Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Visiting at Eddyville (KSP)

Could someone please inform me about the visiting hours and restrictions and things at Eddyville? Also, about how long does it usually take to get signed in and searched? Is it usually crowded? Is the visit area big? Are you able to go outside, or is it all inside? If there is anything else I should know about, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris' pooh bear
Could someone please inform me about the visiting hours and restrictions and things at Eddyville? Also, about how long does it usually take to get signed in and searched? Is it usually crowded? Is the visit area big? Are you able to go outside, or is it all inside? If there is anything else I should know about, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!
Registration is from 715 to 1000. You are allowed to bring 15.00 in change, no bills in. The visiting days for GP is Sundays and two Saturdays a month.
PC visiting is Fridays and the first Saturday of each month.
It is never crowded on Friday and Saturday it isnt either, however, there are a few more people.
All of the visiting is done on the inside. There are no outside visits. Smoking is not allowed.
I would think that Sunday visits are a little more crowded as more people are off from work.
The visiting area is MAYBE the size of that small visiting area at Green River where the Non Contact visits are.
They have lockers with a key provided where you can put your car keys, umbrella, etc.
The only jewelry you can wear in is your wedding ring.
Registering with your drivers license or State ID only takes maybe five minutes. It is nothing like Green River.
You are patted down and you have to go thru a metal detector. There are no drug testing devices.
If you have to go to the bathroom while you are there, the guard unlocks the door and you are patted down when you come out.
Visiting ends for everyone at 145. If you want to leave sooner, you have to leave by 1245. No one leaves from 1245 to 145.
You can wear a jacket or a sweater in, however, you must keep it on.
You are also allowed to take in a small comb and a hanky. That is all.
There are soda machines (both bottle and can), coffee machine, sandwich machine and two snack machines there. There is also a microwave.
You are allowed to have a kiss and hug at the beginning and end of the visit. You are also alllowed to hold hands above the table the entire visit.
The tables are like card tables with plastic chairs.
The room is usually on the cool side.
Pictures can be taken on the visit. There is a machine and you have to put 8 quarters in it for one poloroid picture.
The parking is terrible. However, usually if you get there no later than 8, you wont have a problem. Saturday and Sunday parking is better because there arent as many staff working then.
There is like a tower in about the middle of the wall and you have to walk under that, you cannot take the short cut of the driveway. When you get up those steps you go to your left. There is a sign Visitation. Just follow that path up to the concrete steps, about 30 of them. There is a buzzer at the door you press and they will unlock it for you.
The only holiday visits they are giving now is at Christmas. They divide it up because there are several classes of inmates there.
There is GP, PC, Trustee, Death Row, Hole classes.
Oh there is a water fountain in the visiting room also.
If I havent covered something you would like to know, feel free to PM me.
I know you will enjoy the visiting alot more there than Green River.
The inmates are allowed to handle the money and go to the vending machines and microwave and get what they want also.
They are stripped searched when they go in from a visit.
There is a guard desk in the middle of the room. There is an enclosed guard stand at the back and front of the room, smoked glass. Then there is the eyes in the ceiling and on walls.
Glad to have you here, I know you will really see a difference.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Closed Thread