing. 💏Luvhubby💏
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
I do myself no justice at all by posting in this thread. Still...maybe a bit of honesty and openness would provide some insight into an issue that baffling to understand, heartbreaking to cope with in the emotional sense and discouraging with regard to the hope, patience & intervention that so many of you have given of yourselves o behalf of guys just like me.

I'm probably the parole violation king here on PTO and I don't say that with pride or bravado. Since my first trip to prison here in Texas the summer of 1990, I've violated parole 6 times. Of the 17 years spent inside 14 1/2 years were to do with what started out as a parole violation. Why?
1st Violation- New felony charges (2nd degree robbery). And....I was already on parole for robbery. I'd go on to do 9 as the result of this first pitfall
2nd Violation-New charge(meth possession/ less than a gram/state jail felony). With the new charge +parole violation I'd go on to do 2 years and 7 months. When I got they added the SISP/GPS monitor stipulation.
3rd Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 6 months at then Pampa ISF about 70 miles outside of Amarillo.
4th Violation-Dirty UA/technical.I'd go on to do another 6 months at Pampa ISF
5th Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 7 months. Started out at Pampa ISF closed it down and was the 2nd bus load that opened up Childress ISF (former Roach unit Boot camp)
6th Violation- Deviation from SISP schedule. I went down on the strip here in Dallas (Harry Hines) and sought refuge & comfort with a painted lady friend I met for 3 days. They sent me to SAFPT at the East Texas Treatment Facility...I stayed gone for 11 months that go around.

So......yes....I know....I'm a pain freak.....doctor Jekyll and mr. Jack ass....and I am many things. Most of all I'm fortunate to be out here. Drugs and alcohol have made a real mess of my life, but.......I'm alive, I'm holding a job, I'm paying the rent, I'm staying out of trouble, I'm clean and I'm trying to be the man and loving soul I should of been all along to begin with.
I'm sorry for what we've put you through....you deserve better than that...I don't know anything about the people you're talking about because I've never met them. Still.....I am one of them...I may not know who your loved one is, but I know what your loved one is.....I am that. Better days are yet to come hopefully, but if they do it has to be with the understanding on the part of ones such as I who have fallen down so many times that LIFE WON'T TAKE ANY EXCUSES....LIFE WILL HAND YOU SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNFAIR ONLY FOR THE SITUATION TO BECOME WORSE BECAUSE I WOULDN'T MAN UP AND FACE IT TO BEGIN WITH. Thank God out I'm out here with you and saying this than be in there again and living it.

God bless you all. Where would guys like me be without the love and support of ones such as you.