Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 AM

Default IFC Meeting This Saturday Sept 27, 2008 At Carl's Jr. at 4:15

We are having a meeting this Saturday. Please join us. The Inmate Family Council (IFC) is looking to recruit much needed help. Come find out what is needed. You are all full of ideas, come lend your support.

Last edited by LuvandLaughsCA; 09-24-2008 at 10:24 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tednjeannie For This Useful Post:
Soluna26 (09-25-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Miss my KiNg

I'm new here........ what exactly is the IFC... I was reading another thread about how we need at least 10 people or something to voice out thoughts and concerns.....

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Oh Jeannie, this is a great idea but sadly to say I won't be there this weekend. You know I'm always full of ideas....I'll be there the following weekend.

However, reading your post gave me an idea. There are a lot of issues that have been going on with the Visiting on the East facility. The Title 15 not being followed in regards to visitor clothing, approved items, making up their own clothing restrictions, approved visiting photos that are posted on the wall not being allowed and you know the rest. So what if monthly we (visitors) get together after visiting on Saturday every month so we can all discuss what is going on. We can give ideas as to what needs to be corrected, changed, addressed, etc.... A lot of visitors know that things are just completely wrong in that visiting room but some don't know what to do about it.

At these meeting we can discuss what is going on and remedies on how to get the issues addressed and corrected (ie: contacting the Visiting Lt., having the IFC bring it up in a meeting on behalf of us visitors, filling out a Visitor's Complaint Form and even signing petitions). We can also provide visitors with phone numbers that are necessary (those in Sacramento, the Ombudsman, Visiting Lt., etc...). Also, assist people with filling out paperwork such as Visitor Complaint Forms. We need to stick together on this because from what occurred last Saturday and all those visitors that we asking for Visitor Complaint Forms...it's obvious that everyone wants something done. I hate to sound so negative because we have a great Visiting Lt., but if he's not aware of what is going on then there's really nothing that can be done. So what do you think? Also, what does everyone else think about this idea??????

Last edited by Pinky99; 09-24-2008 at 10:25 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinky99 For This Useful Post:
His Brown Suga (09-24-2008), ju's wife (09-24-2008), Soluna26 (09-25-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
I'm new here........ what exactly is the IFC... I was reading another thread about how we need at least 10 people or something to voice out thoughts and concerns.....

The IFC stands for Inmate Family Council. It is basically a group of visitors that are selected to attend meeting with the Warden and other correctional staff to discuss visiting issues. The people on the IFC are basically the mouth piece for the rest of us visitors to make sure all in running smoothly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinky99 For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (09-24-2008)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-bi-lu View Post
Oh Jeannie, this is a great idea but sadly to say I won't be there this weekend. You know I'm always full of ideas....I'll be there the following weekend.

However, reading your post gave me an idea. There are a lot of issues that have been going on with the Visiting on the East facility. The Title 15 not being followed in regards to visitor clothing, approved items, making up their own clothing restrictions, approved visiting photos and you know the rest. So what if monthly we (visitors) get together after visiting on Saturday every month so we can all discuss what is going on. We can give ideas as to what needs to be corrected, changed, addressed, etc.... A lot of visitors know that things are just completely wrong in that visiting room but some don't know what to do about it.

At these meeting we can discuss what is going on and remedies on how to get the issues addressed and corrected (ie: contacting the Visiting Lt., having the IFC bring it up in a meeting on behalf of us visitors, filling out a Visitor's Complaint Form and even signing petitions). We can also provide visitors with phone numbers that are necessary (those in Sacramento, the Ombudsman, Visiting Lt., etc...). Also, assist people with filling out paperwork such as Visitor Complaint Forms. We need to stick together on this because from what occurred last Saturday and all those visitors that we asking for Visitor Complaint Forms...it's obvious that everyone wants something done. I hate to sound so negative because we have a great Visiting Lt., but if he's not aware of what is going on then there's really nothing that can be done. So what do you think? Also, what does everyone on this group think about this idea??????

i think these are great ideas!!!!

this love is difficult, but it's real ..
The Following User Says Thank You to jc_forever- For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:

However, reading your post gave me an idea. There are a lot of issues that have been going on with the Visiting on the East facility. The Title 15 not being followed in regards to visitor clothing, approved items, making up their own clothing restrictions, approved visiting photos that are posted on the wall not being allowed and you know the rest. So what if monthly we (visitors) get together after visiting on Saturday every month so we can all discuss what is going on. We can give ideas as to what needs to be corrected, changed, addressed, etc.... A lot of visitors know that things are just completely wrong in that visiting room but some don't know what to do about it.

At these meeting we can discuss what is going on and remedies on how to get the issues addressed and corrected (ie: contacting the Visiting Lt., having the IFC bring it up in a meeting on behalf of us visitors, filling out a Visitor's Complaint Form and even signing petitions). We can also provide visitors with phone numbers that are necessary (those in Sacramento, the Ombudsman, Visiting Lt., etc...). Also, assist people with filling out paperwork such as Visitor Complaint Forms. We need to stick together on this because from what occurred last Saturday and all those visitors that we asking for Visitor Complaint Forms...it's obvious that everyone wants something done. I hate to sound so negative because we have a great Visiting Lt., but if he's not aware of what is going on then there's really nothing that can be done. So what do you think? Also, what does everyone else think about this idea??????
I agree these are great ideas!!! Why not have a new thread just for the IFC so we can add things as we go of if we can't make the meeting afer the visit and to find out the outcome of the meeting so we are all aware!! What do you think??

The Following User Says Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
Soluna26 (09-25-2008)
Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Together Forever...
Donation Award 

Thumbs up IFC Meetings and Agenda Development

Quote:

Lisa,

This is great! This is exactly what I had envisioned; getting input from the group, helping Jeannie organize and frame the questions to obtain the best results from "IFC" meetings. She is and will be our spokesperson and sometimes she needs all our help to create the points and issues we want to bring up and also to put those into an agenda that she can read from.

I like Ju's Wife's idea about perhaps starting a "sticky" thread for this purpose. Maybe I can make an Agenda Template where we can fill in points for improvement, complaints and suggestions? This is just off the top of my head. Well, I have to run, I'm late for work!

Good Job Everyone!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!

Last edited by Soluna26; 09-25-2008 at 05:55 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soluna26 For This Useful Post:
His Brown Suga (09-25-2008), ju's wife (09-25-2008), tednjeannie (09-25-2008)
Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Thank you. This is just what the IFC needs. 's. I am printing your thoughts to help format an agenda for the meeting. I don't want it to be a "bitch" session. I want to hear the problem and the solution. Keep in mind that the Warden may not go for our solution, but we will keep at it. You are awesome!!!!

Jeannie

Last edited by tednjeannie; 09-25-2008 at 09:33 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tednjeannie For This Useful Post:
His Brown Suga (09-25-2008), Soluna26 (09-25-2008)
Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
As promised, Forevermore!
Donation Award 

Ladies please keep me posted. I wont be there this weekend but would love to know how everything goes and what gets discussed.

Childhood sweethearts, Always!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Miss my KiNg

Mee too as I have not been there or approved....so I have no complaints,but would like to know what was discussed.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Donation Award 

Hello Ladies, I know I missed the meeting but I would like to know what was discussed. Can someone who attended please pm me the info.

Thanks.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Miss my KiNg

Mee too!!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 AM

No one showed up for the meeting. :-( So, nothing was discussed.
The Following User Says Thank You to tednjeannie For This Useful Post:
Soluna26 (10-03-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tednjeannie View Post
No one showed up for the meeting. :-( So, nothing was discussed.
Wow Im sorry to hear that.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Is there going to be another one this Saturday (October 4th)?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Miss my KiNg

Is there going to be a sticky for the IFC so we post comments or ideas. SO that way if the meeting does or doesn't take place we can be aware?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
BOOBSGIRL1990 (10-02-2008), His Brown Suga (10-02-2008), Soluna26 (10-03-2008)
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 PM

I am new to the web site. I would be interested in joining your group but I only manage 1 trip a month to visit. I will be visiting 10/10-10/13 weekend with my two son's. When is the next meeting/is there going to be another meeting. I am sorry to hear that your last meeting didn't work out. PM me or post here. Thank you
Closed Thread