Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:59 PM

Unhappy Visitation application denied

I’m trying to visit my boyfriend, but got denied. He said it wa s because I put friend, but there’s no other option?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2018, 07:34 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,956 Times in 14,714 Posts

I have searched all over Missouri DOC's webpage for their Policies & Procedures.....if they are there they're fairly well hidden I did find "generic" visitation approval info, but there was no in-depth info like there would be in Policies & Procedures. From what I can tell, inmates are allowed up to 20 people on their visit list....nowhere does it state that friends cannot visit.

You should receive a letter stating exactly why you were denied. At that time, you may want to write the Warden and request a reconsideration of the denial. Hopefully its something as simple as missing a question or not checking a box and you can simply reapply.

Let us know what you find out! Welcome to PTO

Old 08-12-2018, 01:09 PM

I never got a denial letter. He just said that I wasn’t approved. Should I just reapply? He’s in Farmington Treatment center, but on the application form it doesn’t have a box for significant other.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchick View Post
I never got a denial letter. He just said that I wasn’t approved. Should I just reapply? He’s in Farmington Treatment center, but on the application form it doesn’t have a box for significant other.

They don’t usually. In prison, you either are family, or you are not family. If you aren’t married, you are not family.

I wonder if the prison has limits on how many friends can be on the list. Like maybe all family members can be approved, but only 20 friends and his list is full.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:27 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Could it be the center he is in that doesn't permit visitors for him atm? If I am reading it correctly, it seems to be a substance abuse treatment center. They may not allow visitors in the beginning - and then only select family members later.
patchouli (08-12-2018), xolady (Yesterday)