Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Wife 4 Life

Yeah, the guards at the Farm are pretty nice, all things considered. At least in the visiting area. Not so much in other areas, I hear. But yeah, that drive is a killer!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 07:48 PM

most of the guards at putnamville treat me good but thats cuz they are used 2 me now!~! i been going there since august. rockville isnt to bad for me. and miami county is the worse that place sucks so freakin bad they are rude

Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 AM

My Husband Was Just Sent To Putnamville About A Week Ago. He Did Get To Call Home But I Have Not Been Able To Vist Yet. Im Hoping That It Wont Be Much Longer
Old 06-21-2007, 10:52 AM

I have one son age 17 in Franklin county awaitin sentencing and a 23 son in Edinburgh Correctional. At camp Atterbary
Old 06-24-2007, 11:57 PM

Default family in rockville in

hi

my niece is in rockville in prison

trying to get some questions answered

can we mail inmates family pictures

can we take them food on visiting days

can we mail inmates clothes

my brother has terminal sclc lung cancer so im wanting to visit his daughter at rockville
can we mail them packages of candy cookies and or beauty supplies
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 AM

Thanked 1,060 Times in 510 Posts

No to taking in anything on visiting day. They call that trafficing and you can get arrested. That would include a birthday card, food, note of anyking. You can take money and buy things from their vending machines and some vending areas are better than others.

No to mailing clothes. The state gives them the clothes they want them to wear, You can send money to put on a commissary account and they can buy extra things like sweatshirts.

You can mail them pics but I would call the mail room because different locations have different rules about how many you can send.

Can't help with any other specifics as I don't have anyone in the facility mentioned, but these things are common in all indiana prisons.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Wife 4 Life

Default Rockville Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcatsgrace
hi

my niece is in rockville in prison
trying to get some questions answered
can we mail inmates family pictures
can we take them food on visiting days
can we mail inmates clothes

my brother has terminal sclc lung cancer so im wanting to visit his daughter at rockville
can we mail them packages of candy cookies and or beauty supplies

I have 3 friends @ Rockville. Good luck on visiting day! Those guards can be jerks! Tigr answered most of your questions (and "no" is the right answer for most of them!" I have sent 4 pictures at a time, so I know you can send at least that many. They cannot be Polaroids, though. And you can send a couple with every letter, which might be nice anyway, since mail is so important to them in there.

With their commissary money they can buy beauty supplies as well as clothing, food, and shoes. Most of us send something every so often. I send $20 a week.

When you go to a visit, you cannot wear jewelry, except a wedding ring (at least at most facilities), your clothing must have at least short sleeves (no sleeveless stuff) and you can't wear a shirt with an attached hood. Facilities vary widely as to the amount of money you can take to a visit for the vending machines, but Rockville will let you have only $10 and it must be in $5s, $1s, and/or change.

Hope this helps. If you need to, just call the facility. The people I've talked to on the phone have been very nice and helpful.

Dawn
Old 06-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Dawn, on the jewelry thing - it's funny the last two times I have visited my son an inmate came out wearing necklaces. The one this past Saturday was a big old gold chain - shiny. I've seen them make visitors take stuff off so an inmate with something like that really surprised especially the way people have stuff taken.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Wife 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrldy
Dawn, on the jewelry thing - it's funny the last two times I have visited my son an inmate came out wearing necklaces. The one this past Saturday was a big old gold chain - shiny. I've seen them make visitors take stuff off so an inmate with something like that really surprised especially the way people have stuff taken.
I too find that strange, but I guess it's because they don't want us to pass the jewelry on to the inmate. Some could be made into weapons, blah, blah, blah. Inmates are allowed to have religious necklaces, so my husband suddenly found Jesus and wants me to send him a cross. There are guidelines as to how big and flashy they can be, but I've seen some that certainly got through the cracks, apparently. In the past, you could send them watches, too, but now they have to buy them through commissary. They ARE allowed to have them, though. And wedding bands without stones.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM

Default does anyone have someone In Terre Haute Usp

Just was wondering who all have someone in Terre Haute? Thanks
Old 07-19-2014, 11:37 AM

Terre haute is Federal. You will probably find more info over there. We don' t hear much on them here at the state level. Hope you get the info you are looking for.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:02 AM
♥THIS TOO SHALL PASS♥

My fiance is at Plainfield Correctional Facility. He's been gone a little over 4 years. Praying that with time cuts and all he'll be home by end of this year. 😚

j̤̤̈d̤̤̈ n̤̈ j̤̤̈m̤̤̈s̤̈ s̤̈ḧ̤r̤̤̈m̤̈
Old 02-03-2016, 06:13 AM

Default Jnjshrum4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJSHRUM4EVER View Post
My fiance is at Plainfield Correctional Facility. He's been gone a little over 4 years. Praying that with time cuts and all he'll be home by end of this year. ��
Welcome to the Indiana Forum. It has been kind of slow on here for some time. I'm hoping that's a good thing and people are dealing ok with out needing support. My son was in Plainfield for much of his time. He is home now thank goodness. The winding down is the best and the worst. You know it's getting close but time seems to drag. When my son was getting close to his end time they had started a new initiative to get them out closer to the community sooner so they moved him to a half way house with about 4 months to go. Good luck with the time cut.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
JNJSHRUM4EVER (02-18-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 08:48 PM

I have my first love at Indiana State..... My first and my last man!!
Old 07-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Account Closed

Hello everyone my sons father is in Terre Haute
Old 07-31-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SMITHS2010 View Post
Hello everyone my sons father is in Terre Haute
My ex brother in law is there his last name is Smith too lol my husband will be back there soon.