Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Gosh i jux want to scream ...... I havent seen my man since june o my his bday . . :-( thou we write and get to talk on tie phone . Still isnt the same . . . well i havent talked to my man this week and iv been feeling a lil down . . . . I LOVE HANDSOME . . . . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs.beautifly1 For This Useful Post:
Jennifer Linn (08-23-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 05:10 PM

Hello I am New I miss my baby daily I cant wait to see him, I am going in a couple of weeks for my birthday I love him so much!!!! Five more months to we meet again forever!!!!!

Last edited by ToddyTeeWifey; 08-22-2013 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: left out words
The Following User Says Thank You to ToddyTeeWifey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM

I really dont know what to say today is day 2 of a 37 month sentence and I feel horrible especially for him being put away for doing a favor for his brother with good intentions....My main question is will it get easier? and to all of you strong ladies that have been doing it for a while how do y'all cope?
The Following User Says Thank You to nitah1013 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Missing Him

My boyfriend went back in this morning. He did 18 months on a 54 month sentence, got out and I got a case of the Al-Anon crazies....I fought with him because I saw him start drinking again and partying with the same so-called "friends" who didn't care about him when he was locked up. He got another DUI while on parole. He got 3 years on this charge but will have to serve the remaining 18 months of parole. Things got better between us and it seemed like life was going great. Then, he told me about the 3 years. He has only been gone since this morning and I miss him already. He was my best friend and we were always doing something fun. Now, I feel so lonely and don't know if I can get through another 18 months of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jilthepil12073 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.beautifly1 View Post
Gosh i jux want to scream ...... I havent seen my man since june o my his bday . . :-( thou we write and get to talk on tie phone . Still isnt the same . . . well i havent talked to my man this week and iv been feeling a lil down . . . . I LOVE HANDSOME . . . . . .

I am so sorry that you haven't been able to see him. Sometimes when I am missing him so much I think I am just gonna fall apart I put on his shirt, cologne, make a big bowl of popcorn, pull his brand out of the freezer and pop in our favorite movie curl up with our blanky with his pick next to me. I change the movies so if I cry its ok, if I laugh that's ok to and if I get mad as hell its ok. when Im done I write him with all the love and passion that I feel when we are together. Good luck. know you are strong and will find a way to handle it your way. the right way for you.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyTeeWifey View Post
Hello I am New I miss my baby daily I cant wait to see him, I am going in a couple of weeks for my birthday I love him so much!!!! Five more months to we meet again forever!!!!!
I'm so happy for you.

Your next five months will go by so quick. it will be so sweet when you reunite.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitah1013 View Post
I really dont know what to say today is day 2 of a 37 month sentence and I feel horrible especially for him being put away for doing a favor for his brother with good intentions....My main question is will it get easier? and to all of you strong ladies that have been doing it for a while how do y'all cope?
Sweetie I'd love to say it get easier but Id be bald face lying. I can say you learn to cope. you're gonna go through a million emotions. Please remember whatever you feel is ok but it is how you get up and go on that matters the most.

I have laughed, cried, screamed, whined, packed up all his shit then unpack it again. but every time when Im back to normal I write him. I make list what I can control, cant control, what don't matter. I journal which has helped a lot more when im mad and struggling. Believe me you will struggle but if you and him are strong, honest and COMMUNICATE. you can make it
remember to use this time to find and strengthen yourself and not loose you and him. Ihave put his shirt on with the cologne he wears, watched our movies Flicka is on of our favorites and write him as I watch it.

You will make it you just have to figure out what works and the support from here and your family at home will help.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilthepil12073 View Post
My boyfriend went back in this morning. He did 18 months on a 54 month sentence, got out and I got a case of the Al-Anon crazies....I fought with him because I saw him start drinking again and partying with the same so-called "friends" who didn't care about him when he was locked up. He got another DUI while on parole. He got 3 years on this charge but will have to serve the remaining 18 months of parole. Things got better between us and it seemed like life was going great. Then, he told me about the 3 years. He has only been gone since this morning and I miss him already. He was my best friend and we were always doing something fun. Now, I feel so lonely and don't know if I can get through another 18 months of this.
jilthepil it is always hard when they mess up on probation or parole. you have the right to get mad when he is messing up. My fience has gotten 2 dui's since we cot together and this is his 3rd time in. I do have to say the man who is locked up right now is not the man I met 7 years ago I got with him at a 2-3 (30pack) a day and whiskey. just before he went in with the support and change of living places he is down to a 18 pack only fri-sun.
now I'm not saying change states even though we did and it made a big differences but help him find that there are better people out there to hang with. but communicate what you need, what you're willing to deal with, and how much you love him. find a middle ground. good luck you'll figure it out.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Todays been hard. I miss my man so so much. I received an awesome letter from him today. We have shared some trials and tribulations throughout our relationship. until the last year he had never been 100 % committed to our relationship or future. I have always just been the woman he could get to take care of him. now don't get me wrong he has cared for me and even loved me but the head over heals for the growing old not 100%. now I am sure that the things Ive heard for the last year he and I have fallen deep for each other. I have let go of the ex husband and his family for the most part. there will always be some part there for them after all they are my daughters family and my sons step family. but NOt my problem took me a lot to see that.
Monday I had to face my fiancés original crime in black and white. As I stood there shaking tears began to fall, my heat heavy, I started reading and realized that the story he has told me and others was the same he had told the cops the day he was arrested 14 years ago. Now I had talked to his lawyers paralegal and she told me things weren't as they seemed. Ive stood by him for the past 7 years; there have been times I've wondered am I doing the right thing or wasting my life 2 years ago because of his drinking and the issues caused by the drinking I had one foot in the relationship one out. I miss him so much.
Today I know that he loves and misses me. He asked that we burn the documents from that case cause he is tired of being depressed and letting that past mistakes control him and our lives. that when he gets home he wants us to make a life that we are meant to have for the today, tomorrow, and the growing old days. Im so excited he is constantly changing for what seems to be the better. I love him so much.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
missing your man? And need to just let it out to people who understand? We all go through moments where we miss our guys and just don't have anyone on the outside who understands. Who better than the h/b pto members to help you out during your difficult time.

So, if you are missing your man and need to get your thoughts off your chest, this is your thread to do so.

Chin up, ladies. We'll get through this together.
i miss mine like crazy he will be out in 2016
Old 08-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer linn View Post
jilthepil it is always hard when they mess up on probation or parole. You have the right to get mad when he is messing up. My fience has gotten 2 dui's since we cot together and this is his 3rd time in. I do have to say the man who is locked up right now is not the man i met 7 years ago i got with him at a 2-3 (30pack) a day and whiskey. Just before he went in with the support and change of living places he is down to a 18 pack only fri-sun.
Now i'm not saying change states even though we did and it made a big differences but help him find that there are better people out there to hang with. But communicate what you need, what you're willing to deal with, and how much you love him. Find a middle ground. Good luck you'll figure it out.
hi i know how you feel mine is in there until 2016 and i miss him and love him to death he told me that he wants to change and not to get into trouble ever again just keep your head up he will be out before you know it
The Following User Says Thank You to catman66 For This Useful Post:
Jennifer Linn (08-25-2013)
Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM

My man is currently in Nebraska and I live in california. Its so hard not having him around. But we'll all get through this ordeal. He's a short timer but everyday seems forever without my man next to me. I heard there's an overcrowding issue there too and are releasing short timers. He accepted a plea deal, so who knows if he's even eligible for that. Keep your heads up ladies. The road may be rough but we'll all get through this. Our men will be home before we know it.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:59 PM

I'm hurting something awful today. My brother-in-law has been in town and he is a younger version of my husband, it's driving me crazy. I love my brother-in-law and enjoy his company yet the pain and realization of my husband being away is hurting something horrid. I can't stop crying today. I know we have less than 4 months right now and it's only been a short while he's been away but today; today it just hurts so much.

I miss you husband!!!

Hubby's home 12/23/2013.

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. ...and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” ― Marilyn Monroe
Old 08-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arma View Post
My man is currently in Nebraska and I live in california. Its so hard not having him around. But we'll all get through this ordeal. He's a short timer but everyday seems forever without my man next to me. I heard there's an overcrowding issue there too and are releasing short timers. He accepted a plea deal, so who knows if he's even eligible for that. Keep your heads up ladies. The road may be rough but we'll all get through this. Our men will be home before we know it.
Hi not sure you are aware but you can go to the facility website look him up and it will say the parole hearing date if he gets one. then when he has the hearing you can call a number or you can call the parole board at that prison the next week they should be able to give you info. I wish you all the luck. no matter how long or short it is always hard. chin up you'll find the strength to make it through.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer Linn For This Useful Post:
arma (08-28-2013)
Old 08-25-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJPZGIRL View Post
Well, just want to scream>...... I miss him so much. Soon as we can get 1900 dollars he can come home..... I just wish I was made of money (hahahaha) that way I know he will be home now. How do I keep from being depress? What is really bad is come Sept. 1st it will be our 1 year anniversary and we still want be together. We both miss each other really bad but what are we to do. All I know is I just have to keep my faith and pray a lot. I know things will all work out in time.
Thanks for reading.
Hello, my best suggestions is get hobbies, fill days with work and family. work on something you want to be better for me I wanted skinnier and healthier so Ive been working on eating healthier, exercising more etc.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:16 PM

Heartinhand for me at first I drove myself crazy with the what ifs, and watching lockup. then I started living. I had to go on. I worked on hobbies I like, surrounded myself with family and friends. On the really hard days I put his shirt on grab our cuddling blanket make some popcorn make a drink or two, pop in any of our favorite movies and watch it and either laugh or cry but either way I write him as I watch it. youll come up with your own way of dealing and whatever it is know its ok and right for you.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Last few weeks been hard without hearing from my man and not being able to see him...my mood lifted right up when he called today!! Listening to his voice is the biggest comfort, I have a couple greatfriends and family who are very supportive but they can't comfort me in a way he can <3 going to see him on the weekend aswel! Cannot wait to be Ble to just sit wit my man and forget everything for that 1 hour! Almost as if we go into our own bubble where it's just me and him and nothing else! No worries about anything, I am so thakful that he brought out the confidence and the strength in me to deal with this! We knew for a few months before that he was facing a sentence so he tried to prepare me as much as he could, although we wanted to put it to the bk of our mind, we knew we had to talk about it and I am so glad we did!! Making all this easier! I know when he comes back home in June 2014 it's a new beginning for myself my son and my amazing man!!
Love you forever and a day <3
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 PM

Default missing my fiance!!

It's so good to know how many people are out there that are in the same boat as I am. You certainly feel all alone when your out here in the real world. I was able to visit my fiancé every Thursday but unfortunately our visits were taken away when we got a little too close on our last visit back in early June. I have been banned for life from any Michigan facility for a minor touch of my boob! So insane. Apparently I get to appeal to get my visits back after a year. I really hope they let me see him again. Although, I did find a small loop hole. We're getting married in November! I'll get to see him then, but only for about 10 minutes. I'll take what I can get!! I'll tell you, these phone calls are a killer. I spend about $13 a day and we talk every day....sure does add up. I write him every day and send him tons of pictures every week of things I've done and seen throughout the week. It's very difficult. The worst part is we really don't know when he's going to get out. Before I met him he had a pretty tarnished record and many points so it didn't really help his parole probability. I'm truly hoping for 2015. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:45 AM

Default Hi

Just joined. Miss my man so much. We have not seen each other in a while. I live in a different state. Just saying hi and knowing how you feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenkins1 For This Useful Post:
kaytee4ever (09-01-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 02:19 PM

I'm right there with you ladies. My fiancee has a 25-year sentence and we are in the 16th year.

I miss him every.... single.... day. Sometimes my heart literally aches.

He's literally my best friend, my confidante, my advisor, my partner, etc etc etc.

It just doesn't get easier.

Thankfully we are within a couple of hours of one another and we speak on the phone every day, but...........

I still miss HIM all of the time.

:sigh:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovely Campos For This Useful Post:
kaytee4ever (09-01-2013), rockyaddiction52585 (09-13-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Tiannahouse

Default Missing my baby

Well we have been apart for seven months. I knew it would hurt but not this bad. I have been writing him everyday and usually get a letter everyday depending on what day it is. I'm so nervous. His parole hearing was supposed to be today but yet no one has any information to if it was approved or not. If anyone could help me figure this out. His PE date is 9/19/13. I'm hoping and praying everything goes as planned. I need him back in my arms so badly its truly a heart breaker. I dream of the day we meet again. I cant wait to make it reality. It makes me feel all warn and giddy inside just to think about my arms around his again. We have a little girl together. She is 1 now. He had to miss her first birthday and all the little moments in between. He got my name tattooed on his chest while in there. LOL. I thought this was so sweet. I never thought i would find a man that would do such a thing. When he finally is a free man again I don't think i will ever be able to let him out of my arms. I love him so much. He's the sweetest most passionate man i have ever met. He calls me his sweet angel. Writes me songs. Used to sing to me all the time when we were together. The best father to my daughter anyone could ever ask for. I hope and pray my darling you are out very soon. We can sit, talk, laugh with eachother for hours. Just being in eachothers arms once again. Its gonna feel like a dream at first. Im gonna you your favorite meal. I remember how much you loved my cooking and would always appreciate me. Your so sweet honey. I love you with all my heart and soul.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiannahouse For This Useful Post:
kaytee4ever (09-01-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 05:27 PM

Miss my Guy he's out of phone time and it's so hard when you're used to talking daily. I am going to visit tomorrow but its no contact and only one hour. Can't wait till he's home!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiannahouse View Post
Well we have been apart for seven months. I knew it would hurt but not this bad. I have been writing him everyday and usually get a letter everyday depending on what day it is. I'm so nervous. His parole hearing was supposed to be today but yet no one has any information to if it was approved or not. If anyone could help me figure this out. His PE date is 9/19/13. I'm hoping and praying everything goes as planned. I need him back in my arms so badly its truly a heart breaker. I dream of the day we meet again. I cant wait to make it reality. It makes me feel all warn and giddy inside just to think about my arms around his again. We have a little girl together. She is 1 now. He had to miss her first birthday and all the little moments in between. He got my name tattooed on his chest while in there. LOL. I thought this was so sweet. I never thought i would find a man that would do such a thing. When he finally is a free man again I don't think i will ever be able to let him out of my arms. I love him so much. He's the sweetest most passionate man i have ever met. He calls me his sweet angel. Writes me songs. Used to sing to me all the time when we were together. The best father to my daughter anyone could ever ask for. I hope and pray my darling you are out very soon. We can sit, talk, laugh with eachother for hours. Just being in eachothers arms once again. Its gonna feel like a dream at first. Im gonna you your favorite meal. I remember how much you loved my cooking and would always appreciate me. Your so sweet honey. I love you with all my heart and soul.
best advice call prison Monday they can give u official word ask for parole dept. You'll be ok
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman66 View Post
hi i know how you feel mine is in there until 2016 and i miss him and love him to death he told me that he wants to change and not to get into trouble ever again just keep your head up he will be out before you know it
mine returns to me in 28d 6hrs 48mins 22sec, but whose counting right, its been a long hard emotional, growing journey. Yours can change if he want and needs to for him and the family. Some might be jail talk but some be from his heart.whatever you do communicate your feelings and needs approval and disapproval. Remember your his partner not warden or parents or good time buddy. Good luck open mind open heart helps for the long journey
Old 08-31-2013, 07:39 PM

I'm missing my baby right now. I can't wait to see him Monday. I love this man so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogerswifey For This Useful Post:
kaytee4ever (09-01-2013)