Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Default Going to reception: how long before they ship them off after sentencing?

Usually how long does it take before they ship them off after sentencing?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Usually how long does it take before they ship them off after sentencing?
It's been 10 years, but if I remember correctly he left county for reception within a couple of days. I assume it's still done the same way. If not, hopefully someone will come along and give you better info.
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
Renea0428 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
It's been 10 years, but if I remember correctly he left county for reception within a couple of days. I assume it's still done the same way. If not, hopefully someone will come along and give you better info.

He got sentenced on the 9th and he is still there but thank you for responding
Old 03-19-2017, 07:03 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe things have changed or maybe it depends on the case or something else. Whatever it is, I hope you'll get some answers soon.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe things have changed or maybe it depends on the case or something else. Whatever it is, I hope you'll get some answers soon.

Thank you again I hope someone answers me soon
Old 03-19-2017, 07:29 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,948 Times in 1,264 Posts

Hi Renea,
From what I have been told it's a range of 1-4 weeks depending on how many people need transport. 2 weeks is about normal.

If he is in LA county a tip-off is if his sentencing status shows SP4. That means he is most likely going.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas

Last edited by missingdee; 03-19-2017 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Hi Renea,
From what I have been told it's a range of 1-4 weeks depending on how many people need transport. 2 weeks is about normal.

If he is in LA county a tip-off is if hi s sentencing status shows SP4. That means he is most likely going.

Ok thank you so much it seems like he will be leaving soon so where do I see the SP4?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

It would show on his case status on the inmate locator. I hope you get one more week somehow. For my girl it was 13 days from sentencing to the bus.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
It would show on his case status on the inmate locator. I hope you get one more week somehow. For my girl it was 13 days from sentencing to the bus.

Now I'm nervous I really miss my husband and on Thursday it will be 2 weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to Renea0428 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:59 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Now I'm nervous I really miss my husband and on Thursday it will be 2 weeks

Renea, believe me I get it. A little over 5 years ago I was in your shoes, wondering when she was going to get taken upstate, how she would handle it, how I would handle being away from her. The folks at the Lynwood jail were so good to us in those last two weeks. The day before she got shipped to Chowchilla (that's where reception is for the women) I came by for a visit and they actually gave us 2 hours. I don't think this is common practice but I made a few friends with jail workers and it helped in those last couple of weeks.

Now I don't know that they'll be as generous with you (she was on a unit that didn't get many visits, and the men usually get a lot more visits than the women,) but it brings about a big point....at some point you being there for him in a positive way is going to make impressions on people and it may occasionally make things easier for both you and him.

I understand your worry. I am sure a lot is going through your mind right now. Just be strong my friend and remember, we are all here for you, many of us have been in your shoes before, and while some of us here may shoot from the hip sometimes when giving advice, we all want to see you and him do well and for him to come home to you so life can start getting back to normal.

How long is he going to be in, if you don't mind me asking?

I wish you and him the best and hope that the transition to reception will be as smooth as possible for both of you. It's not an easy time, but this too shall pass.

-E

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Renea0428 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Renea, believe me I get it. A little over 5 years ago I was in your shoes, wondering when she was going to get taken upstate, how she would handle it, how I would handle being away from her. The folks at the Lynwood jail were so good to us in those last two weeks. The day before she got shipped to Chowchilla (that's where reception is for the women) I came by for a visit and they actually gave us 2 hours. I don't think this is common practice but I made a few friends with jail workers and it helped in those last couple of weeks.

Now I don't know that they'll be as generous with you (she was on a unit that didn't get many visits, and the men usually get a lot more visits than the women,) but it brings about a big point....at some point you being there for him in a positive way is going to make impressions on people and it may occasionally make things easier for both you and him.

I understand your worry. I am sure a lot is going through your mind right now. Just be strong my friend and remember, we are all here for you, many of us have been in your shoes before, and while some of us here may shoot from the hip sometimes when giving advice, we all want to see you and him do well and for him to come home to you so life can start getting back to normal.

How long is he going to be in, if you don't mind me asking?

I wish you and him the best and hope that the transition to reception will be as smooth as possible for both of you. It's not an easy time, but this too shall pass.

-E

This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much yes this is very hard on the both of us smh. They gave him 40 years unfortunately
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renea0428 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-20-2017), tglsmom (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 03:44 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much yes this is very hard on the both of us smh. They gave him 40 years unfortunately
I'm sorry to hear that his sentence is so long. I hope that some of the reforms that may be implemented in the near future through 57 (or some other reform that hasn't been written/voted on yet) will help to get him home much sooner than that.

That said, we are here for you. There is going to be some adjustment and I know you are going to have a lot of questions. I hope that these forums will help you the way that they helped me and others over the years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Renea0428 (03-20-2017), tglsmom (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that his sentence is so long. I hope that some of the reforms that may be implemented in the near future through 57 (or some other reform that hasn't been written/voted on yet) will help to get him home much sooner than that.

That said, we are here for you. There is going to be some adjustment and I know you are going to have a lot of questions. I hope that these forums will help you the way that they helped me and others over the years.

Yes he has to do 22 years before parole and that seems like forever. I hope they do pass some laws soon lol. Hopefully I can get through this so we can move on with our lives
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renea0428 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-20-2017), tglsmom (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM

It took my husband exactly 2 weeks. In Southern California... he left on a Tuesday night the officers were kind enough to let him call me to inform me he was leaving
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrsa77 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-20-2017), Renea0428 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Yes he has to do 22 years before parole and that seems like forever. I hope they do pass some laws soon lol. Hopefully I can get through this so we can move on with our lives
Renea - I read about your husband's sentence in another post and I, too, am sorry. I understand how overwhelming it must seem right now, but I do want to tell you that my son got 12 years and in June we're down to 2 years. I would have never believed that I would make it this far or that the time could go by so quickly, but it has. It will pass for you, too. It just doesn't seem like it right now because you're at the beginning and there is so much that is unknown. It's definitely a difficult time for everyone.

Try to take it one day at a time and come to PTO often. Having never been involved in anything to do with prison before, the advice I received was invaluable. I learned all about visiting, received answers to all my questions (including some pretty weird ones!) and gained insight on how to support my son from the parent's forum. And, perhaps the most important thing for me at the beginning was knowing that I wasn't alone. You're not alone, either, and I'm glad you're here.
Renea0428 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
It took my husband exactly 2 weeks. In Southern California... he left on a Tuesday night the officers were kind enough to let him call me to inform me he was leaving

I hope and pray they allow I'm to do just that
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Renea - I read about your husband's sentence in another post and I, too, am sorry. I understand how overwhelming it must seem right now, but I do want to tell you that my son got 12 years and in June we're down to 2 years. I would have never believed that I would make it this far or that the time could go by so quickly, but it has. It will pass for you, too. It just doesn't seem like it right now because you're at the beginning and there is so much that is unknown. It's definitely a difficult time for everyone.

Try to take it one day at a time and come to PTO often. Having never been involved in anything to do with prison before, the advice I received was invaluable. I learned all about visiting, received answers to all my questions (including some pretty weird ones!) and gained insight on how to support my son from the parent's forum. And, perhaps the most important thing for me at the beginning was knowing that I wasn't alone. You're not alone, either, and I'm glad you're here.

Thank you so much I truly appreciate it. He's been in the county for almost 3 years and it's been hard but it's going to be alright. I would love to keep in contact with you if that's ok
The Following User Says Thank You to Renea0428 For This Useful Post:
tglsmom (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much I truly appreciate it. He's been in the county for almost 3 years and it's been hard but it's going to be alright. I would love to keep in contact with you if that's ok
Yes, of course that's ok. I'm a mom and you're a wife so our situations are a little different, but we're all in the same boat trying to support our loved ones and dealing with the prison system. Anything I can offer, please let me know.
missingdee (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, of course that's ok. I'm a mom and you're a wife so our situations are a little different, but we're all in the same boat trying to support our loved ones and dealing with the prison system. Anything I can offer, please let me know.

That means so much to me thank you